[ROM][EOL][KLTE][OREO]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA]

Search This thread

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Oreo
(LuisROM) for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) (Snapdragon)
device.png
Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Oreo V6.0.0 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) (Snapdragon) only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Changelogs: http://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/rr/Samsung_Galaxy_S5_(klte)/RR-O-Changelog.mkdn

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every two week from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM features:
  • Based off latest Resurrection Remix Oreo / LOS 15.1 sources
  • Latest security patches and sources
  • RR OTA Updater
  • Compatible with EX Kernel Manager
  • Signature Spoofing (microG Support)
  • Build in MIUI Camera
  • Build in Oneplus Gallery (OP3)
  • Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood

Kernel: Latest Linux 3.4.x Kernel from @sunilpaulmathew SmartPack Kernel (thanks for your incredible work!)

Kernel tweaker app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel).

More Information about SmartPack Kernel on xda thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/kernel-project-kltexxx-t3564206

• CPU voltage control
  • CPU Freq Gov: INTELLIDEMAND, INTELLIACTIVE, SMARTMAX, LIONHEART, NIGHTMARE, ADAPTIVE, ALUCARD & ZZMOVE.
    (for those who want to use zzzmove, I strongly suggest to carefully read this forum post by @Saber)
  • CPU hotplugs: Lazyplug, Alucard, and mako hotplug.
  • Full control over AC, USB and Wireless charging rate in SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Default charging rates: AC: 1800 mA; USB 700 mA; Wireless: 900 mA).
  • Boeffla Sound (for official KA users, follow these instructions by @Exzu to create respective custom controllers for Boeffla Sound and Fast Charge.)
  • Intelli thermal v2.0
  • Adreno_Idler
  • CPU Input boost (configurable in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
  • IO schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, VR, ZEN, FIFO, TRIPNDROID.
  • TCP congestion algorithms: Westwood, reno, cubic etc.
  • FRandom
  • Dynamic sync control 2.0
  • Powersuspend
  • Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
  • CPU overclocked up to 2.84 GHz (only Oreo)
  • 268 MHz CPU underclocked frequency cycle
  • Additional 27 MHz GPU frequency step (idle frequency)
  • KCAL v2
  • SELinux "Enforcing" by default (can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
a lot more...

Installation instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • TWRP of course (https://dl.twrp.me/klte/)
  • Required firmware latest bootloader (LL/M). Flash in TWRP before flashing ROM .
  • Magisk can also be used just make sure you flash it after a first successful boot (after passed setup screen)

First time installation:
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Flash recovery (TWRP) downloaded from above link and boot to recovery
  • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to TWRP
  • Copy ROM base and Gapps, then flash them in TWRP
  • Reboot and enjoy

Update installation:
  • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
  • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
  • Flash updated ROM base
  • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Changelog

Telegram group:

Thanks To/Credits

Special thanks to Teams:

Thanks to the best devs on earth:

Thanks for the Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][KLTE][OREO]Resurrection Remix [6.2.1][UNOFFICIAL][microG][OTA], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
8224Freak
Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 5.0 Lollipop Bootloader
Based On: RR, LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-29

Created 2018-05-14
Last Updated 2018-10-29

Last edited:

Ranniel

Feb 9, 2017
Thank you for taking our device into account to enjoy your Rom,A new rom is always welcome

Waiting for the download to install and try the rom, so I read I hope something very good

Reactions: 8224Freak

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Awesome :):):good:
After using your RR on my Tab S (T805) it is a pleasure to see it for the Galaxy S5 (klte).
But may I ask 2 questions?
What is the difference to official RR builds and since when do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5?

regards

bebop80

May 10, 2014
Varese
Project Treble
After using your RR on my Tab S (T805) it is a pleasure to see it for the Galaxy S5 (klte).
What is the difference to official RR builds and since when do you own a Samsung Galaxy S5?

regards

Hi, I'm as curious as you...this rom is very promising, personally because of the kernel made "ad-hoc" it should give better smooth system, better control for mic, speakers etc, and...I hope, better battery life! ;) I'm more than happy to try it even renouncing the stock camera .

Thank you luis for the rom! I'll give a try!

Yay! Just what I've been looking for! RR with signature spoofing baked in! Thank you so much! I can't wait to take this for a spin. As a microg user this is exactly what I've been looking for. I liked AOSP extended but miss some RR stuff. I can't thank you enough!

Got to finish reading the OP first but it looks great so far.

Thank you very very much.

Reactions: ErbDroid

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin

regards

Hi, many kernel changes. You have a sound gain control, new thermal driver, microG support and wireguard vpn (not testet) on board. Better Camera (MIUI Camera)...

Cu Frank

CircuitDaemon

Jun 29, 2013
This rom is awesome so far. I've been using it for a day but still have to test real world battery usage. But it feels buttery smooth and very responsive. I can't thank you enough. The only issue I've found is that the IR blaster doesn't work. If someone has an idea on what could fix it I'd be very thankful. But I can live without that if the rom keeps as fast as it is.

I can confirm that xposed is working too.

Last edited:

bebop80

May 10, 2014
Varese
Project Treble
Installed right now! really really amazing! just a problem with Gapps, I installed the pico version and the google service keeps stopping, can't access to google store :( Which one do you suggest to use?

Correct myself...i did mistake while installing the rom. As Written in the instructions the main step is to install the rom and the Gapps (MicroGapps!) together and then restart the phone for the first boot!

Thank you for the rom is simply amazing!

Last edited:
I hate to pester on trivial things but the hardware button settings are missing. This is one feature I use extensively. Maybe you're implementing it elsewhere and I haven't found it but. I just figured it might be the way you're pulling everything or something.

Edited for the auto correct sorry about that.

Otherwise it's running excellent!

Thanks again for a great alternative!

It should've said hardware buttons are missing

Last edited:

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
This rom is awesome so far. I've been using it for a day but still have to test real world battery usage. But it feels buttery smooth and very responsive. I can't thank you enough. The only issue I've found is that the IR blaster doesn't work. If someone has an idea on what could fix it I'd be very thankful. But I can live without that if the rom keeps as fast as it is.

I can confirm that xposed is working too.

thx, i will check the ir issue and fix this on one of the next buils(s).

Cu Frank

No I'm on mm bootloader too. It didn't matter as long as it's unlocked and twrp is on there

Correction maybe not mm bootloader but if you're like me you upgraded to the latest or close to the latest firmware to test a TW ROM in the past. If you can run any other room as usual you'll be fine. Peachy even

And I must say the ROM ran excellent. But I'm going to wait on the next build for hardware key customization and a few other things I have to figure out on my own. I had trouble installing microg using nanodroid. But that was probably my fault. This rom is still incredible!

Thanks again so much.

Last edited:

bebop80

May 10, 2014
Varese
Project Treble
Great rom at all!!! The kernel mod is amazing! Well done Luís! Today is the battery test day??
The only thing I found not working is the use of ex kernel manager for changing the sound levels: once I try to change level, the audio, mic, after the reboot won't work. If I set the standard level, it works again.
Would be great if will be fixed ???
Anyway thanks again... You did an amazing job!

Reactions: griz.droidx

ponczo

Feb 20, 2012
Rom is quite smooth, but all the time two cores are at 2,46 GHz (50% off all working time).

Top Liked Posts