FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

looking for a battery replacement with nfc , will this one work?

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By THEwed123wet, Junior Member on 3rd March 2019, 08:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So , my device's battery is already showing his age and I was wondering if this is a good battery replacement with nfc
https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Batter...ct_top?ie=UTF8

9th March 2019, 02:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEwed123wet

So , my device's battery is already showing his age and I was wondering if this is a good battery replacement with nfc
https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Batter...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I can't find any review of this brand's batteries, no matter the device, so I wouldn't trust it. But same goes for Samsung batteries because there are all fake and Samsung itself doesn't care nor does Amazon.
I have myself bought "Extremecells" and it's really good. I also know of "Polarcell" (they trick a little with the Ah because it's not more than others) and "Anker" being some trustworthy brands for phone battery.

If I look in Google for "best S5 battery brand" you get a lot of rankings with very different results and I don't think any of them really cares about quality. So best to ignore.
My suggestion is to look for some effort able brands in your area (Extremecell and Polarcell are German, so I don't know if you get them (cheap) in your area) and then look for some reviews of the brands batteries no matter the device. The brands will always use the same production quality (at least for the same generation) and only differ in form and device specifics like contacts and NFC that doesn't have any impact on the quality.
9th March 2019, 04:57 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryIII

I can't find any review of this brand's batteries, no matter the device, so I wouldn't trust it. But same goes for Samsung batteries because there are all fake and Samsung itself doesn't care nor does Amazon.
I have myself bought "Extremecells" and it's really good. I also know of "Polarcell" (they trick a little with the Ah because it's not more than others) and "Anker" being some trustworthy brands for phone battery.

If I look in Google for "best S5 battery brand" you get a lot of rankings with very different results and I don't think any of them really cares about quality. So best to ignore.
My suggestion is to look for some effort able brands in your area (Extremecell and Polarcell are German, so I don't know if you get them (cheap) in your area) and then look for some reviews of the brands batteries no matter the device. The brands will always use the same production quality (at least for the same generation) and only differ in form and device specifics like contacts and NFC that doesn't have any impact on the quality.

In my local area basically all batteries are the OEM Chinese ones , I heard powerbear is very good, I was trying to find a good battery with an nfc chip since most batteries don't come with one, and the only one that advertised to have an nfc chip was that one
9th March 2019, 05:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
This seems rather difficult. Anker no longer sells for the S5.
I thought of RAVPower but they are American not Chinese as I thought. I'm surprised that Powerbear doesn't have any with NFC Antenna.
Also found a lot of Wubatec batteries but as mentioned here the quality isn't good at all. Sorry but I don't have any other suggestions. Many companies dropped production for S5 as it seems.
31st March 2019, 10:04 AM |#5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Bought a cheap generic one (said to be OEM) off eBay Australia and NFC works perfectly.

It needs to say NFC on the battery. Larger capacity ones dont seem to have an NFC antenna within.

Link

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123202606986
28th May 2019, 05:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bought one just a few days ago. Doesn't have many reviews but definitely should with how well it works. Has nfc. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Batte...dp/B077SJVPPG/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)