hello guys, about micro usb cables!?

Search This thread

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
the thing is my cousin took my cable that came with the adapter, and he inserted another kind in its white as well and abit longer the micro usb. and i tried it ,it charges just as quick as the cable that came with the phone, my question is , is it bad to use other MicroUSB's ? he took mine so i am left with this for now :/ is there no problem using this one?

is the Adapter only that plays the Role of giving charge to the phone or does the Micro USB cable also play a big role in charging the phone?

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
It's a standard data cable that comes with the phone and charger. The important part is the charger itself: some may only charge at 500mA.

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
It's a standard data cable that comes with the phone and charger. The important part is the charger itself: some may only charge at 500mA.

yes mate, i thought so too but there are people that say the cable that comes with is important as well like um they say it is better to use the original samsung cable that came with it ,cause they say 3rd party cables might not charge it as fast as the original and that it might heat up the phone i dunno though i am still trying to get my original samsung cable back :L Thanks for the reply mate :)

russ18uk

Aug 1, 2011
Only if it is really poor quality - unable to send a stable current at the right voltage. Believe it or not but those cables are unnecessarily thick.

I've been using my old S2's charger with the S4 and S5 without issue until I switched to the S-View wireless case. And that is very thin and long.

The most important part though is the charger itself: it needs to supply a stable current and voltage that doesn't exceed or drop below what the S5 wants to be supplied in fast charging.

Reactions: leondestiny

leondestiny

Jan 12, 2013
Seinegald
Only if it is really poor quality - unable to send a stable current at the right voltage. Believe it or not but those cables are unnecessarily thick.

I've been using my old S2's charger with the S4 and S5 without issue until I switched to the S-View wireless case. And that is very thin and long.

The most important part though is the charger itself: it needs to supply a stable current and voltage that doesn't exceed or drop below what the S5 wants to be supplied in fast charging.

thanks heaps mate :) im just oversensitve.. and thought that it has to be original and no other, because my cousin took my cable even without my permission and that pissed me off, so i am requesting it back if i still dont get it back i now know that it is actually okay using other cables as long as the quality is good, thanks again !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.