FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(How To / MOD) Microphone Gain Increase on All S5 Variants + Mod *Update 02/11/16

686 posts
Thanks Meter: 604

By thejester123, Senior Member on 31st August 2015, 02:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2015, 03:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 658

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester123

The mod does not affect the mic during phone calls, that remains untouched. I am looking into making it a little more audible in loud environments.

Just to clarify.......This mod does not change ANYTHING for your average phone call conversation. Correct?

1st September 2015, 03:41 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupifier

Just to clarify.......This mod does not change ANYTHING for your average phone call conversation. Correct?

Yes that is correct
1st September 2015, 04:54 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can't wait to try this... Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to shotymedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shotymedan Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 06:52 PM |#14  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 2,645

More
Quote:

You can send it and I will compare the two files, I will take a look at lowering the values and see where we can improve the quality , thanks for the feedback..

Damn I am on Android 4.4.4 (SlimSaber, a derivate of SlimKat) on my old Galaxy S2 and there I cannot find that file..
Do you know if it is maybe somewhere else under KitKat?

EDIT:
Okay I checked the new file, it is better but still a bit scratched in the peaks. What did you changed compared to the first file? I would also say, that the voice is a bit deeper than on my Galaxy S2 but I think that is not settings related but hardware

regards
The Following User Says Thank You to j1gga84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j1gga84 Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 07:28 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gga84

Damn I am on Android 4.4.4 (SlimSaber, a derivate of SlimKat) on my old Galaxy S2 and there I cannot find that file..
Do you know if it is maybe somewhere else under KitKat?

EDIT:
Okay I checked the new file, it is better but still a bit scratched in the peaks. What did you changed compared to the first file? I would also say, that the voice is a bit deeper than on my Galaxy S2 but I think that is not settings related but hardware

regards

I dropped the "rec-high-gain" areas by 10 that was all so perhaps a little more fine tuning and we will have this bad boy perfect . Thanks for your testing,feedback and patience...
The Following User Says Thank You to thejester123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejester123 Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 09:16 PM |#16  
Flag Allen,TX
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Noob Question
deleted
2nd September 2015, 10:05 AM |#17  
Flag Bremen

More
Quote:

I dropped the "rec-high-gain" areas by 10 that was all so perhaps a little more fine tuning and we will have this bad boy perfect . Thanks for your testing,feedback and patience...

Good morning,

many thanks again for your work
I checked it again while driving today. It is better than with the first file but still a bit distorted in the peaks.
Volume is good but quality is still a bit "scratched"
I could also record a sound file in whatsapp and send it to you via Mail if you need it for further improvement
If everything is ok I will share your thread in german android-hilfe forum and translate it to german

Btw. I found a very little error in the opener: "Back to Sock Zip" - I think you mean Stock Zip

regards
The Following User Says Thank You to j1gga84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j1gga84 Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 11:02 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sheffield

Donate to Me
More
That is not a problem at all @j1gga84. Haha, minor spelling errors darn it, I have a new file to upload when I get to my laptop
The Following User Says Thank You to thejester123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thejester123 Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 12:21 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
is increasing the gain better for a quiet environment or a loud compared to stock?
2nd September 2015, 01:02 PM |#20  
Flag Bremen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoberus

is increasing the gain better for a quiet environment or a loud compared to stock?

I would say for a quiet environment because microphone gets more sensitive, in a lound environment it gets distorted but thejester123 is still optimizing the file and the one you can download right now is much better than the first one from yesterday

regards
2nd September 2015, 01:11 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Ok thanks.

Is it also better in loud environment than stock or mostly in the quite once?
Because, I want to have fewer distortion at concerts and other loud environments
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)