DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H.
Important note: It is possible that flashing this ROM can cause efs partition issues. Therefore it is strongly recommended to make a backup of your efs partition before flashing this ROM. This can be done via TWRP.
- HW accelerated GUI
- Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front) (switching between camera and video-recording might crash the camera-app)
- MTP storage
- Flash Light
- Bluetooth (A2DP, HFP, HID)
- Initiate and receive calls
- Mobile Data
- USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
- Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
- Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
- Pulse sensor (preliminary and very inaccurate. Works with Apps like Kardiograph)
- SD-Card as internal storage (new Android M feature)
- Fingerprint scanner
- Camera crashes when switching from camera to video. Use Google camera or Open camera to solve camera issues.
- See the Bug Report section of this thread.
- You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
- Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
- Applications that use KNOX (e.g. "Private Mode") might not work anymore when returning to the stock ROM, as the device is regarded as compromised. Do not flash this ROM if you need those applications.
- The image is only for Exynos3470 based S5 Mini variants SM-G800F/M/Y.
- It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
- Some users reported that their touch-screen stopped working permanently after some weeks of usage. For some user's (two at the moment including me) NFC stopped working permanently. Probably this issues are not related to this ROM as also many stock user's complain about hardware issues (random reboots, black screens, unresponsive touchscreen) but you have been warned.
- Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
- Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.
- Odin3-v3.07 (it is contained in CF-Auto-Root)
- TWRP 3.0.0 recovery image [25/03/2016] (AndroidFileHost Mirror)
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM for G800F/M/Y
- Google Apps (contains Google Play, ...) for Android 7.1. The following is recommended:
- Open GApps Project, Platform:ARM, Android:7.1, Variant: whatever you prefer (e.g. "mini" or "nano")
- Reboot your device into Download mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
- Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB
- Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
- Start Odin
- In Odin select "PDA" (in newer versions: "AP") and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
- Check that only "F. Reset Time" is set. "Auto Reboot" should be disabled to avoid a reboot into stock ROM.
- Click on "Start": the recovery image should be flashed now. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
- After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device, wait a few seconds and reboot into recovery mode (see instructions below).
- Important: make sure not to boot into stock ROM, otherwise the stock ROM might remove the custom recovery again. If this happens, flash the recovery image again.
Before you flash:
- You need the latest TWRP recovery (see above). Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
- Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM 14.1.
- Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
- If you come from a stock ROM, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
- If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and the ROM zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
- Install the CM ROM zip-package
- Install the GApps zip-package
How to root:
LineageOS does not have root support integrated by default. You have to download addonsu-arm-signed.zip for 14.1 from the Lineageos Extras download page and install it with TWRP.
After that root access is still disabled by default. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
- Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
- Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.
In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
- lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
- Reboot your phone into Odin mode
- Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
- If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
- In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
- Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
Changelog: 19/08/2017: * SELinux policy update * Update to newest LineageOS sources 02/06/2017: * Firefox crash&reboot fixed (thanks to Spookcity) * Enabling the fingerprint reader does not cause bootloops anymore (thanks to Spookcity) * Ambient display option added (disabled by default) 28/05/2017: * Note: ROM is stuck in bootloop when fingerprint reader is enabled. ROM removed. * Enabled selinux (thanks to mirhciulica for fixing all those selinux denials). If you encounter problems check for "avc: denied" messages in logcat (see: https://source.android.com/security/selinux/validate) * Fixed Snapchat and SafetyNet problems (Snapchat reported server errors, Safetynet Helper reported a 1970 timestamp): Kernel patch was necessary. * Updated kernel to 3.4.107 * Applied most of the patches from kernel/common/deprecated/android-3.4 * Updated LineageOS sources * FlipFlap added to support smart flip covers: shows a screen with the current time in the window of the smart cover. Note that this relies on the magnetic sensor at the bottom of the phone. So magnets near the sensor can trigger this behavior too. * Replaced the buggy Gello webbrowser with Jelly - the new LineageOS default browser * Replaced the buggy Snap camera with the LineageOS default camera app * Replaced the Samsung battery charger app (lpm) with healthd (looks uglier but at least works with selinux) 20/02/2017: * Fixed Youtube scaling issue on window resizing * Compass fixed (thanks to mirhciulica for figuring out what's wrong) * cpufreq config added * Charge mode fixed (starts when plugging USB into a powered-off phone) * USB-Tethering and Wifi SoftAP (Hotspot) fixed * Camera doesn't crash when switching between camera and video (but might still crash sometimes) * Fingerprint libs reverted from MM to LP (maybe that fixes the fingerprint issues - please test) 01/02/2017: * conversion to LineageOS * updated some libs with stock MM versions * fixed robotic voice problem * fixed silence on first call 07/11/2016: * Initial test build
A README file with build instructions can be found here:
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common
- At the moment the G800F/M/Y specific port of this ROM is only done by two persons (CTXz and hennymcc). Although Unjustified Dev also works on this ROM he does not own an Galaxy S5 Mini but a Galaxy Light which has a similar base but is different when it comes to camera, nfc and other components (maybe even slightly when it comes to audio and radio).
- Help from other developers is always welcome. See the bug/feature section and this thread to see what is missing. Just give some short info (here in this thread or PM) that you want to work on some issue or feature so that work can be synchronized. Maybe there are also other devs that want to work with you on the same issue.
- Knowledge in how the kernel works and good programming skills in C, C++ and Java would be nice but not necessary for all problems. At least you should be able to build the ROM and test your changes yourself but you do not need experience in porting ROMs.
Thanks to CTXz, Psyafter, spookcity138, ayke and mirhciulica for working on this ROM.
[G800F/M/Y][ROM][7.1][NJH47F] LineageOS 14.1 for G800F/M/Y [Beta 19/08/2017], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
hennymcc, Panzerknakker, spookcity138, psyafter, ayke
Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version >= 15/08/2015]
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2018-08-18