[Guide] [How to] boot SM-G900F ROMs in Korean Galaxy S5: Updating device tree blob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
This project is discontinued. Please do not expect any replays from me in this thread. You may still use the attached files (if available) in your own risk. Thank you...

Most of the klte (SM-G900F) custom ROMs and Kernels are not suitable to Korean variants kltektt – kltelgt - klteskt (SM-G900K/L/S: called kltexxx from here onward) by default due to the significantly different device tree blob (dtb). We, a Facebook group of Korean galaxy S5 users, already made many klte ROMs and Kernels suitable to kltexxx by editing the boot.img according to my previous post. I am now posting a one step method via recovery flashing a simple zip file to update the dtb, which will virtually make any klte ROM/Kernel suitable to kltexxx. The original Kernel and Ramdisk will be retained after flashing this file.

/* Warning */
I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your mobile is on your own risk.
This method is only tested in kltexxx.
Please note that rooting and flashing custom recoveries/ROMs will void your warranty.

/* Requirements */
Rooted SM-G900S/K/L with a working custom recovery (TWRP for the klte variant is recommended. Please note that a recovery image of klte variant is necessary for flashing any custom ROMs originally developed for that model).
The device bootloader and modem should be compatible with the new ROM/Kernel.

/* Download */
Korean galaxy S5 dtb updater

/* How to */
1. Flash klte ROM/Kernel
2. Flash GAPPS (if needed)
3. Flash the above downloaded dtb updater
4. Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
5. Reboot and enjoy

/* Tested ROMs and Kernels */
List of tested ROMs and Kernels are available in the second post.

/* Acknowledgements */
osm0sis and Lord Boeffla
Our Korean Galaxy S5 Facebook group members
Team Win Recovery Project
Many other XDA developers

Attachments

• kltexxx-dtb.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:
Reactions: MinL and thaidroid

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Absolutely Brilliant Flashed haggerts latest build 1022, with open gaps pico and your zip at the end .
CM14
Gapps
dtb.zip
install zip
Wipe dalvik/Cache
Reboot
Works perfectly.......Thank you very much.
Hmm, there are a few issues, with sound but unfortunately I dont have time to test them right now. Anyhow the Rom boots fine and it's looking very promising(and it's an Alpha ROM so no blame in any direction).
A superb zip that brings us into the flashing field:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Continued testing haggert CM14
Problems encountered and fixed at install.
Adaway and Busybox will not install, anyone having this problem(on any model I suspect) can fix this by using Linux Mode Changer and set to permissive(set back to enforcing after installif you wish. Can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2524485
Skype test call and phone works with speakers enabled. Skype has very low mic recording sound this can be fixed by installing fix from here(I used 11.7).
http://xdaforums.com/gala...se-s5-t3190613
Problem with sound that I think only relates to this model and maybe the dtb.zip, there is no sound in earpiece unless you enable speakers also there is no media sound in speakers for instance youtube videos have no sound. I have attached three syslogs
1. skype testcall speakers off
2.skype testcall speakers on
3. skype testcall speakers on and soundfix installed.
syslog can be retrieved from here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69276042&postcount=377

Last edited:

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Downloaded and installed CrDroid CM14 also built on 1022, Exactly the same Audio issue. The question is- is it an issue with the patch or is it an issue with CM14 on Korean phones?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

sunilpaulmathew,
The roms that you list as tested, did you actually check audio on them or when it says tested it means boots with no obvious problem?

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Thanks @thaidroid for testing the zip file... However, this zip file only ensure booting of klte ROMs on korean variants... and yes... I know about the audio bug... not only in cm, most of the klte ROMs results the same issue while using korean variants although we found fixes for some TW ROMs. Special patches might be needed to solve this issue (but I have no idea abt how to deal).

Edit: As I understand, from our experience to deal with this issue in cm-13.0, this is a kernel issue...

Last edited:
Reactions: thaidroid

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Thanks @thaidroid for testing the zip file... However, this zip file only ensure booting of klte ROMs on korean variants... and yes... I know about the audio bug... not only in cm, most of the klte ROMs results the same issue while using korean variants although we found fixes for some TW ROMs. Special patches might be needed to solve this issue (but I have no idea abt how to deal).

Edit: As I understand, from our experience to deal with this issue in cm-13.0, this is a kernel issue...

Well it cant be far away(he added with absolutely no clue:D:D)since Audio works in the earpiece and speakers when speakers are enabled but then we also need audio to work for other media like browser and Hello Google. On a side note I noticed another thing, when flashing your zip on CM14 klte all of a sudden 2G networks was enabled on the phone and working to I think.

Last edited:

SmileZh

Aug 1, 2016
G900K audio problem, it seems like Headphones are connected. Icon of headphones in bar, sound don't work ((

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Sound is broken in most of the AOSP and cm ROMs... However, fixes are available for some TW roms. For more info, join with us in facebook group.

I don't have a Facebook account and absolutely no plan to get one :D:D so I guess I'll just have to check in now and then to see if there are any updates.
Posting Roms that boot is sort of interesting but I suggest that you update the post on the ROM's with a "telephony works Yes/No"
Probably should say "Audio in earpiece works Yes/NO"

Last edited:

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Audio bug is solved in cm-14.1

I don't have a Facebook account and absolutely no plan to get one :D:D so I guess I'll just have to check in now and then to see if there are any updates.
Posting Roms that boot is sort of interesting but I suggest that you update the post on the ROM's with a "telephony works Yes/No"
Probably should say "Audio in earpiece works Yes/NO"

An important and valuable information... audio bug is solved by one of our member (Lee Xens ) via a new Kernel. Simply flash this after ROM.

Attachments

• zzXensS5_g900kor-cm14-1_any_Stock1-0.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 305
Reactions: thaidroid

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
An important and valuable information... audio bug is solved by one of our member (Lee Xens ) via a new Kernel. Simply flash this after ROM.

KOREAN PHONE VERSIONS IN BUSINESS
I just dirty Flashed Over a very old CM14.1 Backup
Latest klte 11/25
Latest 7.1 arm nano
The new Kernel
Just made a call to a Friend Sound was excellent
Sent myself a text-message that also worked
Wifi is fine
Not had a chance to test anything else.
One more thing, Flashing KLTE on korean version gives you access to 2G, not available on the Samsung MM Rom's for kltkor
Skype test call problem discovered, If you make a testcall using earpiece and phone normally all is fine.
Using speakers enabled they work well for the skype voice but not your own( it seems it comes only through the earpiece and very low at that,
mind you it's a minor issue, maybe something in the new kernel that can fix this?
GPS works from inside the house I get lock on 10 satellites to within 10 Feet accuracy.
Just discovered that rotation is a bit of a hit and miss . Sometimes it does and sometimes not so since this has been reported on 900F devices and I have it here on an 900S device using the F version ROM it is probably safe to say its a ROM issue(I use another Kernel than the one in the F ROM)

Last edited:

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
No.. Since I am busy with some personal things, I can't flash anything for a while other than cm-14.1 and related stuffs. But I strongly believe that it will work with any cm-14.1 based ROMs like crdroid... But not sure abt pure AOSP builds...

crdroid is working I dirtyflashed ove the CM14.1
Rom
Gapps nano
Kernel
The speaker issue on Skype is still there.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

:DROM][7.0.0_r19][OFFICIAL] AospExtended ROM V1.2 [OMS/DUI][kltexx]
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-aospextended-rom-v1-2-t3504753
Also boots and works with the new Kernel AMAZING STUFF:D:D
Seems to be exactly as CM 14.1 (I installed it using the recommended Banks gapps)
Cant get Busybox and adaway installed

Last edited:

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
OnePlus 5T
Realme 7
Official CM 14.1
Just Dirty flashed official 11/30 over 11/25 everything that worked before still works.
Flash Rom
Flash Korea Kernel
Wipe Dalvik/Cache
Re-Boot
Not sure what was fixed seems most changes were for Exynos if you look at the Change log:
https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/klte/
Skype on speaker still has problems.
The Skype testcall voice comes out loud and clear on speaker.
My recorded voice only comes out in the earpiece not at all on the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is discontinued. Please do not expect any replays from me in this thread. You may still use the attached files (if available) in your own risk. Thank you...

Most of the klte (SM-G900F) custom ROMs and Kernels are not suitable to Korean variants kltektt – kltelgt - klteskt (SM-G900K/L/S: called kltexxx from here onward) by default due to the significantly different device tree blob (dtb). We, a Facebook group of Korean galaxy S5 users, already made many klte ROMs and Kernels suitable to kltexxx by editing the boot.img according to my previous post. I am now posting a one step method via recovery flashing a simple zip file to update the dtb, which will virtually make any klte ROM/Kernel suitable to kltexxx. The original Kernel and Ramdisk will be retained after flashing this file.

/* Warning */
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your mobile is on your own risk.
    This method is only tested in kltexxx.
    Please note that rooting and flashing custom recoveries/ROMs will void your warranty.

/* Requirements */
    Rooted SM-G900S/K/L with a working custom recovery (TWRP for the klte variant is recommended. Please note that a recovery image of klte variant is necessary for flashing any custom ROMs originally developed for that model).
    The device bootloader and modem should be compatible with the new ROM/Kernel.

/* Download */
    Korean galaxy S5 dtb updater

/* How to */
    1. Flash klte ROM/Kernel
    2. Flash GAPPS (if needed)
    3. Flash the above downloaded dtb updater
    4. Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    5. Reboot and enjoy

/* Tested ROMs and Kernels */
    List of tested ROMs and Kernels are available in the second post.

/* Acknowledgements */
    osm0sis and Lord Boeffla
    Our Korean Galaxy S5 Facebook group members
    Team Win Recovery Project
    Many other XDA developers
    Absolutely Brilliant Flashed haggerts latest build 1022, with open gaps pico and your zip at the end .
    CM14
    Gapps
    dtb.zip
    install zip
    Wipe dalvik/Cache
    Reboot
    Works perfectly.......Thank you very much.
    Hmm, there are a few issues, with sound but unfortunately I dont have time to test them right now. Anyhow the Rom boots fine and it's looking very promising(and it's an Alpha ROM so no blame in any direction).
    A superb zip that brings us into the flashing field:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NEWS

Recently,just installed resurrection remix 5.7.4 on my SM-G900S and it works perfectly fine