FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] To port IMS Manager to KLTE

538 posts
Thanks Meter: 269

By kvsjxd, Senior Member on 5th February 2017, 11:01 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I want to port/build IMS Manager for getting VoLTE feature on klte (LineageOS 14.1) but there is no guide on XDA, YouTube or even on google search... There are even VoLTE patches for Mi, Moto and Yu devices. Please help me to build it as I don't even know where to start after getting sources... Thanks in advance! 😃

Update:

Found VoLTE rom for S5 (snapdragon variants) https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...stock-t3505699
The Following User Says Thank You to kvsjxd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kvsjxd Ad-Free

22nd March 2017, 07:01 AM |#2  
Flag Fallon, NV
Thanks Meter: 1,201

Donate to Me
More
So you are aware IMS manager is that, a Manager, it doesn't effect your IMS functionality. Furthermore, LineageOS doesn't currently have native VoLTE functionality afaik. IMS manager is a samsung app for the samsung system, you'd better bug the Lineage Dev's for a tool for manipulating the IMS settings in LineageOS and more so bug them to implement VoLTE, however this comes at a risk as it can interfere with 911 Functionality and as such could pose libaility they wish to not deal with
12th April 2017, 04:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Pls help him, I need VoLTE, too :P
28th April 2017, 06:41 PM |#4  
Flag Mayiladuthurai
Thanks Meter: 66

More
If you need another similar to stock android 32 bit chip set ROM with ims manager, I could suggest you download wind7 ls 5016 firmware(snapdragon 210 with marshmallow). It might help you. Please try.
30th April 2017, 11:30 AM |#5  
Flag Mayiladuthurai
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsjxd

I want to port/build IMS Manager for getting VoLTE feature on klte (LineageOS 14.1) but there is no guide on XDA, YouTube or even on google search... There are even VoLTE patches for Mi, Moto and Yu devices. Please help me to build it as I don't even know where to start after getting sources... Thanks in advance!

Bro you saw my above comment?
27th May 2017, 09:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Have you made any progress on this? I've had a look at this in latest lineageos and on Galaxy s6. Though I think the basic idea is the same. The ImsManager is part of lineageos Rom. Though it needs a ims service. If that is not available even if you enable volte or WiFi calling over build.properties it will not work.

So to my (limited) knowledge, the first thing one would have to do is provide an implementation of that service. I think in Stock Galaxy s6 that is provided in imsservice.apk that comes in /system/priv-apps. I've attached the version of stock s6. Though I'm unable to use that since it's signature is not accepted and I'm neither able to decompile nor to resign /zipalign the package.

Any ideas? Or is this an all wrong way I'm following?

Br
Johannes
Attached Files
File Type: apk imsservice.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.73 MB, 418 views)
28th May 2017, 08:28 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgler

Have you made any progress on this? I've had a look at this in latest lineageos and on Galaxy s6. Though I think the basic idea is the same. The ImsManager is part of lineageos Rom. Though it needs a ims service. If that is not available even if you enable volte or WiFi calling over build.properties it will not work.

So to my (limited) knowledge, the first thing one would have to do is provide an implementation of that service. I think in Stock Galaxy s6 that is provided in imsservice.apk that comes in /system/priv-apps. I've attached the version of stock s6. Though I'm unable to use that since it's signature is not accepted and I'm neither able to decompile nor to resign /zipalign the package.

Any ideas? Or is this an all wrong way I'm following?

Br
Johannes

Some more ideas I've tested are described over there :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...5/post72465060
12th July 2017, 12:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Found VoLTE rom for S5 (snapdragon variants) https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...stock-t3505699
12th July 2017, 09:03 PM |#9  
Flag Sagamihara\Tōkyō
Thanks Meter: 350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsjxd

Explain please.
13th July 2017, 06:02 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 西村大一

Explain please.

I didn't had to port IMS Manager to lineageos or any rom. And instead I tested the above specified rom, it's for SM-G900F but I flashed it on SM-G900W8 and SM-G900T. After flashing and booting up for the first time, I got VoLTE running on both devices without even changing a setting. Keep in mind that the rom have 3 bugs, SystemUI crashes when you get a notification from WhatsApp, You cannot disable the lockscreen, If you change lockscreen from swipe to something else and lock the screen, you won't be able to unlock the device. Then you'll need to factory reset/flash the rom again or have to manually remove lock using TWRP. I am switching to a different operator next week, I am tired of the battle for VoLTE. Hope it helps.
25th April 2018, 10:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
@TheMadScientist Please close this thread.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread