[MOD] [AOSP/CM] [13-08-2016] True Stereo v3.2

What do you think?

• Total voters
Search This thread
True Stereo
For Samsung Galaxy S4

I use this mod for a while now and I think that people aren't familiar with this mod on the S4.
This mod enables the front facing speaker to create true stereo.
It applies when:
You play sound from the speakers
You are calling in speaker mode

I am not responsible of any broken speakers, use it at your own risk. Please do not use a sound increaser when you use this mod

Supported devices (It should work on all S4 devices which use the "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" file, please post if it works on your device):
Galaxy S4 GT-I9295 Active
Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 International
Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 Value Edition
Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 Verzion
Galaxy S4 SCH-R970 U.S. Cellular
Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 T-MOBILE
Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 Sprint

FAQ:
Q: How do I know if this mod will work and not break my audio?
A: Check which version you have to use, v1/v2 for old audio HAL, v3 for new audio HAL.

Q: Is this mod compatible with ...?
A v1/v2: If the mod doesn't edit/replace the file "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3", it should work fine.
A v3: If the mod doesn't edit/replace the file "Mixer_Paths.xml", it should work fine.
(Viper4Android, Dolby Atmos and Maxx Audio all work fine)

Version 1:
True Stereo Low-Low:
Front Speaker: 67.5%
Back Speaker: 60.0%

True Stereo Low-High:
Back Speaker: 63.0%

True Stereo Medium-Low:
Front Speaker: 70.0%

True Stereo Medium-High (Recommended):

True Stereo High-low:
Front Speaker: 72.5%

True Stereo High-High:

Version 2:
True Stereo v2.1
Front Speaker stage 1: 67.5%
Front Speaker stage 2: 75.0%
Back Speaker stage 1: 60.0%
Back Speaker stage 2: 63.0%

True Stereo v2.0
Front Speaker stage 1: 70.0%

Version 3:
True Stereo v3.0 & v3.1/v3.2 (New audio HAL only)
Front Speaker: 90
Back Speaker 77.5

True Stereo Remover
Version 1:
Front Speaker: -

Version 2 & 2.1: (New audio HAL only)
Back Speaker: 86

Last edited:
Changelog

11-06-2017:
-Removed mirror for drive cleanup. The downloads are still available here on XDA.

13-08-2016:
-Updated updater script for v3.2, now it can backup the original file. To delete the mod use remover v2.2. The remover v2.2 does not work on any other version of this mod.

04-08-2016:
-Updated updater script

30-07-2016:
-Updated mixer_paths.xml file with the JDC Team AOSP rom build 26-07-2016
-If version 3.0 breaks audio in call, try this version

03-07-2016:
-V3.0 Released: Use this version only if the rom that you use uses the new audio HAL.
It sounds very balanced!
Ps: up your alarm volume since the rear speaker has lower volume to make it even with the front speaker.

03-04-2016:
-V2.1 Released: Front speaker sound lowered at low volume, still needs tweaking in low and higher volume, I should probably add more steps if possible.

20-03-2016:
-V2.0 Released: Sound should be more balanced in the volume steps, probably need some tweaking here and there. (I have not fully tested this, so do not put the volume too high!)

11-10-2015:
-Added remover
-Added new versions
-Renamed versions (True Stereo Front-Back)

17-05-2015:
-Initial release

Last edited:
Modifications

Still not satisfied about the balance?
Edit the file named "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" (from one of the zips, not the remover zip) with notepad (preferred notepad++)

Version 1:
Line number 2122: Back speaker
Line number 2123: Front speaker

Version 2:
Line number 2122 & 2123: Front speaker
Line number 2124 & 2135: Back speaker

Version 3:
Line number 297: Front speaker
Line number 298: Back speaker

Version 3.1:
Line number 366: Front speaker
Line number 367: Back speaker

Extra:
Edit the file named "updater-script" with notepad and change the text in the quotation marks in ui_print("");, you can add more lines by adding more ui_print("");

Last edited:

baboomerang

Aug 13, 2014
New York
Works on my SGH-M919 T-MOBILE S4. I am running Blisspop Android 5.1.1 CM build of October 9th 2015. Works PERFECTLY. There are NO BUGS. SPEAKERS STILL WORK IN A CALL. SOMEHOW WORKS WITH VIPER4ANDROID. I would throw my money at you but I am a poor man XD.

Works on my SGH-M919 T-MOBILE S4. I am running Blisspop Android 5.1.1 CM build of October 9th 2015. Works PERFECTLY. There are NO BUGS. SPEAKERS STILL WORK IN A CALL. SOMEHOW WORKS WITH VIPER4ANDROID. I would throw my money at you but I am a poor man XD.

V4A doesn't touch the file that is edited by this mod, because not every device has this file.

Is the front speaker even made to go this loud? I'd be afraid of blowing the speaker.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

It can handle it without cracking noises. If you go over 75% at the config, you risk damaging it, do not use any sound booster mods which increase the sound by a lot, a little boost is no problem.

Reactions: Triscuit

Sincerity1993

Jul 15, 2013
How do I change between the Front and the Back Speaker? I flashed the Medium-High File and the Back audio is louder now but I cant hear the front speaker.

Last edited:
How do I change between the Front and the Back Speaker? I flashed the Medium-High File and the Back audio is louder now but I cant hear the front speaker.
There are different versions for the volume you play. If you use higher volume, the front speaker should be high and the back low.

I can not perfect the sound balance as it isn't made for that

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vipelp

vipelp

Oct 25, 2014
It also works on Galaxy S4 Value Edition I9515 with CM12.1.
But it is not true stereo because there is no left and right channel for sound.
It just plays one channel over 2 speakers or does the Youtube app only support mono playback?
But I still like this mod.
:good:

Last edited:

glarage

Dec 24, 2014
paris
Totally forgot to give a feedback= awesome :good:
No more need V4a, even when a call, i don't have to repeat....
Sound is very greaaaat!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    True Stereo
    For Samsung Galaxy S4

I use this mod for a while now and I think that people aren't familiar with this mod on the S4.
    This mod enables the front facing speaker to create true stereo.
    It applies when:
    You play sound from the speakers
    You are calling in speaker mode

I am not responsible of any broken speakers, use it at your own risk. Please do not use a sound increaser when you use this mod

Supported devices (It should work on all S4 devices which use the "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" file, please post if it works on your device):
    Galaxy S4 GT-I9295 Active
    Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 International
    Galaxy S4 GT-I9515 Value Edition
    Galaxy S4 SCH-i545 Verzion
    Galaxy S4 SCH-R970 U.S. Cellular
    Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 T-MOBILE
    Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 Sprint

FAQ:
    Q: How do I know if this mod will work and not break my audio?
    A: Check which version you have to use, v1/v2 for old audio HAL, v3 for new audio HAL.

Q: Is this mod compatible with ...?
    A v1/v2: If the mod doesn't edit/replace the file "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3", it should work fine.
    A v3: If the mod doesn't edit/replace the file "Mixer_Paths.xml", it should work fine.
    (Viper4Android, Dolby Atmos and Maxx Audio all work fine)

Version 1:
    True Stereo Low-Low:

True Stereo Low-High:

True Stereo Medium-Low:

True Stereo Medium-High (Recommended):

True Stereo High-low:

True Stereo High-High:

Version 2:
    True Stereo v2.1
    Front Speaker stage 1: 67.5%

True Stereo v2.0
    Front Speaker stage 1: 70.0%

Version 3:
    True Stereo v3.0 & v3.1/v3.2 (New audio HAL only)
    Front Speaker: 90
    Back Speaker 77.5

True Stereo Remover
    Version 1:

Version 2 & 2.1: (New audio HAL only)
    Back Speaker: 86

Modifications

Still not satisfied about the balance?
    Edit the file named "snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3" (from one of the zips, not the remover zip) with notepad (preferred notepad++)

Version 1:
    Line number 2122: Back speaker
    Line number 2123: Front speaker

Version 2:
    Line number 2122 & 2123: Front speaker
    Line number 2124 & 2135: Back speaker

Version 3:
    Line number 297: Front speaker
    Line number 298: Back speaker

Version 3.1:
    Line number 366: Front speaker
    Line number 367: Back speaker

Extra:
    Edit the file named "updater-script" with notepad and change the text in the quotation marks in ui_print("");, you can add more lines by adding more ui_print("");
    Changelog

11-06-2017:
    -Removed mirror for drive cleanup. The downloads are still available here on XDA.

13-08-2016:
    -Updated updater script for v3.2, now it can backup the original file. To delete the mod use remover v2.2. The remover v2.2 does not work on any other version of this mod.

04-08-2016:
    -Updated updater script

30-07-2016:
    -Updated mixer_paths.xml file with the JDC Team AOSP rom build 26-07-2016
    -If version 3.0 breaks audio in call, try this version

03-07-2016:
    -V3.0 Released: Use this version only if the rom that you use uses the new audio HAL.
    It sounds very balanced!
    Ps: up your alarm volume since the rear speaker has lower volume to make it even with the front speaker.

03-04-2016:
    -V2.1 Released: Front speaker sound lowered at low volume, still needs tweaking in low and higher volume, I should probably add more steps if possible.

20-03-2016:
    -V2.0 Released: Sound should be more balanced in the volume steps, probably need some tweaking here and there. (I have not fully tested this, so do not put the volume too high!)

11-10-2015:
    -Added remover
    -Added new versions
    -Renamed versions (True Stereo Front-Back)

17-05-2015:
    -Initial release
    Yeah, the metadata doesn't work because it can't find the file that was extracted. You could add an assert for that, so if the users device uses the old HAL the script would abort.
    For some reason the file doesn't get extracted on my phone, but RR apparently uses the old audio HAL anyways, but I'm pretty sure those problems are rom specific. So the zip works :good:
    Yes, correct. V3 and v3.1/3.2 are based on jdc team's aosp rom and should work on their cm and slim rom.
    I'll look into that abort thingy, it should abort also when I flash it on my op2, just not tested it. It would be cool to have one universal version with the new audio hal and the old method. If it detects the old file it should extract v2.x and if not extract v3.x

Shouldn't be difficult to do since this new script is a bit more clean in terms of extracting

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk
    I wanna know if this is Actual Stereo (with left right channels) or does it just play Mono on both speakers?

Mono

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Sorry for reviving this thread in late 2018, but just wanted to give some info to other users who are just discovering this mod. I am using RR 6.2.0 (Android 8.1) and will switch to Pie once RIL is fixed. I have tried and tested v2.1 and 3.1, and they both work just fine, even with V4A. I recommend 3.1 because it has more balance between earpiece and rear speaker so more sound is being fired directly at you. Also this is not stereo, if you go on Youtube and play a stereo sound tester you hear the same sound from both speakers, but this mod still helps the sound quality and balance a lot.