DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H/M/... OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H or G800M here.
- Receiving and making calls
- Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
- HW accelerated GUI
- USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
- Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
- MTP storage
- Capacitive lights are blinking in standby mode
- Touchscreen unresponsive for some seconds after resume from standby mode
- Fingerprint scanner (no app for tests found)
- Pulse sensor + Step counter (no app for tests found)
- You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
- Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
- The image is only for S5 Mini SM-G800F (Exynos)
- It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
- Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
- Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.
!!! Development of this ROM is discontinued in favor of the CM 5.1 ROM !!!
This means that known issues will not be fixed. It is not recommended to use this ROM anymore.
The downloads have been removed and fully replaced by the 5.1 version. You can find the new CM 5.1 ROM here
- Odin3-v3.07 (it is contained in CF-Auto-Root)
- TWRP 220.127.116.11 recovery image [Updated 23/03/2015] (
- CM12 rom for G800F (
- Google Apps from here (for Google Play, ...). Select the package that suits you best. If you do not need all of the Google services the Micro edition is enough (BasketBuild Mirror for Micro edition).
- Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
- Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB
- Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
- Start Odin
- In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
- Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
- Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
- After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.
Before you flash:
- You need the latest TWRP recovery [Updated 23/03/2015]. Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
G800M/G800Y are not supported but are not blocked as the ROM might work on these (Exynos3470 based) devices. Only flash the ROM on a G800M/Y if you know what you do. Do not expect help if something went wrong.
- Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM12.
- Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
- If you come from a stock rom, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
- If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CM12 zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
- Install the CM12 rom zip-package
- Install the GApps zip-package
- Reboot the system and enjoy a Lollipop
How to root:
No SuperSu is needed as CM12 already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
- Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
- Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.
In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
- lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
- Reboot your phone into Odin mode
- Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
- If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
- In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
- Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM12 is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
23-03-2015: * Fixed non-working mic on incoming call issue * Fixed non-working menu-button * Synchronized with latest CM12 sources
A script to setup the build environment can be found here:
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common
[G800F][ROM][5.0.2][LRX22G] CyanogenMod 12.0 for G800F [Alpha 23/03/2015], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
hennymcc, Unjustified Dev
Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version from 2015-03-23]
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2015-04-15