FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][G900F] UPDATE TO G900FXXU1ANG2 + ROOT + KNOX 0x0

588 posts
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Post Reply Email Thread
After several hours of research, fails, and a lot of hard work, I've found a way to upgrade your Galaxy S5 (G900F ONLY!) to the newest firmware (G900FXXU1ANG2), keeping root and knox counter on 0x0. And I decided to share it with you guys!
I tried this method with my device and worked flawlessly.


-If you already updated your firmware to ANG2 and didn't get root, you can downgrade to ANE2 (WON'T TRIP KNOX), root, and then follow this method. UPDATE: Or you can do it in a much easier way with THIS AWESOME AND EASIER METHOD (Post & Method by my friend @wajiman)

Notes:

-Make sure you have your S5 already rooted. (You can make this with Towelroot: https://towelroot.com/, this method will keep Knox 0x0) (Thanks @geohot for towelroot)
-Make sure of having at least 70% battery for security issues.
-Make sure you have BUSYBOX installed.
-Make sure KNOX is DISABLED.
-Make sure of having USB DEBUGGING ENABLED on developer options.
-Disable reactivation lock if it's switched on.
-I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE/BRICK ON YOUR DEVICE, THIS STEPS ARE 100% CORRECT, BUT IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG IT'S YOUR FAULT.



1. First you need to download the firmware. http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=32652

2. Extract the md5 file and copy it to your EXTERNAL SDCARD.

3. Flash it with MOBILE ODIN PRO. (YOU NEED THE PRO VERSION OR YOU WON'T KEEP ROOT)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odin.pro&hl=es


-Make sure you select the file in "Open File"
-Make sure you select the "Reboot into download mode after flashing" (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!)
-DO NOT select the Wipe Dalvik Cache Option. (As some users are reporting that probably Mobile ODIN Pro has a bug on flashing boots straightly into download mode instead of flashing, didn't happen to me though)
-Make sure you have the "Everroot" option ticked (FOR KEEPING ROOT)

4. After flash, you should now be on Download Mode, connect your device to your PC and on Odin, flash this 2 files:

Bootloader ANG2: BL_G900FXXU1ANG2.tar.md5 https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdiu7rc3tb...U1ANG2.tar.md5

Modem ANG2: CP_G900FXXU1ANG2.tar.md5 https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl3gh2ppvi...U1ANG2.tar.md5

-On odin place the bootlaoder on BL and modem on CP.
-Make sure Re-partition is NOT TICKED.
-Make sure Auto Reboot is NOT TICKED.
-Make sure F. Reset Time IS TICKED.

5. After Odin finishes flashing, disconnect your device and BOOT INTO RECOVERY. (Home+Vol Up+Power)

6. On recovery, wait until it finishes applying the csc files.

7. Reboot.

That's it. Any question on the comments. If I can answer it, I WILL.
Please press that THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPS!
You can also "buy me a beer" if you really want to, I'm currently unemployed so you would seriously help me out... "DONATE TO ME" button is on the left under my username,
"You probably paid $500US for your phone, think in the value that's added with root and this method."
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to aguarello For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aguarello Ad-Free
 
 
2nd August 2014, 05:11 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 455
 
Donate to Me
More
You forgot to mention to disable reactivation lock if it's switched on or else Mobile Odin gets stucked in 2nd recovery AFAIK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wajiman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wajiman Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 05:46 AM |#3  
aguarello's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Whoops!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajiman

You forgot to mention to disable reactivation lock if it's switched on or else Mobile Odin gets stucked in 2nd recovery AFAIK

You're right! Sorry my bad, it's my first post...
Already edited.
The Following User Says Thank You to aguarello For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aguarello Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 06:00 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 455
 
Donate to Me
More
hmm, strange, for me it first booted into download mode and i dont think it flashed the firmware at all. now it keeps on booting into download mode

EDIT:

@aguarello i repeated these steps 3 times already, i think there is a step which is missing because it keeps on booting into download mode no matter what i do.j



Found the issue:

i think its a bug in mobile odin. if you have selected "Wipe Dalvik Cache." the phone straight away boots into download mode without flashing the firmware and stays there forever unless you flash with PC ODIN

Finally succeeded
2nd August 2014, 06:28 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag vizag
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
can i flash this on g900f hong kong tgy with instruction u told ?
2nd August 2014, 08:02 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 455
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by navinash.avi

can i flash this on g900f hong kong tgy with instruction u told ?

it can be flashed on any g900F
2nd August 2014, 08:07 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Worked painlessly.... Your a genius!
2nd August 2014, 08:47 AM |#8  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 4,171
 
More
Why do we have to flash the bootloader and modem twice? Isn`t flashing the rom with Mobile Odin Pro with a data factory reset and wipe the caches enough? I downgraded from NG2 to NE2 yesterday with Odin and a flash and a data factory reset was enough, also for the modem and bootloader. Unlike custom roms where only the build (system) and kernel are flashed official firmware flash the whole package.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gee2012 Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 01:07 PM |#9  
*elmo*'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sesame Street
Thanks Meter: 481
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Why do we have to flash the bootloader and modem twice? Isn`t flashing the rom with Mobile Odin Pro with a data factory reset and wipe the caches enough? I downgraded from NG2 to NE2 yesterday with Odin and a flash and a data factory reset was enough, also for the modem and bootloader. Unlike custom roms where only the build (system) and kernel are flashed official firmware flash the whole package.

I cannot activate usb debugging so if you are right I can skip to flash the bootloader and modem. This is only reason why till now I didn't follow this guide....
2nd August 2014, 03:23 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
@aquarello
Very big thanks to you. Works fine for me. Now I have a rooted NG2 with KNOX 0x0.
2nd August 2014, 03:26 PM |#11  
aguarello's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 266
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajiman

hmm, strange, for me it first booted into download mode and i dont think it flashed the firmware at all. now it keeps on booting into download mode

EDIT:

@aguarello i repeated these steps 3 times already, i think there is a step which is missing because it keeps on booting into download mode no matter what i do.j



Found the issue:

i think its a bug in mobile odin. if you have selected "Wipe Dalvik Cache." the phone straight away boots into download mode without flashing the firmware and stays there forever unless you flash with PC ODIN

Finally succeeded

Glad that you solve your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinash.avi

can i flash this on g900f hong kong tgy with instruction u told ?

Yes, as long is a G900F, you can flash this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Why do we have to flash the bootloader and modem twice? Isn`t flashing the rom with Mobile Odin Pro with a data factory reset and wipe the caches enough? I downgraded from NG2 to NE2 yesterday with Odin and a flash and a data factory reset was enough, also for the modem and bootloader. Unlike custom roms where only the build (system) and kernel are flashed official firmware flash the whole package.

When in KitKat, and you don't flash this files seperately, the phone gets stuck in a bootloop (there's even a warning of this when you first open Odin Mobile), I've tried several times to do it without flashing seperately but as I told you, the phone gets stuck.
Flashing this files on the PC is not a big deal though, only 5 minutes and the files are very small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *elmo*

I cannot activate usb debugging so if you are right I can skip to flash the bootloader and modem. This is only reason why till now I didn't follow this guide....

Why can't you activate USB debugging? As I said, the phone will MOST PROBABLY stuck in a bootloop.
The Following User Says Thank You to aguarello For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aguarello Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g900f, g900fxxu1ang2, galaxy s5, knox 0x0, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes