[7/28 UPDATE] [UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][G800F/M/Y] XenonHD 7.1

252 posts
Thanks Meter: 339

By jimmy999x, Senior Member on 10th May 2017, 11:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jimmy999x: Xenon HD
Team Horizon is a creative team dedicated
to crafting meaningful software

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on AOSP and LineageOS with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

XenonHD is based on the ideas of

Stability
Every update is thoroughly tested before pushing out to the public. After all you rely on your phone everyday!

Open Source
XenonHD is completely open source. You can download the source and bring the love to your device!

Simplicity
XenonHD offers just the right amount of customisation and options. It is not bloated with features that you will never use!

Download Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195919129

Gapps: http://opengapps.org/

Supersu: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/

XDA:DevDB Information
Xenon HD, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
jimmy999x, spookcity138, ayke
Source Code: https://github.com/teamhorizon

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-05-11
Last Updated 2017-07-28
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jimmy999x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmy999x Ad-Free
11th May 2017, 10:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Interesting ROM. Smooth, very fast, it is interesting to choose additional settings (not many, but the most necessary). App start quickly. Nova Launcher, Phonograph, Substratum. No root, strange but no camera (Snap Camera HDR works super). Good firmware, I think many will like it. But RR is better (Google translation)
11th May 2017, 11:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleggluk

Interesting ROM. Smooth, very fast, it is interesting to choose additional settings (not many, but the most necessary). App start quickly. Nova Launcher, Phonograph, Substratum. No root, strange but no camera (Snap Camera HDR works super). Good firmware, I think many will like it. But RR is better (Google translation)

This is your post that's got me interested in which you'd say is better.. in your opinion

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
11th May 2017, 11:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsHv0925

This is your post that's got me interested in which you'd say is better.. in your opinion

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I decided to stay on this ROM for a few days for testing. (Google Translate)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oleggluk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oleggluk Ad-Free
28th May 2017, 05:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 261

More
So next week it's gonna be XenonHD.
Finally got to the letter X after about two weeks of flashing almost every AOSP ROM we got.
Man...on your Github thing it's like raining ROMs there. Xenon seems to be right in the middle in terms of custom options. Just enough for me.
It's like LOS but with Substratum and Nova.
On thing I noticed on every ROM is that on startup where you choose language the screen either turns black or sometimes green. You still can choose the languague by tapping the black screen.
Flashed most ROMs with gapps pico 05-20.
Thanks a lot for sharing your work.
Since you're searching for ROMs maybe you haven't heard about ScrewdROM (or ScrewedRom?).
28th May 2017, 07:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
buenos aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat750

So next week it's gonna be XenonHD.
Finally got to the letter X after about two weeks of flashing almost every AOSP ROM we got.
Man...on your Github thing it's like raining ROMs there. Xenon seems to be right in the middle in terms of custom options. Just enough for me.
It's like LOS but with Substratum and Nova.
On thing I noticed on every ROM is that on startup where you choose language the screen either turns black or sometimes green. You still can choose the languague by tapping the black screen.
Flashed most ROMs with gapps pico 05-20.
Thanks a lot for sharing your work.
Since you're searching for ROMs maybe you haven't heard about ScrewdROM (or ScrewedRom?).

https://github.com/Spookcity/ROMS-G800F/issues/10 There are many roms uploaded, maybe some you like, I'm trying to compile screwdrom, but I had some problems, anyway I'll try
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy999x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmy999x Ad-Free
31st May 2017, 06:32 PM |#7  

More
Really like XenonHD. Been using it for the last couple of days and it's running very smooth.
It has Nova launcher, Substratum (which works flawlessly), internal root (but I use MagiskSU 12.0), dt2s on statusbar and lockscreen.
You can turn off the button lights and there is no preinstalled camera app.
Toast symbols work and there also are LED setting. Battery life is great for me.
Thanks for making this work on our device.
Also thanks for the many ROMs on the github page.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pat750 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pat750 Ad-Free
5th June 2017, 05:06 PM |#8  

More
After using XenonHD for a week I'm pretty happy with it. Had not a single issue. ROM feels very smooth. Kernel test6 was also running good.
This is a ROM for people who don't need that many custom options. But it has more than Mokee or Octos.
Next I'm gonna try AOSGP from that new Github page, it has a lot of options just like crDroid or RR.
Hard to decide which ROM to use next. From test flashing I also liked Candy, Legend and Liquid.
---------------
@jimmy999x AOSGP has trouble with onboard Pixel launcher which doesn't work (flashed the ROM twice). Onboard Flick launcher does work.
I flashed Nova launcher and after rooting with Magisk Nova was very buggy (flickering and screen reset again and again), so reflashed Nova.
Again same trouble after uninstalling the Pixel launcher and Nova had to be reflashed. And once more after restoring some apps with Tibu.
Now after a day ROM seems very smooth and I will stay on it.
Thanks for the many many ROMs.
6th June 2017, 02:45 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
buenos aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat750

After using XenonHD for a week I'm pretty happy with it. Had not a single issue. ROM feels very smooth. Kernel test6 was also running good.
This is a ROM for people who don't need that many custom options. But it has more than Mokee or Octos.
Next I'm gonna try AOSGP from that new Github page, it has a lot of options just like crDroid or RR.
Hard to decide which ROM to use next. From test flashing I also liked Candy, Legend and Liquid.
---------------
@jimmy999x AOSGP has trouble with onboard Pixel launcher which doesn't work (flashed the ROM twice). Onboard Flick launcher does work.
I flashed Nova launcher and after rooting with Magisk Nova was very buggy (flickering and screen reset again and again), so reflashed Nova.
Again same trouble after uninstalling the Pixel launcher and Nova had to be reflashed. And once more after restoring some apps with Tibu.
Now after a day ROM seems very smooth and I will stay on it.
Thanks for the many many ROMs.

you're welcome. Greetings, lately I have not worked much in the roms since I started university, anyway I will try to compile some more, all the roms I compiled are in my afh profile, good luck https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=181843
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy999x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jimmy999x Ad-Free
6th June 2017, 12:34 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy999x

you're welcome. Greetings, lately I have not worked much in the roms since I started university, anyway I will try to compile some more, all the roms I compiled are in my afh profile, good luck https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=181843

Wish you all the best for university. Try to have some fun if they let you. Those were the best years I had, especially when you see what comes afterwards...
The Following User Says Thank You to Pat750 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pat750 Ad-Free
14th June 2017, 12:51 AM |#11  
Flag HH
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Do you have time to update XenonHD?
I saw in the original thread some interesting changes.
Many thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)