- Several under the hood changes for better performance and stability.
Devices today come with high resolution and DPI settings. Sometimes a user may want to customize the settings for several reasons like:
1. To fit more content on the screen.
2. Increase phone (gaming) performance.
3. Increase battery life.
Good news! You can use this tool to change resolution and DPI on your phone WITHOUT ROOTING your phone.
Important: Changing resolution and DPI settings can make certain apps unusable. We have provided an option to reset your resolution and DPI settings in the tool.
The tool was initially designed for Samsung S5, but it could work on other devices. We tested it on 3 different Android devices, and it worked with no issues so far. Please give feedback on the devices you use it on so we can polish up the tool as necessary.
- Download the Resolution and DPI Set Tool (link provided below)
- Locate the folder where ADB (platform-tools) is installed
- Extract the Tool in the same folder where adb.exe is installed
- Run the Tool
- This is my first post on XDA. I hope I have not violated any forum rules. Please comment and help me out if I have.
- This tool is free to use, at your own risk. Please do not re-upload it or redistribute it anywhere else. You may share the link to this post instead.
- Please give feedback
DOWNLOAD TOOL HERE Ver 2.0.1 (Latest)
Download Ver 1.1 HERE
- Rebuilt tool from scratch in C++
- Custom Resolution Settings (for various Aspect Ratios)
- Support for custom DPI values added
- ADB Check added
- More resolution presets added
- Reset/Restore settings option added