Galaxy S5 NEO SM-G903F user thread.

Search This thread

mkmossop

Jun 16, 2013
Hoping someone can help me out with this.

The little black bar at the top of the screen (which shows battery %, wifi signal, music, etc.) went missing on my homescreen. No idea what happened. It shows up when I have an app open (see screenshot), but is missing on my homescreen.

How can I get this back?

Yut4odc.png

czHvGKM.png

Last edited:

fracarol

Feb 5, 2016
Hoping someone can help me out with this.

The little black bar at the top of the screen (which shows battery %, wifi signal, music, etc.) went missing on my homescreen. No idea what happened. It shows up when I have an app open (see screenshot), but is missing on my homescreen.

How can I get this back?

I think the only reason could be that your custom launcher hides it.. in Nova launcher there is the option to hide the status bar so try to give a look to it. If it's not because of the launcher I don't really know what it could be

mkmossop

Jun 16, 2013
Yes it was the setting in Nova Launcher. Didn't think to look there. No idea how it got turned off.

Thanks!!

mkmossop

Jun 16, 2013
Could someone help me out again please? My lock screen is stuck saying "Messages" and "New message" rather than the name of the person texting and their message. I have no idea how this happened and can't find the settings to change it back.

i6uo2Je.png

Last edited:
Could someone help me out again please? My lock screen is stuck saying "Messages" and "New message" rather than the name of the person texting and their message. I have no idea how this happened and can't find the settings to change it back.

Close hide notification text or something like that. Look in notification settings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All!

I didn't see any thread yet for this phone, the Samsung Galaxy s5 NEO (SM-G903F).

Here you can share your experience and tips and tricks.
    Unfortunately I didn't see any root for this phone, as well the custom roms aren't there.

So if you have a trick to root it, let it know in this topic!

I have this phone since last Saturday, till now I'm happy with the phone. I installed nova laucher on it, because it works better.
    Can't wait to install a custom rom on it, with stock android.
    We need custom roms!
    you're lucky enough to have samsung sources

Download them here: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=SM-G903F
    Force Selinux Permissive in kernel
    Compile kernel
    Use this tool to repack your stock boot.img with compiled kernel: https://github.com/xiaolu/mkbootimg_tools
    You're done to use SuperSU

No other way than a custom kernel for all 5.1.1 devices
    So guys, i think i'm on a good way, i have successfully set up a build enviroment, downloaded CM Sourcecode and was able to pull build.prop via adb. Next step is to dump the boot.img and edit the boardconfig file.
    I'll give you another update when i'm a few steps further. :D
    Could get a bit difficult since porting CWM to a new device can be a s***load of work ^^
    Well, let's hope the best.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk
    Hello, i bought today S5 neo, would like to see root too.. I hope someone is reading our messages and help us.

just read it: Chainfire Releases Root For Android 6.0 Without Modifying /system

S5 NEO get Marshmallow in 1. Q 2016
    just wait and wait and wait and w.............................. ;)