FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][PORT][6.0.1] MIUI 9 for Galaxy S5

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By YunusalievFarhod, Member on 4th February 2018, 11:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2018, 04:43 AM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks how install xposed

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
7th February 2018, 04:46 AM |#22  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirla09

I cannot make a mi account?

Its ok now. I signup in chrome and then signin on the fon. Works fine! Happy to use miui! G900f
7th February 2018, 06:05 AM |#23  
edwin270's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tema
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
This post is really misleading. Where are the forum moderators. I went through all the setup and believe me, there is not a single MIUI 9 feature. Aside a single theme nothing else. No split screen and hell, even the settings structure of that of MIUI 8.
For me, internet did not work even though testing said it was fine. Tried different browsers and the story was same.
Camera also fc on me even with other apps.
MIUI launcher itself was a clear indication that whoever made this post just found a ROM posted it here.
Please don't install if unless you need MIUI 8 with miui 9 theme.
Am disappointed, was hoping this was going to be something unique. Just a waste of time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to edwin270 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edwin270 Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 12:35 PM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=YunusalievFarhod;75442614]Addons:

You can download supersu here: http://www.supersu.com/download
And magisk here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

DSP+ equalizer for this rom: in attachments, installing from custom recovery
Fully working ViperFX: in attachments, installing as apk[/QUOTE


Obrigado! instalei a rom no sm-G900M e deu super certo . sou brasileiro e agradeço pelo seu empenho em fazer rom para nosso antigo S5 #Brasil

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

No modo desligar não está funcionado sm-G900M, em vez de desligar ele reinicia .
11th February 2018, 06:04 PM |#25  
v00d007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin270

This post is really misleading. Where are the forum moderators. I went through all the setup and believe me, there is not a single MIUI 9 feature. ... Just a waste of time.

Is the rom really that disappointing? Am searching for a Nougat MiUI rom for either S5 or Note 4 btw.
11th February 2018, 06:25 PM |#26  
edwin270's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tema
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d007

Is the rom really that disappointing? Am searching for a Nougat MiUI rom for either S5 or Note 4 btw.

Sorry, this is nothing like nougat miui, not even close.
Hoping someone really does port it. I could but can't find the time to.


Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
11th February 2018, 06:40 PM |#27  
Tisenoiazei100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag At the city
Thanks Meter: 1,263
 
More
I tried to port real MIUI 9 from Mi4 to S3 Neo which is similiar to S5 with the exception of Qualcomm WIFI/BT chips instead of Broadcom but i cant boot it, it gets stuck at splash logo. I cant find anyone who has better knowledge of ramdisks to help me, every modification i tried failed. I think its impossible
11th February 2018, 07:58 PM |#28  
v00d007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisenoiazei100

I tried to port real MIUI 9 from Mi4 to S3 Neo which is similiar to S5 with the exception of Qualcomm WIFI/BT chips instead of Broadcom .... I think its impossible

S3 Neo similar to S5 ??? WHAT?!? You're kidding...
The Following User Says Thank You to v00d007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v00d007 Ad-Free
11th February 2018, 08:06 PM |#29  
Tisenoiazei100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag At the city
Thanks Meter: 1,263
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d007

S3 Neo similar to S5 ??? WHAT?!? You're kidding...

Not THAT similiar but similiar. I've booted Slim6 and MIUI8 from S5 just fine by just adding s3 neo's kernel on their boot.img and deleting IR HAL. The biggest problem is BT and Wi-Fi because they use different chips as i said above. Everything else can be fixed with just adding S3 Neo vendors and ramdisk editing.

I was also able to boot OnePlus MIUI8 but it rebooted or crashed everywhere.
11th February 2018, 08:15 PM |#30  
edwin270's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tema
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisenoiazei100

Not THAT similiar but similiar. I've booted Slim6 and MIUI8 from S5 just fine by just adding s3 neo's kernel on their boot.img and deleting IR HAL. The biggest problem is BT and Wi-Fi because they use different chips as i said above. Everything else can be fixed with just adding S3 Neo vendors and ramdisk editing.

I was also able to boot OnePlus MIUI8 but it rebooted or crashed everywhere.

Don't know how you do the port (process to be specific). But then could have said you should try to cherry pick the drivers of wifi and BT.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
11th February 2018, 09:17 PM |#31  
Tisenoiazei100's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag At the city
Thanks Meter: 1,263
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin270

Don't know how you do the port (process to be specific). But then could have said you should try to cherry pick the drivers of wifi and BT.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You cant just simply add them. I built S3 Neo's lineage kernel with prima drivers needed for Qualcomm Atheros chips, put everything needed from the device tree and it just, wont work. You have to put wcnss drivers etc.

To get an S5 ROM to boot on S3 Neo(without fixes) is ez.

Put S3 Neo's zImage on S5 boot.img, delete IR HAL and assert lines, done!

Στάλθηκε από το d5110 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
miui

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes