[KERNEL][G800F][exynos][G800FXXU1*][TW Only][MM Only]Custom Kernel

Search This thread

CruzerBlade4

Nov 21, 2013
Lima
thanks!

Yes, though I'm afraid I deleted the build. I'll build 1.9 again when I get home this afternoon.
EDIT:
Sorry for taking a while. Had to download the lollipop firmware again and need to find time away from work to build. Shouldnt be long... have the firmware and source now. Just need time for packing the ramdisk. Sorry having to deal with life aswell. :(

dont worry :p

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
Hi,
I use MM 6.0.1 G800FXXU1CPI1 on SM-G800F and with the latest Curtis Kernel undervolting works fine. Other things are nice but not so interesting for me.
But with this kernel now there is a problem with wlan. Password is not stored. So ist is neccessary to put in the wlan password every time.
Has anybody a solution?
Thanks

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Hi,
I use MM 6.0.1 G800FXXU1CPI1 on SM-G800F and with the latest Curtis Kernel undervolting works fine. Other things are nice but not so interesting for me.
But with this kernel now there is a problem with wlan. Password is not stored. So ist is neccessary to put in the wlan password every time.
Has anybody a solution?
Thanks
That's a secure storage issue. See below.

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5-mini/help/qa-custom-kernel-t3174097/post65568464

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Hey guys, I think I might be able to port the Knox flag faking from the S7 kernels. That might be worth the wait at least...

Reactions: Pokemetti2

digu16

Feb 12, 2016

OK. Thank You! I've changed the build.prop:
ro.securestorage.support=true ---> ro.securestorage.support=false

But that does not work. Device doesn't boot after that build.prop tweak.
With other devices (Note3) I have NOT such ('Secure Storage') problems with CM12, CM13, MM and some Custom Kernels.

So I changed back to MM with Custom Kermel on my S5 Mini. CM with an other custom kernel is no option, camera is not so good like custom camera app.
Nevertheless, Thanks.

Last edited:

digu16

Feb 12, 2016
OK. Thank You! I've changed the build.prop:
ro.securestorage.support=true ---> ro.securestorage.support=false

But that does not work. Device doesn't boot after that build.prop tweak.....

So, I've tried again. Now it works.
I don't kwow what was going wrong 4 weeks ago. Perhaps it was the problem that I've flashed the kernel at first before I've made the buid.prop tweak??? Or the writing of file wasn't successfully??? Or???

The following way works fine:
First I I've changed the build.prop, than I've flashed the kernel, than I've rooted and at last I've installed the synapse App.
Now I'm testing undervolting.
Thank You for the kernel and your sercive!

Reactions: vdcordu

zpk787

Oct 16, 2017
Yes, though I'm afraid I deleted the build. I'll build 1.9 again when I get home this afternoon.
Hello, how's that coming along? I would like to try your kernel on 5.1.1. I couldn't get f2fs to run with spookcity's kernel for some reason. Even with 6.0.1 that kernel only works with f2fs if I first get it working with your kernel, then flash over it. Maybe it's somehow related to supersu patching the boot image, I don't know. I can probably build it myself if you provide the sources. 6.0.1 was buggy or inconvenient for me in a couple of ways.

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Hello, how's that coming along? I would like to try your kernel on 5.1.1. I couldn't get f2fs to run with spookcity's kernel for some reason. Even with 6.0.1 that kernel only works with f2fs if I first get it working with your kernel, then flash over it. Maybe it's somehow related to supersu patching the boot image, I don't know. I can probably build it myself if you provide the sources. 6.0.1 was buggy or inconvenient for me in a couple of ways.
You can get the Lollipop sources from the Github repo on OP actually. I used source control, so you'd just need to check out the repo on the commit right before "Initial MM merge" which would be hash 3d601b9. I no longer have the device in hand to test though :(

zpk787

Oct 16, 2017
Alright, I built an image and it works with 5.1.1 fine. F2fs still doesn't work though, I format /data and /cache and it boots into a message saying that data partition was damaged (samsung's interface, so at least /system still works). It's supposed to work on 5.1.1, right?

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Alright, I built an image and it works with 5.1.1 fine. F2fs still doesn't work though, I format /data and /cache and it boots into a message saying that data partition was damaged (samsung's interface, so at least /system still works). It's supposed to work on 5.1.1, right?
Did you apply the ramdisk patches from the repo before repacking? F2FS requires a patched fstab.

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Hola ;) I have problems reinstalling Magisk after installing the kernel. Should I use SuperSu instead of Magisk?
That's not a lot of information to go on sorry. There shouldn't be any specific issues though. This kernel would also be pretty dated at this point which can cause issues with firmware compatibility. What is the exact problem you're facing trying to install Magisk?

brAvEiitoOr

Sep 19, 2017
Quito
That's not a lot of information to go on sorry. There shouldn't be any specific issues though. This kernel would also be pretty dated at this point which can cause issues with firmware compatibility. What is the exact problem you're facing trying to install Magisk?

I see. It could be that, but I don't want to install a custom ROM, looks very unstable. So, i use this kernel.

Magisk Manager doesn't open. I can´t use apps that needs root. I'll try to do a logcat with ADB, the app CatLog doesn´t work without root

tcsabina

Apr 1, 2019
Hello all,

I am desperately looking for a custom kernel where USB OTG is enabled by default. I have a G800F with none responsive screen, and I want to get my contacts and memos from the unit.
I tried this kernel, but still, I cannot unlock the screen with a connected mouse.
Could anyone confirm that this kernel is forcing USB OTG without anything?

CurtisMJ

May 23, 2013
Hello all,

I am desperately looking for a custom kernel where USB OTG is enabled by default. I have a G800F with none responsive screen, and I want to get my contacts and memos from the unit.
I tried this kernel, but still, I cannot unlock the screen with a connected mouse.
Could anyone confirm that this kernel is forcing USB OTG without anything?
Hi there. As per post #3 OTG is unfortunately off by default. I don't know where I've put my device at this point in time so I can't test a build with it enabled by default... You might want to try compiling a build yourself and testing?

The relevant commit is here
https://github.com/CurtisMJ/g800f_custom_kernel/commit/3d601b9a24df09251f5605ea2c5f1b829753bfdb

You would change otg_cable_type in arch/arm/mach-exynos/sec-switch-kmini.c to POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE_OTG and that should work

Tom_Nook

Sep 14, 2021
is anyone have MM version? links dead and i dont see any kernels for TW MM ):
upd: ok, spookcity for custom quite works
upd2: no, works bad -- dont have /sdcard mount

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hennymcc:
    Important notice:
    - You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
    - Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
    - The image is only for S5 Mini SM-G800F (Exynos)
    - The kernel is not tested well. It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an OTG device drains too much power)
    - Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
    Side note: Tripping KNOX counter might break some Samsung applications even after a factory reset. This might be due to secure storage(which is fixable), but for now be cautious if you depend on these features! This image will likley damage the Qualcomm variant of the S5 Mini, do not flash if you have a G800H!

Hello! :laugh:
    I've been working on a custom kernel for a while for personal use but I thought some of you might like it.
    Current feature list:
    • Patched to Linux 3.4.113
    • Fading LED notification (default disabled)
    • Added row I/O Scheduler
    • Added zzmoove CPU Governor(with temperature export)
    • Added PIE network scheduler(supposed to reduce latency, default disabled)
    • DriveDroid support
    • Universal Control Interface[UCI] (use the Synapse app to configure)
    • USB OTG
    • Boeffla sound engine (Only configurable via Synapse! default disabled)
    • Powersuspend with LCD panel hooks
    • 1.5GHZ clock speed on processors with revision 2 and above
    • Double Tap 2 Wake
    • Voltage Control
    • MDNIE Hijack
    • F2FS Support
    • Haptic Feedback for soft keys

Compiled with Self built Linaro 5.3 toolchain

This kernel is currently only designed to work with the corresponding TouchWiz ROM and likely won't be able to boot custom ROMs. KitKat/Lollipop TouchWiz is also not supported!
    If you have any questions about the included features (how to enable, what they do) you may ask in the Q&A until I update the thread.

About 1.5GHZ clock speed
    So, as it turns out, Samsung had already done the work to push the 3470 to 1.5GHZ. The frequency tables were already there and all that needed to be done was to remove a soft limit set on it and voila! 1.5GHZ! The catch is that these tables only applied to the second revision of the SoC and above.
    Possible reasons why Samsung set the limit:
    • The S5 mini comes out with both the older and newer revisions of the 3470 and Samsung wanted to avoid getting in legal trouble for selling a higher clocked phone as the same product
    • The higher clock speeds legitimately can damage the phone
    As I don't have multiple S5 Mini's at hand I can't prove the first point, but the second point is more likely true. If you don't feel comfortable with the higher clock speeds you may lower the maximum to 1.4GHZ via Synapse, but the default clock is always 1.5GHZ due to the way in which the frequency controller works.

Current status : BETA

Credits:
    andip71(Boeffla sound), faux123(Powersuspend), FrozenCow(DriveDroid support), ZaneZam(zzmoove), Linux Foundation(kernel patches), AndreiLux(Voltage patches for INT and MIF bus), Yank(MDNIE hijack), Samsung(F2FS)
    On-board BusyBox by meefik https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.busybox&hl=en
    The authors are not responsible for the way in which their features have been implemented in this kernel. Do not post bug reports to them!

Flashing procedure will be the same as with this kernel.
    Download current image here:http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=10241#downloads

Chaneglog:
    Code:
    -Initial Release
    -ZZMoove Update to 1.0 Beta 8
    - Linux Update to 3.4.108
    - Toolchain update
    - 1.5ghz unlock for higher revision SoC's
    - Ramdisk update
    - Double Tap 2 Wake!
    - UCI update
    - USB OTG now permanently enabled
    - Voltage Control (CPU, GPU, bus)
    - Fixes for DT2W
    - Linux Update to 3.4.109
    - Intelliactive Removed
    - Linux Update to 3.4.110
    - MDNIE Hijack

1.4_L
    - Lollipop Variant Now Live

1.4_L2
    - Second Lollipop release
    - Fixed OTG
    - System partition can be remounted again
    - Removed Frandom (Does not work so well in Lollipop)

- KitKat support terminated
    - Fix annoying bootloader warning ("KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING")
    - F2FS Drivers updated and F2FS support improved (/data and /cache)
    - Patch to Linux 3.4.111
    - UKSM removed due to stability concerns
    - SELinux policy support update (Latest SuperSU betas might need this)
    - Switch to self built linaro toolchain

- Update to Linux 3.4.112
    - F2FS drivers updated

- F2FS drivers update
    - NTFS support enabled (eg. for reading USB HDDs)
    - Kernel side haptic feedback on soft keys added (see second post)

- patch to 3.4.113

- Switchable OTG

- Updated to MM
    - No longer need to install BusyBox manually to use Synapse

XDA:DevDB Information
    G800F Custom Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    CurtisMJ
    Source Code: https://github.com/CurtisMJ/g800f_custom_kernel

Kernel Special Features: Boeffla Sound, Fading LED, Linux 3.4.113, row I/O Scheduler, zzmoove CPU governor, PIE netsched, DriveDroid support, UCI, USB OTG, DT2W, Voltage Control, MDNIE Hijack, F2FS, Haptic feedback

YOU MAY NEED TO REFLASH SUPERSU AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL!

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-03-07

Created 2015-06-08
    Last Updated 2017-03-07
    Just finishing touches now
    OTG switching
    Credit to tobigun for the original code (I actually attempted it at some point but failed miserably).
    Execute the commands in a terminal:
    Turn on OTG
    Code:
    su -c echo OTG > /sys/class/sec/switch/otg_cable_type
    Turn off OTG
    Code:
    su -c echo USB > /sys/class/sec/switch/otg_cable_type
    (Haven't touched Synapse in forever, cannot make sense of it anymore, so no Synapse switch soz)

Synapse Issues
    I had some trouble with colour choosers crashing Synapse under specific conditions. If Synapse keeps crashing when picking colours for MDNIE, please try the custom build available in the downloads section of this project.
    IF THE DEVICE IS CRASHING WHEN USING SYNAPSE, THEN YOU HAVE LIKELY SET UNSTABLE SETTINGS! SYNAPSE WILL NOT PREVENT THIS, SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN CHANGING SETTINGS!
    There are two ways to recover:
    - Use your recovery to delete Synapse's data folder
    - Factory Reset your device (Only in extreme cases)

Using PIE netsched:(likely not working with Android at this point in time)
    Run following in root terminal or as init.d script
    Code:
    tc qdisc replace dev wlan0 root pie
    tc qdisc replace dev p2p0 root pie
    tc qdisc replace dev rmnet0 root pie

ZZMoove and profiles:
    The zzmoove governor is highly recommended. It can be set to various profiles to mimic the benefits of various other governors. It'll even ensure the device doesn't overheat!
    The profile can be set by setting the "profile number" tunable in Synapse to one of the number values mentioned here. Setting it will change a bunch of other tunables. You'll need to restart Synapse after setting it and save the changes for future application.

Notes on DVFS
    Samsung's DVFS feature in their TouchWiz ROMs seems to get a bit shouty when anything other than the "interactive" CPU governor is active. It could also be the cause of rare kernel panics relating to CPU frequency tables(frequency controller expects something from the governor, governor doesn't deliver, panic). Since it also seems to cause a couple other unrelated issues, I'd recommended simply disabling it altogether(the easiest way being via Xposed)

Double Tap 2 Wake
    This feature allows you to wake the device by double tapping on the screen while it is off. NOTE:Deep sleep is near totally inhibited while this feature is active, this means extra battery may be consumed. On a tweaked ROM you'll get 2-3%/hr on full standby, on non tweaked you'll get about 4-5%/hr, please keep this in mind while using the feature! Android OS suspension should be unaffected. The feature disables itself when a Samsung branded flip cover is closed, including S-View covers(no double tapping on the window). The feature makes use of the light and proximity sensors in order to detect whether the device is in a dark enclosed place (eg. A pocket) and disables itself in these situations as well in order to prevent accidental wakes (though that may still happen...)

MDNIE Hijack Example
    Profile based of iPhone 6+ screen:
    R: FF 00 00 - G: 12 FC 12 - Bu: 00 00 FF - C: 12 FF FF
    M: FF 00 FF - Y: FF FF 00 - W: FF FF FF - Bl: 00 00 00
    Feel free to post any other nice looking profiles you find

Init.d in Lollipop
    I did not add Init.d support when building the Lollipop variant's ramdisk. Instead, /su/su.d should be used to run boot scripts. The functionality is exactly the same as the old Init.d.

Haptic feedback on soft keys
    In order to avoid conflict with ROM side solutions, haptic feedback is disabled by default. It can be enabled via the following command which can be run as a boot script (eg. in /su/su.d). Command must run as root.
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/class/misc/abov_touckey/vibrate
    NOTE: Above "touchkey" was misspelled in code. It should be fixed in a future update. Sorry for any inconvenience
    still not fixed lol

Extra Compatibility Notes:
    [url]http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62226500&postcount=2[/URL]
    New Version!

Voltage control, Linux patches and fixes for DT2W waking up the screen while a call is in progress(sorry 'bout that)
    Hi CurtisMJ, does it work with the new MM update? And if not can You create new update please? :confused:
    Hello, sorry for delay. I can't actually say if it will work at the moment. Samsung usually takes another month before releasing kernel sources, but the ramdisk is likely to have big changes regardless, mostly to selinux policies, which may prevent boot even if the sources would work. I'll see what I can do when they release the MM kernel.
    You can watch out for them on Samsung's OSS portal in the meantime:
    [url]http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=g800f[/URL]
    Edit:
    So they have indeed posted some Marshmallow sources, but only the MEA variant for now, presumably to pair with the UAE region ROM. Might have to wait for full rollout to get the European sources.
    They're taking their sweet time with those sources. I guess I'll try the MEA ones...