* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is a LineageOS 16 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y)
DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Video recording via stock camera app (footej camera works fine. Possibly others)
How to install
Note You must use the latest version of TWRP
- Download the latest build of LineageOS 16 or LineageOS 16-microG
- Reboot into TWRP recovery (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
- Perform a full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe)
- Flash ROM
- Optionally flash your choice of GApps (Must be for arm and for Android version 9.0)
Notes about microG build
Includes everything that should be needed.
- Swype LIbs
MicroG build - Use the standard build if you do not know what this is.
13-05-2019 * Enabled HWC - Credit to Lukas0610 for a temporary patch (with thanks to @Mint Julep for pointing me in the right direction) 12-05-2019 * Synced LOS sources * Latest security patches (May 2019) * 100-ish kernel commits (Mostly wireless,HID and security related things) * Added libdrmclearkeyplugin proprietary blob (A start to fixing Netflix issues I think) 11-04-2019 * Synced LOS sources * Latest security patches (April 2019) * Merged latest lineageos/hardware/samsung sources into out hardware/samsung repo * Fixed video playback issues in Whatsapp,Instagram and Facebook apps * Moved android.hardware.wifi back to version 1.0 * Reverted pinning SystemUI, Dialer and SF into memory * Reverted enabling zRam (this needs kernel commits to work properly anyway) * Added sswap binary * Enabled sswap at boot - Size = 1GB ( This can be verified by typing 'free' in any terminal emulator) * Enabled memory optimizations - (B-services aging propagation) * fixed ambient display options forcing closed in settings * Added some build.prop tweaks ( Disabled fast dormancy and Increased WiFi scanning interval to 180) * Added wakelock GID for GPS and WiFi 10-03-2019 * Synced LOS sources * Latest Android security patches (March 2019) * Stopped building LOS updater (This is an unofficial build.We are not going to have OTA updates) * Fixed storage issues (Album art not showing up in music players,downloading files in certain web browsers,creating backups in some apps,copying items from ExtSD to internal storage ETC.) * Enabled call recording * Disabled NFC (It is completely broken still.) * Switched from init script to patch + build.prop addition to disable HWC * Default to dark mode * Set default hotspot name * Enabled Zram * Removed Samsung swappiness value from our init file (defaults to 60 now as opposed to original 130 value) * Pinned surfaceflinger,SystemUI and dialer into memory * Adjusted Fingerprint permissions 10-02-2019 * Synced LOS sources * Latest Android security patches (February 2019) * Upgraded from Alpha -> Beta * Fixed WiFi hotspot (Thanks to @rodman01) * Added a bunch of kernel commits related to sdcardfs (storage) (Thanks to @rodman01 and @Friedensfurz) - This is still not fixed however,but we are getting there. * Built Trust HAL * Merged latest LOS 16 hardware/samsung sources into our hardware/samsung repo * Added a Micro-G build 24-12-2018 * Synced LOS sources * Updated proprietary EGL libs from latest stock ROM * Updated WiFi libs from latest stock ROM * Updated WiFi configs from latest stock ROM * Enabled AOD (Always on display) * Added AOD on/off switch in settings -> display * Updated init files * Updated cbd (radio) * Added stock dalvik heap values * Adjusted brightness values * Bunch of kernel cherry-picks from friedensfurz's kernel repo 18-11-2018 * Initial Alpha build released
Credit and Thanks
- LineageOS team
- @hennymcc (for bringing many versions of Android to our phone and for all of his work on the device trees)
- @rodman01 for his help on this ROM
- @Friedensfurz and @cschsz for working on the kernel for this ROM
- @ayke (for recovery)
- @CTXz (for working on the device trees)
- @Psyafter (for working on the device trees)
- Anyone else whom I may have forgotten that has ever contributed to the development of our device. Thanks!
[ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] [G800F/M/Y] LineageOS 16.0 [Beta] [13-05-2019], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-05-13