By PixelBoot, Senior Member on 20th September 2018, 10:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2018, 12:18 PM |#21  
Flag Prizren
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchl252

I haven't decided to flash it yet (can't decide between PE and dotOS) so I don't know for sure but I've seen on YouTube that it has 'double-tap to wake screen' feature so... that's kinda neat .

In addition, I recommend WaveUp from Play Store. I got so used to it that I hardly ever use home button for waking screen up. You just wave your hand in front of proximity sensor to wake screen up & there's a "pocket mode"...

I recommend dots. PE is is lacking in customizability.
Also, the Double tap to wake is not supported by our devices hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuciferIII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LuciferIII Ad-Free

25th September 2018, 12:34 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGaIo

Um... Is there a possibility to enable that feature?

Try with gravitybox
25th September 2018, 07:14 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferIII

Customizability is a very important thing but how do these both ROMs compare in overall performance (apps opening, switching between apps and so on)? Is this noticeable at all?
25th September 2018, 07:25 PM |#24  
Flag Prizren
Thanks Meter: 552

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchl252

Customizability is a very important thing but how do these both ROMs compare in overall performance (apps opening, switching between apps and so on)? Is this noticeable at all?

Well, the more features a ROM has the more bugs it can have, performance may also be affected. I didn't use any of this two as my daily drivers so i don't want to give you a verdict.

But if i have to assume:
Pixel Experience for best performance and stability.
Dots for Customizability with possible performance impact.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuciferIII For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LuciferIII Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 07:28 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferIII

Also, the Double tap to wake is not supported by our devices hardware.

You're right, it seems PE is lacking in customizability, the only thing it makes it an ok ROM is the Pixel Theming that makes it to look beautiful. Thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstef

Try with gravitybox

Doesn't work.
25th September 2018, 08:01 PM |#26  
Flag Skopje / Скопје
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I use this rom as daily driver and its super good fast stable and quick app opening for sure. Haven't tried dot but i don't think that can be faster than Google powered experience
The Following User Says Thank You to KomitaMKD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KomitaMKD Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 08:00 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for your hard work, but can you do a version for SM-G903M, we are still without any support for any ROM, my device is unlocked, with a custom kernel and works fine with magisk, but I need to change the room because the official One is really laggy also with tweaks.
29th September 2018, 01:44 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hello, how about missing features: Wifi-direct & FM radio?
1st October 2018, 06:04 AM |#29  
Flag Berzasca
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Camera not working
After some pictures, camera blocked and not working until after restarting the phone. Verified also with other camera apps.
1st October 2018, 07:18 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbaro

After some pictures, camera blocked and not working until after restarting the phone. Verified also with other camera apps.

I am aware of this problem.
I am trying to find a fix for it so don't worry too much.
Thanks for the advice tho!
The Following User Says Thank You to PixelBoot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PixelBoot Ad-Free
2nd October 2018, 04:29 AM |#31  
Flag Berzasca
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Another problem is with Hotspot. Activate Hotspot, and after deactivated, Wi-Fi not connected to wireless, until restarting the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)