[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ (G901F) / LTE-A (G906S/K/L)

Search This thread

scarletwahoo

Dec 21, 2011
Has anyone tested xposed SDK25 or 24 with this ROM? I may try when I get home tonight and have time to make a backup of my system.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
Yes but, they turn on when touching the screen, we are saying about them turning on only when we touch the buttons, like the official Samsung TouchWiz ROM

Ah, that. Actually that wasn't possible until about three weeks ago. This patch added a way to build the ROM with backlights only on button touch.

However, with this patch, the buttons don't light up when you wake up the device, contrary to stock. I can add this, but does everybody want this?

Corinna

Reactions: Recycool

Recycool

Nov 5, 2016
Campulung.
Ah, that. Actually that wasn't possible until about three weeks ago. This patch added a way to build the ROM with backlights only on button touch.

However, with this patch, the buttons don't light up when you wake up the device, contrary to stock. I can add this, but does everybody want this?

Corinna

Can't it be added as a option? Like default stay like it is now and on the settings page of buttons have the option to set it like this, or if not just like an add-on, something to flash apart... Or if you want, you can add a poll, even I don't really know if most people will be okay with it, I'm because it's weird for me just because I have the white version and it looks too brighty.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Has anyone tested xposed SDK25 or 24 with this ROM? I may try when I get home tonight and have time to make a backup of my system.

I tested one of those "fan-made" versions for nougat and they re working, not very stable tbh, after flash phone started to reboot randomly, not too often, but you know, like twice a day.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg

I added a poll running for a week. Please vote if you care.

Corinna

bhabba

Nov 14, 2013
Exit download mode

Small question out of curiosity: Is it possible to exit from download mode without removing the battery (or issue a reboot command from Heimdall/Odin)? Pressing the power button for several seconds or a combination of buttons doesn't seem to do anything in my case...:confused:

cevati

Mar 28, 2013
Hey guys, I'm having big trouble at configuring the APN to get my data working. I live in France and my provider is Orange. I tried many different settings but nothing is working. Can someone help me about that ?
Thanks !

bhabba

Nov 14, 2013
S-View cover support by FlipFlap

I've checked out my new S-View cover today and wake/sleep as well as displaying the appropriate cut-out at the position of the cover window works as expected. But I'm not able to use the touchscreen through the cover window, i.e. I can't accept/deny calls when the cover is closed. Do you know if this is a general flaw of the FlipFlap app or a just an issue with our device?

In the meantime I've found out that the sensitivity of the touchscreen was just set too low. After enabling Settings -> Display -> High touch sensitivity the touchscreen is usable through the cover window. The downside of having high touch sensitivity always enabled is that there are a lot of button presses registered which I didn't intend to do (especially when in a hurry).
@cvxda Would it be possible to always increase the touchscreen sensitivity when a flip cover is closed, regardless of the high sensitivity setting (which is originally meant for using the phone with gloves)? That would be perfect. I could imagine that this affects all devices supporting S-View-like covers.

phamanhvu01

Oct 24, 2015
Hanoi
Hey guys, I'm having big trouble at configuring the APN to get my data working. I live in France and my provider is Orange. I tried many different settings but nothing is working. Can someone help me about that ?
Thanks !

Try deleting all of your existing and plox backup APN setting, then add your carrier's APN configuration for LTE. Then set the preferred network type to LTE. Works for me, with LTE running normally like it should.

Also @cvxda have you managed to get LTE working on your phone yet? Just asking though. Guess stock ROMs is the best way to verify whether LTE works or not. Least for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ali.akbar01

Apr 3, 2016
Lahore
I know it's appropriate thread for my problem but I can't find any other device related active thread.

My phone's running latest stock MM. I flashed TWRP via ODIN which got passed. However, when I tried to boot in recovery via key combination method, I ended up in stock recovery instead of TWRP recovery. Any solution for this problem?

bhabba

Nov 14, 2013
My phone's running latest stock MM. I flashed TWRP via ODIN which got passed. However, when I tried to boot in recovery via key combination method, I ended up in stock recovery instead of TWRP recovery. Any solution for this problem?

Did you boot into the stock ROM after flashing TWRP/before trying to boot into TWRP? As the installation instructions say:

Be sure to reboot into recovery immediately after having installed the custom recovery. Otherwise the custom recovery will be overwritten and the device will reboot (appearing as though your custom recovery failed to install).

ali.akbar01

Apr 3, 2016
Lahore
Did you boot into the stock ROM after flashing TWRP/before trying to boot into TWRP? As the installation instructions say:
Be sure to reboot into recovery immediately after having installed the custom recovery. Otherwise the custom recovery will be overwritten and the device will reboot (appearing as though your custom recovery failed to install).
How to immediately reboot to custom recovery after flashing? Phone automatically reboots to stock rom after flashing via Odin.

Jet45

Jul 23, 2017
Not from me. As I wrote before, I'm working on enough stuff as is. I will not engage in Magisk debugging myself.

If Magisk doesn't work and you want to change this, make sure to engage the Magisk devs and help them with logs and debugging. If there's anything to tweak in the kernel or device tree to make this work, keep me informed.

Corinna

I was just wondering that you had some informartions from backstage. It doesn't seem to be the case. A thread is open in magisk section (I linked it earlier) and it seem that magisk team doesn't response on it. On that thread, a walkthrough from Recycool may work but anything is confirmed and I've to try some things before saying anything.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
@cvxda Would it be possible to always increase the touchscreen sensitivity when a flip cover is closed, regardless of the high sensitivity setting (which is originally meant for using the phone with gloves)? That would be perfect. I could imagine that this affects all devices supporting S-View-like covers.

That's possible, apparently, but this isn't device-specific. Somebody with Java knowledge has to take a stab at it:

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_FlipFlap

Corinna

Reactions: rfnreynders

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LineageOS for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ / LTE-A

Code:
    - Your warrenty is now void.
    - You [b]WILL[/b] trip KNOX!
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.
    Introduction:

This is the thread for the offical port of LineageOS to
    • Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+, SM-G901F, codename kccat6, and
    • Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A, SM-G906S/K/L, codename lentislte.
    • This port is mostly stable. Still, there's no software without bugs.

How to install:

• For kccat6, use bootloader CQJ1, CQJ2 or later.
    • For lentislte use bootloader CPL1.
    • install custom recovery, ideally directly from the TWRP project.
      For kccat6: twrp-3.3.0-0-kccat6.img
      For lentislte: twrp-3.3.0-0-lentislte.img
      Note: TWRP 3.2.1-0 is required starting with Lineage-15.1/Oreo!
    • Enter recovery mode
    • Factory reset
    • Flash below ROM
    • Optionally flash Gapps. I suggest OpenGapps.
    • Optionally, if you want SU, install the LineageOS SU addon.
    • Reboot

Know problems:

• Sometimes the SIM doesn't show up after reboot.
    • Occasional Camera hiccups.

State of kernel security:

Download from:

Official nightly builds:
    Test builds (only on demand or request):

Sources:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE+ / LTE-A, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    cvxda, sassmann, xamio, sktjdgns1189
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: kccat6: CQJ1/CQJ2, lentislte: CPL1
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-08
    Last Updated 2019-04-17
    Notes:

Thanks to @Stamgastje for the first cut of these notes.

History and older builds (LineageOS)

The Lineage OS project -- a.k.a. Lineage Android Distribution (LAD) -- is a continuation of the CyanogenMod project, which was discontinued in December 2016. Before maintaining Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for this phone, @xamio maintained CyanogenMod ROMs (CM13, CM14.1). You can still find these builds via the link to his site (ionkiwi.nl) above. The original (and oldest) CyanogenMod builds for this phone were created by @sktjdgns1189. His original builds are still available here: http://fsrv1.sayanogen.com/KCCAT6-13/, and this was the original thread on this forum.

Installation

Below some hints that may help you to install these ROMs on your phone.

Clean install, or dirty flashing?

What is the difference?
    The difference is whether you clean (format) the entire /data partition (which contains your apps and user data, as well as the dalvik cache), or not, before flashing the new ROM image:
    • A clean install means: clean the /system, /data (incl. dalvik cache) and /cache partitions, and then install the ROM
    • Dirty flashing means: clean the /system and /cache partitions, as well as the dalvik cache, but not the entire /data partition, before installing the ROM
    With a clean install, you need to manually restore your apps and user data after flashing the new ROM image. With a dirty flash, there is no need to do this -- so this is the faster, but riskier solution. Therefore, it is always recommended to make a backup of your apps (e.g. with Titanium Backup) and user data (internal storage) before flashing any ROM image.

When could you consider a dirty flash?
    It is, generally speaking, possible to perform a dirty flash:
    • When upgrading a ROM to an newer build of the same ROM (but be careful when upgrading between major versions, e.g. from CM13 to CM14.1)
    • When upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1 (as Lineage OS is the continuation of CyanogenMod, based on the same sources)

When should you perform a clean install?
    In all other cases, so e.g.:
    • When downgrading a ROM to an older build of the same ROM
    • When switching between ROMS, e.g. from CyanogenMod to Resurrection Remix (or vice versa). Reason: different ROMs use different code bases that are usually not 100% compatible (exception is upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1, see above)

(Note: in case you choose to perform a dirty flash over your existing ROM, don't forget to re-flash the GApps package immediately afterwards!)

How to dirty flash an official weekly over an unofficial build (and vice versa)?

When trying to update an unofficial build to an official weekly build, I get an error message in TWRP saying
    "Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset". How do I fix that?

At the start of an installation the installer checks the build keys. They differ between unoffical and official builds, and the installer refuses to overwrite builds with different keys. To fix this you have to install the official keys before trying to install the official build:
    1. Run this script called lineage-migration-signed.zip in TWRP.
    2. Then install the official ROM zip.
    You only have to do this for the first switch from unoffical to offical build.

There may be reason to dirty flash an unofficial build over an official build, for instance, if you're developing or testing new stuff. The problem is the same, just in the other direction: You have to install the unofficial build keys:
    1. Run this script called lineage-migration-unsigned.zip in TWRP.
    2. Then install the unofficial ROM zip.

Modem and bootloader

Which version do I need?
    Builds from Sept. 19 (cm-13.0-20160919-UNOFFICIAL-kccat6xx.zip) and later should use a Marshmallow modem & bootloader (starting with 'C', so e.g. CPE1, CPH3, CPJ1). Older builds require a Lollipop modem & bootloader (starting with 'B', so e.g. BOH4, BOK2).

Generally, it is recommended to use the latest modem that is compatible for your device.

How do I get these images?
    The original ROM files containing the modem and bootloader files are available from the Sammobile site. You have to extract bootloader and modem files and flash them to your device using Odin (Windows) or Heimdall (Linux, MacOS, Windows).
    • Download the firmware file from Sammobile's firmware page for the G901F, G906S, G906K or G906L, depending on your device. The last ones available are CQJ1/CQJ2 for G901F, CPL2 for G906S/K/L. Assuming you download the CQJ1 version for G-901F, the resulting file will be called G901FXXU1CQJ1_G901FDTM1CQJ1_DTM.zip.
    • Unpack that file. On Windows, right click on the file and choose "Extract all...". On Linux/Mac, simply use the command line:
      Code:
      $ unzip G901FXXU1CQJ1_G901FDTM1CQJ1_DTM.zip
      After unpacking you get a new file G901FXXU1CQJ1_G901FDTM1CQJ1_G901FXXU1CQC1_HOME.tar.md5. This is a standard tar archive and can be opened with any archiver capable of handling the tar format (especially with tar itself). The attached .md5 suffix indicates, that a md5 checksum has been attached to the file.
    • Extract the file. On Windows you can do this by installing the swiss-army knife of archivers, 7zip. It installs an entry for the right-click context menu. Use it to extract G901FXXU1CQJ1_G901FDTM1CQJ1_G901FXXU1CQC1_HOME.tar.md5. On Linux/Mac, simply use the command line:
      Code:
      $ tar xf G901FXXU1CQJ1_G901FDTM1CQJ1_G901FXXU1CQC1_HOME.tar.md5
      Apart from the different download page and the different file names, the procedure is the same on the G906 variants.

Either way, this extracts the following list of files:
      Code:
      NON-HLOS.bin  cache.img.ext4   recovery.img  sdi.mbn
      aboot.mbn     hidden.img.ext4  rpm.mbn       system.img.ext4
      boot.img      modem.bin        sbl1.mbn      tz.mbn
      The files with suffix .img and .img.ext are the actual system files. You don't want them, unless you want to reinstall stock Samsung Android.
      The files NON-HLOS.bin and modem.bin constitute the baseband, all other files with .mbn suffix constitute the bootloader.

How do I flash these images on Windows with Odin?
    This is only marginally more complex than by using Heimdall (see below). The difference is that Heimdall can immediately flash the extracted .bin and .mbn files, while Odin needs them packed into a tar file. Fortunately you already have 7zip!
    • Select all of the aforementioned .bin and .mbn files. Right click to open the context menu. Select 7zip and choose Add to archive... from the sub menu
      Screenshot_20170125_120950.png

This opens 7zip's archive dialog. As Archive format choose tar. Append .md5 to the archive filename and press the OK button
      Screenshot_20170125_121840.png

Congratulations, you're now the happy owner of an Odin file with only bootloader and baseband images.
    • Sidenote: You could also create a tar.md5 file, you just have to append the md5 sum to the just created tar file. It's not really tricky, but you'd need an additional md5sum tool which is not available on Windows by default, so we just skip this here.
    • If you haven't already, download and install Odin.
    • Boot the phone into download mode: Power off the phone, then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons. You'll see a severe warning message. Ignore it by pressing Volume-Up. You're now in download mode.
    • Connect your device to your PC's USB port.
    • Start Odin.
    • Select the .tar file you just created.
    • Enable (only) these options: 'Auto Reboot' and 'F. Reset Time'.
    • Flash the images.

How do I flash these images on Linux/MacOS/Windows with Heimdall?
    • If you haven't already, download and install Heimdall. If you have trouble with the most recent version of Heimdall (the official version 1.4.1 has a few annoying bugs) you have to rebuild heimdall from source by yourself. Instructions for rebuilding can be found here and here.
    • Boot the phone into download mode: Power off the phone, then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons. You'll see a severe warning message. Ignore it by pressing Volume-Up. You're now in download mode.
    • Connect your device to your PC's USB port.
    • Check if Heimdall recognizes your device:
      Code:
      $ heimdall detect
      If it doesn't, you have to do some digging:
      • On Windows you might have to install Samsung device drivers.
      • On Linux you might have to create a udev entry for your device. As root, open or create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules and add a line
        Code:
        SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0660", USER="[insert your non-root username here]"
        , then reboot the machine.
      • On Mac... sorry, I have no idea what to do on a Mac in this case.
    • Flash the bootloader and baseband images:
      Code:
      $ heimdall flash --APNHLOS NON-HLOS.bin \
      --MODEM modem.bin --SBL1 sbl1.mbn --DBI sdi.mbn \
      --ABOOT aboot.mbn --RPM rpm.mbn --TZ tz.mbn
      This may take a minute or two and then reboot your device automatically. It might reboot into your recovery. That's nothing to worry about. Just reboot from there into system.
    LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo) preview builds

I made LineageOS 15.1 preview builds available for kccat and lentislte.

This is very much Work In Progress.
    Only for the experimentally inclined, don't use as daily driver.
    This is only for toying around, I don't take bug reports yet.

Working:
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (Photos only)
    • Deep Sleep
    • Display
    • Fingerprint
    • Google Play (with clean install, and a bit bumpy at installation time)
    • GPS
    • Hardware Keys
    • Lights, Torch
    • NFC
    • RIL
    • USB
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    Not working yet: Everything else. Most notably
    • Camera (Video)
    • Google Play (see above)
    • IR
    • SELinux

Corinna
    If I delete those files before reboot:
    /data/dalvik-cache/arm/system@framework@boot-telephony-common...
    the sim card is recognized.

Thanks, maybe that's a hint for a solution.

You were really up to something there. @sassmann created a patch to remove these files at startup, and it seems this really makes the RIL startup *much* more reliable. Over 60 reboots with 4 devices with only one fail on one device, and after another small tweak no fail on that device either.

We need a bit more time for testing so the patch may not make it into the tomorrow's official build, but what's one week, right?

Edit: I merged the patches so this should be in tomorrow's builds. Thanks again, @Krapotke!
    Edit 2: @Krapotke, I gifted you Ad-free, I'm just so glad we have a workaround.

Corinna
    Lineage 15.1 goes official for kccat6/lentislte

Apart from the occasional SIM problem it looks like we're in a pretty good shape now. I triggered the process to make 15.1 the official release for our device. First official builds are going to be built tomorrow or, if the timing isn't quite right, the week after (Monday is lineage-15.1 build day ATM).

Let's dive in,
    Corinna