microSDXC maximum capacity

Search This thread

tonemgub1

Nov 9, 2012
Hello to everybodym
i simply wanted to ask what the maximum capacity of microSDXC cards is that the S5 mini can handle as I got different informations relating to this issue. In special I would like to buy a Lexar 200GB microSDXC and need to know if this will work. At least a 128GB card I would like to use, is one of my wishes possible? Thanks in advance!:good:

tonemgub1

Nov 9, 2012
Ok I ordered a 200gb microSDXC card and it works fine on 5.1.1 but it had problems on CM14 and CM13.

civicsr2cool

Sep 14, 2010
Sagnasty, MI
I've been running a 200gb in cm13 for about a year or two on multiple phones with no issues, s5 mini being one of them. what is the problem its having?

EvoWizz

Jul 26, 2013
Hey! :)

Well, SDXC goes from 32Gb to 2TB, so even if a 2TB SDCard doesn't exist yet, when it will, you will be able to put it in your S5 mini :)

Hey! :)

Well, SDXC goes from 32Gb to 2TB, so even if a 2TB SDCard doesn't exist yet, when it will, you will be able to put it in your S5 mini :)
Samsung has some information showing official maximum capacities, but I guess it is just how much they give support for. Maybe the firmware limits the capacity in some way? I wouldn't see why tho, are you sure that every SDXC slot can read 2TB?