FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Max voltages for Snapdragon 801?

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By Exzu, Member on 12th May 2018, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I currently own two KLTE devices, along with other Snapdragon 801 devices running the MSM8974Pro AC and AB version
My plan for these are to try to OC them as far as possible from what voltage allows and actively cool the entire chip using a custom CNC'd heatsink or even waterblock. This entire project is just for shits and giggles and something todo in my spare time.

I assume there must be a spec sheet somewhere holding all this information that lists the maximum safe voltage for the chip before it dies. (Similar to what AMD and Intel releases with their processors)

So if you've got any valuable intel/documents, please share

13th May 2018, 07:22 AM |#2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 362

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exzu

I currently own two KLTE devices, along with other Snapdragon 801 devices running the MSM8974Pro AC and AB version
My plan for these are to try to OC them as far as possible from what voltage allows and actively cool the entire chip using a custom CNC'd heatsink or even waterblock. This entire project is just for shits and giggles and something todo in my spare time.

I assume there must be a spec sheet somewhere holding all this information that lists the maximum safe voltage for the chip before it dies. (Similar to what AMD and Intel releases with their processors)

So if you've got any valuable intel/documents, please share

I can't say for voltage but the maximum clock speed which is stable (phone doesn't crash) is 2611 MHz. That's without any undervolt or overvolt, using Boeffla Kernel on stock ROM. Never tried a Custom Voltage profile though as this is my only phone
The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift koragg97 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread