FORUMS

Galaxy S5 Extended Battery | HETP [6800 mah]

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Nardskie1999, Member on 20th December 2017, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys! I was looking around on Amazon for a extended battery coz my stock battery is draining so fast. When the battery percentage is between 18% or 15% sometimes it turns off immediately (without the samsung poweroff log). So I found this battery in Amazon (sorry the pic is from ebay) and I'm thinking of buying it. What do you think? Is it worth to buy or not?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-12-20-15-26-02.jpg
Views:	2440
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	4365455
22nd December 2017, 02:49 PM |#2  
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Heck... I did not think it was really possible! 1 thing I would want to really know, is what kind on "Protection" is out for something like this? Knowing, that "IF" the battery is larger, you need a new back side (Battery Cover)! OK, Now, needing a new Battery cover, also means that any sort of Case will not work at all !!!! So, what is really out there for protection of the S5?
I will be checking into this! Yes, already have been looking into a newer battery. SO, guess I might as well look into this sort of thing.
Only concern, is Protection of the phone, after a new, larger , battery cover!!
24th December 2017, 07:42 PM |#3  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Sounds like your battery is pretty old. What is it that you actually do with your phone? I would suggest just purchasing a new battery instead.. I just bought 2 new batteries on Ebay for under $17. You can also get a wall charge to keep them charged, and change out at least once a month..
25th December 2017, 01:12 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Rizal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5

Sounds like your battery is pretty old. What is it that you actually do with your phone? I would suggest just purchasing a new battery instead.. I just bought 2 new batteries on Ebay for under $17. You can also get a wall charge to keep them charged, and change out at least once a month..

Im use my phone for heavy usage and I always play games. I even always use it when the phones charging lol so thats why my battery is screwed up. Thanks for the suggestion. 😀
25th December 2017, 01:18 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Rizal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofsalt

Heck... I did not think it was really possible! 1 thing I would want to really know, is what kind on "Protection" is out for something like this? Knowing, that "IF" the battery is larger, you need a new back side (Battery Cover)! OK, Now, needing a new Battery cover, also means that any sort of Case will not work at all !!!! So, what is really out there for protection of the S5?
I will be checking into this! Yes, already have been looking into a newer battery. SO, guess I might as well look into this sort of thing.
Only concern, is Protection of the phone, after a new, larger , battery cover!!

Yes it comes with a new back cover and a phone case which is bulky. The only downside I think is it has no waterproof protection.
25th December 2017, 01:40 AM |#6  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardskie1999

Yes it comes with a new back cover and a phone case which is bulky. The only downside I think is it has no waterproof protection.

Personally I do not trust the so called waterproof protection.
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doubledragon5 Ad-Free
26th December 2017, 01:34 PM |#7  
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Ok and Thanks for the info.
Really dont want the S5 any more bulky, but still going to look at them...

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Labs
3rd January 2018, 05:09 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I was gonna get a similar case. My S5 battery is literally from day one release lol its not bloated or anything since I use Device Control to down tune the CPU and GPU (Kinda like apple does with iphones) but I don't mind more bulk for better battery. Easier to hold in my opinion
7th August 2019, 07:43 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Где купить?
26th August 2019, 04:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a 6600 mAh battery made by Tothl Technology, model EXTS5 that I have used in an S5 for a couple of years. It has worked pretty well. Due to its thickness, it came with a replacement back cover, and it does bulk the phone up a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to kc27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kc27 Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 08:36 PM |#11  
Flag paris
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've a power bear battery/case 6800mah or 7200mah. I works more like à 5500mah battery but It works like a charm .
The 4 or 5 first charges are a bit long. but really do the job.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)