Few people know that the call recording is built-in feature on Samsung Galaxy S5 (stock ROM) - it's just hidden feature (INFO)
To activate it - you need to edit /system/csc/feature.xml file (if exists, otherwise you need to edit /system/csc/others.xml file). Just add the following line (anywhere, but BETWEEN <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet> lines):
I have created a script to apply this modification as simple as possible and put it into MOP/CWM/TWRP flashable zip file. It performs these changes automatically in the proper xml file. In case of International variants of Galaxy S5 (G900F/G900H) /system/csc/feature.xml file usually does not exists. Script checks if exists /system/csc/feature.xml file and edit it if so, otherwise script performs necessary changes in /system/csc/other.xml
- a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 device
- Mobile Odin PRO or custom recovery CWM/TWRP or Linux compatible text editor
>> CR_enable_alexndr.zip <<
1. Custom recovery CWM/TWRP (KNOX 0x1) - open *.zip file using "Install Zip" option and confirm "Yes - install..."
2. FlashFire (requires root) - open *.zip file using "Flash ZIP or OTA" option. Do not enable "Everroot"! Push "FLASH". This type of installation let you keep KNOX 0x0 if you still kept this flag (thanks to Towerloot and updating ROMs via FlashFire only).
3. Edit feature.xml file (if exists, otherwise others.xml) and add above line manually (requires a bit of experience). You can do it directly on your phone using e.g. Root Explorer's built-in text editor. In Windows I recommend you to use Notepad++ editor, because it supports Linux text format (LF). Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.
The recordings are saved in /Sounds (internal emulated SD)
Hit Thanks button if you like my work