FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][KLTE][OREO]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA]

661 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,498

Post Reply Email Thread
My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Oreo
(LuisROM) for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) (Snapdragon)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) LuisROM / LuisBUILD
Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Oreo V6.0.0 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) (Snapdragon) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/line...Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every two week from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
  • Based off latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
  • Latest security patches and sources
  • RR OTA Updater
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
  • Build in MIUI Camera
  • Build in Oneplus Gallery (OP3)
  • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Latest Linux 3.4.x Kernel from @sunilpaulmathew SmartPack Kernel (thanks for your incredible work!)

Kernel tweaker app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel).

More Information about SmartPack Kernel on xda thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...texxx-t3564206
  • CPU voltage control
  • CPU Freq Gov: INTELLIDEMAND, INTELLIACTIVE, SMARTMAX, LIONHEART, NIGHTMARE, ADAPTIVE, ALUCARD & ZZMOVE.
    (for those who want to use zzzmove, I strongly suggest to carefully read this forum post by @Saber)
  • CPU hotplugs: Lazyplug, Alucard, and mako hotplug.
  • Full control over AC, USB and Wireless charging rate in SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Default charging rates: AC: 1800 mA; USB 700 mA; Wireless: 900 mA).
  • Boeffla Sound (for official KA users, follow these instructions by @Exzu to create respective custom controllers for Boeffla Sound and Fast Charge.)
  • Intelli thermal v2.0
  • Adreno_Idler
  • CPU Input boost (configurable in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
  • IO schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, VR, ZEN, FIFO, TRIPNDROID.
  • TCP congestion algorithms: Westwood, reno, cubic etc.
  • FRandom
  • Dynamic sync control 2.0
  • Powersuspend
  • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
  • CPU overclocked up to 2.84 GHz (only Oreo)
  • 268 MHz CPU underclocked frequency cycle
  • Additional 27 MHz GPU frequency step (idle frequency)
  • KCAL v2
  • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
a lot more...

Installation instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • TWRP of course (https://dl.twrp.me/klte/)
  • Required firmware latest bootloader (LL/M). Flash in TWRP before flashing ROM .
  • Magisk can also be used just make sure you flash it after a first successful boot (after passed setup screen)

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
  • Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
  • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
  • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
  • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
  • Flash updated ROM base
  • Reboot and enjoy

Download
Changelog
Telegram group:
Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:
Thanks to the best devs on earth:
Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks
My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][KLTE][OREO]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
8224Freak
Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 5.0 Lollipop Bootloader
Based On: RR, LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-29

Created 2018-05-14
Last Updated 2018-10-29
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to 8224Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 8224Freak Ad-Free

14th May 2018, 02:24 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to 8224Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 8224Freak Ad-Free
14th May 2018, 08:51 PM |#3  
Flag Oberhausen
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Find ich gut , Komme bei den anderen immer durcheinander & Werde die Tage die ROM ausprobieren und weiter Information sp├Ąter bereitstellen!
The Following User Says Thank You to KxngSxmir18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KxngSxmir18 Ad-Free
14th May 2018, 09:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Thank you for taking our device into account to enjoy your Rom,A new rom is always welcome

Waiting for the download to install and try the rom, so I read I hope something very good
The Following User Says Thank You to Ranniel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ranniel Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 11:39 AM |#5  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 2,645

More
Awesome
After using your RR on my Tab S (T805) it is a pleasure to see it for the Galaxy S5 (klte).
But may I ask 2 questions?
What is the difference to official RR builds and since when do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5?

regards
15th May 2018, 01:39 PM |#6  
Flag Varese
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gga84

Awesome
After using your RR on my Tab S (T805) it is a pleasure to see it for the Galaxy S5 (klte).
What is the difference to official RR builds and since when do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5?

regards

Hi, I'm as curious as you...this rom is very promising, personally because of the kernel made "ad-hoc" it should give better smooth system, better control for mic, speakers etc, and...I hope, better battery life! I'm more than happy to try it even renouncing the stock camera .

Thank you luis for the rom! I'll give a try!
15th May 2018, 01:41 PM |#7  
Flag The Beautiful Appalachian Mts / KY/VA Coal Country
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Yay! Just what I've been looking for! RR with signature spoofing baked in! Thank you so much! I can't wait to take this for a spin. As a microg user this is exactly what I've been looking for. I liked AOSP extended but miss some RR stuff. I can't thank you enough!

Got to finish reading the OP first but it looks great so far.

Thank you very very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to griz.droidx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift griz.droidx Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 01:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Man, this rom is smooth af! Great job dev!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fil in XDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fil in XDA Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 03:16 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gga84

Awesome

regards

Hi, many kernel changes. You have a sound gain control, new thermal driver, microG support and wireguard vpn (not testet) on board. Better Camera (MIUI Camera)...

Cu Frank
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 8224Freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 8224Freak Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 03:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This rom is awesome so far. I've been using it for a day but still have to test real world battery usage. But it feels buttery smooth and very responsive. I can't thank you enough. The only issue I've found is that the IR blaster doesn't work. If someone has an idea on what could fix it I'd be very thankful. But I can live without that if the rom keeps as fast as it is.

I can confirm that xposed is working too.
15th May 2018, 03:33 PM |#11  
Flag Varese
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Installed right now! really really amazing! just a problem with Gapps, I installed the pico version and the google service keeps stopping, can't access to google store Which one do you suggest to use?

Correct myself...i did mistake while installing the rom. As Written in the instructions the main step is to install the rom and the Gapps (MicroGapps!) together and then restart the phone for the first boot!

Thank you for the rom is simply amazing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)