FORUMS

Kill com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 47
 
By kgyirhj, Senior Member on 10th July 2014, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can I kill this service and it's startup?
Intelligence Service
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

What does it really do?
The Following User Says Thank You to kgyirhj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgyirhj Ad-Free
10th July 2014, 01:01 PM |#2  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgyirhj

com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

What does it really do?


Well it could be
1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones
2) A training aid for would be Mensa members
3) Some random Samsung service that isn't on my S5

You didn't give us any details or context, so it's difficult to say what the service does. It isn't on my S5 so it's not universal. It may be regional, carrier specific or some Samsung bloatware that doesn't live on my phone anymore.

You can kill the process, which will cause something to quit working. Probably nothing critical but it's hard to be certain when we don't know what it does. If you have xPrivacy, see what permissions it asks for. Otberwise you could just freeze or disable it and see what effect it has on your phone.

If you tell us what firmware version and carrier you use, perhaps someone else who uses the same firmware /carrier will comment.

.
10th July 2014, 02:45 PM |#3  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 4,214
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgyirhj

Can I kill this service and it's startup?
Intelligence Service
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

What does it really do?

It checks the IQ of the user. The phone shuts down below 90. Mine does not boot anymore 😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gee2012 Ad-Free
10th July 2014, 05:23 PM |#4  
kgyirhj's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Well it could be
1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones
2) A training aid for would be Mensa members
3) Some random Samsung service that isn't on my S5

You didn't give us any details or context, so it's difficult to say what the service does. It isn't on my S5 so it's not universal. It may be regional, carrier specific or some Samsung bloatware that doesn't live on my phone anymore.

You can kill the process, which will cause something to quit working. Probably nothing critical but it's hard to be certain when we don't know what it does. If you have xPrivacy, see what permissions it asks for. Otberwise you could just freeze or disable it and see what effect it has on your phone.

If you tell us what firmware version and carrier you use, perhaps someone else who uses the same firmware /carrier will comment.

.

All I know about this service is what I have written here.
It's name is "intelligence service"
and the file is com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice

The reason I started this thread is to get more infomration about what this is as google search does not give much about it.
Phone is SM-G900F


I found some new info using another program to monitor services..

"Receiver
com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice.useranalysis.UserAnalysisBroadcastReceiver handels action android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED with priority 0"

And a second one also named "intelligence service"
"com.samsung.android.intelligenceservice.useranalysis.analyzer.CarAnalyzer handels action android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED with priority 0"
11th July 2014, 02:58 AM |#5  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793
 
More
This service isn't on my phone. And as you said, a cursory Google search doesn't tell us much, so we can't tell you anything about it either. Unless you, or someone else that has it provides more information.

At a guess it's just part of some Samsung bloatware. If you disable it, then the associated bloatware app will stop working. If you want to learn more, then look at xprivacy, a root enabled file browser or perhaps Settings > Applications > App ops and find out what app (apk) the service originates from. Then post the apk or at least provide the app's name and what permissions it asks for.

.
11th July 2014, 01:44 PM |#6  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793
 
More
And the winning entry is..

1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones

I had a few minutes to spare, so I did a proper Google search. The upshot of which is that a lot of people claim that this is a Carrier IQ component. So the service is aptly named. Carrier IQ is a spyware rootkit installed by Verizon, Sprint, etc to capture extensive demographics on what you do with your phone, including keystoke logging. For the carrier to serve you better of course. Or to help the NSA spy on you, depending on who you choose to believe.

Invasive in either scenario, which is why it isn't on my phone.
More reading if you are interested:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-all-evil-ciq/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2266241&page=2
http://goo.gl/td1w4n
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/5233323/2639029999







.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fffft Ad-Free
21st August 2014, 05:11 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

And the winning entry is..

1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones

I had a few minutes to spare, so I did a proper Google search. The upshot of which is that a lot of people claim that this is a Carrier IQ component. So the service is aptly named. Carrier IQ is a spyware rootkit installed by Verizon, Sprint, etc to capture extensive demographics on what you do with your phone, including keystoke logging. For the carrier to serve you better of course. Or to help the NSA spy on you, depending on who you choose to believe.

Invasive in either scenario, which is why it isn't on my phone.
More reading if you are interested:

http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...-all-evil-ciq/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2266241&page=2
http://goo.gl/td1w4n
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/5233323/2639029999







.

Somebody is in a bit of a pickle then.
21st August 2014, 02:12 PM |#8  
adie1234's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
This is also on my handset too
22nd August 2014, 12:44 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
here also.. been reading a bit and found this app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109



and it looks it works for S3:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...55&postcount=4

could it work for S5 also?
23rd October 2014, 06:49 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Well it could be
1) A surveillance monitor for the Carrier IQ package that the NSA has had carriers install on 300 million phones
2) A training aid for would be Mensa members
3) Some random Samsung service that isn't on my S5

You didn't give us any details or context, so it's difficult to say what the service does. It isn't on my S5 so it's not universal. It may be regional, carrier specific or some Samsung bloatware that doesn't live on my phone anymore.

You can kill the process, which will cause something to quit working. Probably nothing critical but it's hard to be certain when we don't know what it does. If you have xPrivacy, see what permissions it asks for. Otberwise you could just freeze or disable it and see what effect it has on your phone.

If you tell us what firmware version and carrier you use, perhaps someone else who uses the same firmware /carrier will comment.

.

I have the the same issue, Intelligence Service just popped up in my sys apps too. AT&T
I have a Samsung S5 A900 4.42 I'm at the end of a trial for Samsung. (You think I'd at least get the update sooner! lol) I don't use xPrivacy.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlgal

I have the the same issue, Intelligence Service just popped up in my sys apps too. AT&T
I have a Samsung S5 A900 4.42 I'm at the end of a trial for Samsung. (You think I'd at least get the update sooner! lol) I don't use xPrivacy.

I think it's the Isis (Softcard) Wallet, pretty sure it is. I just re-enabled it to start using my Serve card.
30th November 2014, 07:37 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag brampton
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Storage Connecting to Mac/PC
hi there,
I had a problem after installing amazing "Blaze Kernel "Onto G900w8 S5 running Xtresolite Rom v 1.5 is that phone is not connecting to Pc or mac through kies or Andriod file transfer which used to connect without any problems. Kids or other softwares just keep on trying with no success. I guess there might be some settings that need to corrected to get connectivity. tried both file or camera transfer modes on S5 but no connections.
One Amazing thing i noticed in performance and battery life with this kernel is that my Antutu benchmark scores went up to 43456 from 40435 and is the maximum reached so far...Simply Amazing..
PLEASE HELP!!!!! with connection problems would be highly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes