FORUMS

[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 16.0

1,403 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,934

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from npjohnson: Now building Android 9.0 Pie based LineageOS 16.0 Nightlies for ALL Galaxy S4 variants!
8th August 2019, 09:45 PM |#11  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black.kahder

Can anyone explain why, after years and years of devs saying that the S4 would never get official Lineage support (again), it's getting official support (again)?

Well, I guess it's a BUG of/in the dev's

Please provide a patch !
8th August 2019, 10:29 PM |#12  
Flag Neuenburg am Rhein
Thanks Meter: 1,865

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Can anyone explain why, after years and years of devs saying that the S4 would never get official Lineage support (again), it's getting official support (again)?

Because there was no developer who had time for it.
Be glad now that it is now official .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Exodusnick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exodusnick Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 10:33 PM |#13  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 863

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is a long story behind the scene....but doesn't matter. Side mentioned a lot of times S4 will get official support...but some "devs" on some "unofficials" threads had as FAQ that it will not be official support..
Anyways, is it matter anymore? You have official los now.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodusnick

Because there was no developer who had time for it.
Be glad now that it is now official .

Sure........
The Following User Says Thank You to Retrial For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Retrial Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 11:23 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Installed it on my old s4 jfltexx over the old lineageos 14 without any problem. Everything seems fine for the first 30 minutes I used it but some time later now after I didn't used it anymore I can't get past the login screen. Every time I put in the correct pattern the screen goes black and after a second I have to put in the pattern again.
9th August 2019, 07:00 AM |#15  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I used this rom since yesterday as second daily driver, compared it to other roms and I have to say, that it's great. I got some calls, wifi/bt/data connection is stable with instant connect. GPS is VERY fast like already mentioned. Battery life time seems to very impressive, the UI speed is really good. For me it seems to be more stable than nightly. Thanks to the devs.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gvamp Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 11:31 AM |#16  
Baguio City
Thanks Meter: 2,651

More
hi all, casting working on this build?
9th August 2019, 12:41 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Developer mode not showing after enabled
I backed up the Lineageos 14 load on my phone and installed the 8/8 nightly. I followed the installation instructions, using adb sideload to push the packages to the phone.
I installed the nightly along with addonsu and opengapps nano. I enabled developer mode, but the settings list does not show the developer mode, at least as it does in 14. Without that I cannot get su to actually work. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks....
9th August 2019, 04:27 PM |#18  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Settings => System => Advanced => Developer options
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rw_on_xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rw_on_xda Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 05:13 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siMp0lMaN

hi all, casting working on this build?

Not working, I have GT-I9515 with unofficial LOS 14.1 (from Exodusnick) and wireless screen casting works with my LG 49LF631V TV set, while GT-I9505 with official LOS16 doesn't want to even find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tyuper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tyuper Ad-Free
9th August 2019, 07:09 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does all variants also include gt-i9500? I've seen other threads that support all variants except i9500, so I want to be sure
9th August 2019, 10:09 PM |#21  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i9500 has completely diffrent hardware. ROMs from i9505 are not compatible with i9500 and vice versa.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowman3333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowman3333 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)