[ROM][G901F][6.0.1] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13 for Galaxy S5 4G Plus

Search This thread

Stamgastje

Apr 8, 2011
Well as of now data drops seems gone now with the latest build of LineageOS . Will try the RR build.

Goodjob guys. More power to maintainers.

Thanks for the confirmation. We now have 4 confirmations (including mine), so I marked the issue as "resolved" in my bug tracker.

Big "thank you" to @xamio and @cvxda indeed!

The only somewhat annoying issue left (in my opinion) is the distorted video playback in WhatsApp.

Last edited:

Iron Steel

Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I'm actually on Norma V5 rom with bootloader CPI4 and modem CPE1. Can I install Lineage or RR rom without install first a stock FW and TWRP and only make a full wipe and install one of them.
my version of TWRP is twrp-3.0.2-1-b4-kccat6.tar.
and what's the good package of gapps (mini, stock, nano, etc) to use with.

thanks for answers.

cvxda

Dec 31, 2010
Nürnberg
New Resurrection Remix thread

In agreement with @xamio I now created a separate Resurrection Remix thread:

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-resurrection-remix-samsung-galaxy-t3534296

As mentioned briefly in the RR thread's OP, the main development will take place in the Lineage OS thread. The RR thread only handles stuff related to RR itself. I will announce new RR versions only in that thread from now on.

Now that we have two new threads for our development, and given how much this thread got cluttered, I'd like to suggest to abandon this thread and to move over to the Lineage OS and the Resurrection Remix threads.

See you over there.

Corinna

Last edited:

Azakhan

Jan 16, 2011
So what is the best rom out there for the G901F? Recently I'm owning a G901F and decided to get rid of the stock rom and go for a custom rom as the stock samsung-firmware is annoying me.

There's seem to be too many threads with different kinds of custom-roms out there. This thread seems to be the most popular one out there, but is this unofficial cyanogenmod version any good? And what other roms would you recommend?

I am not using the phone for testing-purposes, but for actual daily usage, so I would like a rom that is as stable as possible.

Last edited:

Tarzangold

May 26, 2014
So what is the best rom out there for the G901F? Recently I'm owning a G901F and decided to get rid of the stock rom and go for a custom rom as the stock samsung-firmware is annoying me.

There's seem to be too many threads with different kinds of custom-roms out there. This thread seems to be the most popular one out there, but is this unofficial cyanogenmod version any good? And what other roms would you recommend?

I am not using the phone for testing-purposes, but for actual daily usage, so I would like a rom that is as stable as possible.

Are you this Rom : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-mokee-marshmallow-s5-lte-plus-t3303486

ore this is my Favorit Rom: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/rom-resurrection-remix-samsung-galaxy-t3534296

:)

Reactions: andreoide

andreoide

Tarzangold

May 26, 2014
But are these roms stable? They seem to be in very early phases. Great for testing, but not for daily use in my opinion.

Mookee gets daily updates and gives it the longer. Where is your problem man. Flashe the roms and see if you like it. The rom run on any device worse or better. RR Rome is Nugat 7.1.1 and I find running wonderful ..... but there is still no xposed for Nugat. One also does not need, because many Xposed modules in the RR Intregiert are. Do it

ruchern

Jul 20, 2010
Brisbane
ruchern.com
Mookee gets daily updates and gives it the longer. Where is your problem man. Flashe the roms and see if you like it. The rom run on any device worse or better. RR Rome is Nugat 7.1.1 and I find running wonderful ..... but there is still no xposed for Nugat. One also does not need, because many Xposed modules in the RR Intregiert are. Do it

If you want xposed modules, then you have to stick to Marshmallow 6.0 for now, which both LineageOS and RR Remix for this device model have moved on to Android 7.1.1.

Just see if you can get rid of xposed modules. I personally don't think Greenify saves battery at all, if you are using it.

savagekevin

Apr 22, 2017
Yeah, I have the same problem here. Flashed the phone several times with the latest version, but encryption does not seem to work.
After pressing 'encrpyt phone' it just seems to do a reset of the phone and nothing has changed. Searched for different solution but none worked, so unfortunately I had to revert back to 5.1.1. as my company requires encryption on my device to synchronize email etc.

Same problem for me with both this and newer Lineage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMod 13 for Galaxy S5 4G Plus​

/* Info */

CyanogenMod 13 build for Galaxy S5 4G Plus.
    This Project is WIP Project.
    If you can help me, please contact to me.
    E-mail : nsh1189@gmail.com

/* Disclaimer */

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

/* Supported devices */

Galaxy S5 4G Plus [SM-G901F]

/* Unsupported devices */

Everything else from supported devices

/* Downloads */

http://fsrv1.sayanogen.com/KCCAT6-13/

/* Contributions */

@arter97
    @skvalex

/* Donations */

Donate to @arter97 : http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4898097
    Donate to @skvalex : https://callrecorder.skvalex.com/buy/howto.php
    Donate to me : http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4114162

/* Fund Raiser */
    Fund-raising was done.
    - Donation use history -
    All Donation : $500
    Fund-raiser Commission : -$40
    Device : -$460
    Shipping : -$18
    Surtax : -KRW 50,800 ($50)
    Thanks.

/* Open Source */
    https://github.com/sktjdgns1189

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][G901F][6.0.1] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod 13 for Galaxy S5 4G Plus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    sktjdgns1189, arter97, skvalex
    Source Code: https://github.com/sktjdgns1189

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13

Version Information

Created 2015-12-29
    Last Updated 2016-01-26
    (Below a summary of the information that was posted in this thread from page 100 onward. Last update: Jan. 8, 2017.)

Lineage OS (and related) ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus (SM-G901F / kccat6)

This post provides an overview of Lineage OS ROMs for this phone, as well as its predecessor (CyanogenMod) and a derivative (Resurrection Remix).

Lineage OS (and CyanogenMod)

The Lineage OS ROM (14.1) is maintained by @xamio and the latest builds are available here: http://ionkiwi.nl/archive/view/4/samsung-galaxy-s5--g901f--kccat6xx.

The Lineage OS ROM now has its own thread, so please have a look there for the latest info.

History and older builds (CyanogenMod)
    The Lineage OS project -- a.k.a. Lineage Android Distribution (LAD) -- is a continuation of the CyanogenMod project, which was discontinued in December 2016. Before maintaining Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for this phone, @xamio maintained CyanogenMod ROMs (CM13, CM14.1). You can still find these builds via the link to his site (ionkiwi.nl) above. The original (and oldest) CyanogenMod builds for this phone were created by @sktjdgns1189. His original builds are still available here: http://fsrv1.sayanogen.com/KCCAT6-13/

Resurrection Remix

Resurrection Remix is a distribution that is based on Lineage OS (previously CyanogenMod), but adds its own customizations.
    These ROMs (RR 5.7, 5.8) are maintained by @cvxda (Corinna) and her builds are available here: http://cygwin.de/rr/kccat6xx/

The Resurrection Remix ROM now has its own thread, so please have a look there for the latest info.

Installation

Below some hints that may help you to install these ROMs on your phone.

Clean install, or dirty flashing?

What is the difference?
    The difference is whether you clean (format) the entire /data partition (which contains your apps and user data, as well as the dalvik cache), or not, before flashing the new ROM image:
    • A clean install means: clean the /system, /data (incl. dalvik cache) and /cache partitions, and then install the ROM
    • Dirty flashing means: clean the /system and /cache partitions, as well as the dalvik cache, but not the entire /data partition, before installing the ROM
    With a clean install, you need to manually restore your apps and user data after flashing the new ROM image. With a dirty flash, there is no need to do this -- so this is the faster, but riskier solution. Therefore, it is always recommended to make a backup of your apps (e.g. with Titanium Backup) and user data (internal storage) before flashing any ROM image.

When could you consider a dirty flash?
    It is, generally speaking, possible to perform a dirty flash:
    • When upgrading a ROM to an newer build of the same ROM (but be careful when upgrading between major versions, e.g. from CM13 to CM14.1)
    • When upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1 (as Lineage OS is the continuation of CyanogenMod, based on the same sources)

When should you perform a clean install?
    In all other cases, so e.g.:
    • When downgrading a ROM to an older build of the same ROM
    • When switching between ROMS, e.g. from CyanogenMod to Resurrection Remix (or vice versa). Reason: different ROMs use different code bases that are usually not 100% compatible (exception is upgrading from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage OS 14.1, see above)

Google Apps

Google Apps packages can be downloaded here: http://opengapps.org/.

(Note: in case you choose to perform a dirty flash over your existing ROM, don't forget to re-flash the GApps package immediately afterwards!)

Modem and bootloader

Which version do I need?
    Builds from Sept. 19 (cm-13.0-20160919-UNOFFICIAL-kccat6xx.zip) and later should use a Marshmallow modem & bootloader (starting with 'C', so e.g. CPE1, CPH3, CPJ1).
    Older builds require a Lollipop modem & bootloader (starting with 'B', so e.g. BOH4, BOK2).

Generally, it is recommended to use the latest modem (CPJ1) that is compatible for your device.

Where do I find these images?
    The binaries can be downloaded here (versions BOH4, BOK2, CPE1, CPH3) and here (version CPJ1).
    (Note that modem CP_G901FXXU1CPHA.tar.md5 that can be downloaded via the first link is not version CPHA, but CPH3.)

How do I flash these images?
    1. Boot the phone into download mode (power off the phone and then press and hold the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons)
    2. Start the Odin tool (download here)
    3. Select the images (CP = modem, BL = boot loader)
    4. Enable (only) these options: 'Auto Reboot' and 'F. Reset Time'.
    5. Flash the images

Recovery

It is recommended to use TWRP recovery v3.0.2-0 or later. You can download it from xamio's site, or from cvxda's site.

Note:
    When restoring Nandroid backups with TWRP may result in com.android.phone constantly crashing. The root cause is known: recent versions of the ROMs set SELinux to enforcing, and some of the security contexts on the /data partition are missing/incorrect after restoring the backup image. To fix this, run 'restorecon -R /data' (manually) from TWRP recovery, immediately after restoring a Nandroid image (so before booting Android), to restore these contexts. Hopefully this will be automated in future versions of TWRP.

Further information

If you're new to flashing custom ROMs on this phone, I can recommend you to have a look at this nice tutorial. It explains, step-by-step, how to flash the recovery, modem and bootloader images, and finally the ROM on your phone.

Known limitations / issues

Below a list of (previous and current) known issues and limitations.

Unless stated differently, these issues and limitations apply to all ROMs listed above.
    Note that RR 5.7.x ~ CM 13 and RR 5.8.x ~ CM/LAD 14.1, so these ROMs have (had) the same issues.

Wireless:
    • cellular data connection unstable (data drops), on certain cellular networks only (in particular, T-Mobile/Telekom, EE, O2 and Proximus) --> fixed (>= 2016-12-29)
    • wrong MAC address is used (real one in /efs/wifi/.mac.info is ignored) --> fixed (>= 20161226)
    • screen casting (miracast) does not work --> fixed (>= 20161226)

Camera:
    • picture distorted --> fixed (CM13 >= 20161003; CM14.x >= 20161113)
    • starting the camera sometimes takes a long time --> fixed (>= 20161226 *)
    • the camera sometimes stops working (can't connect to the camera); e.g. using the flash may kill the camera --> fixed (>= 20161226 *)
    • recording does not work --> fixed (>= 20161226 *)
    • video playback distorted (during WhatsApp call)

* The Dec. 26 build reverts the camera app to "camera2" which re-enables using the flash and taking videos. Note that the Google Camera app (GoogleCamera) is buggy, see e.g. this bug report.

Sensors:
    • fingerprint sensor not working --> fixed (>= 20161127)
    • other sensors not working --> fixed (>= 20161204)

Various:
    • SD card not working on CM14.1 --> fixed (>= 20161211)
    • vibrator intensity cannot be adjusted --> fixed (>= 20161130)
    • SElinux not enforcing --> fixed (>= 20161213)
    • LiveDisplay not working on CM14 --> fixed (>= 20161226)
    • offline charging gets stuck (battery must be removed to reboot) --> fixed (>= 20170101)
    • advanced restart options (e.g. reboot to recovery) don't always work
    • trying to open Call barring settings crashes com.android.phone and causes the phone to reboot

Acknowledgement

Many thanks to @sktjdgns1189, @xamio and @cvxda for creating and improving these ROMs!!!
    Sorry Guys,
    I have very busy days by university.
    After the exam, I'll fix some bugs and build new ROM.
    Thanks. :)
    New build is uploaded and server is working now.
    Thanks.
    Build Fail.
    I'll try fixing build error.
    And guys, this is just my hobby.