which ROM for best battery life?

Search This thread

pmduper

I should add I'm also running the smartpack kernel; don't know how much difference that makes over the stock kernel.

I wanted to run boeffla kernel, but it's not available for the G900P (ktledv).

I would think Smartpack kernal should be an improvement. I may try it too. (Sitting on my SD card)
I also have Magisk flashed with a couple basic modules installed (Navigation Bar and MIUI sounds)

Devilsho

May 15, 2018
Islamabad.
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Am on DotOS oreo rom 2.2 i dont know about mokee but my next rom will be mokee . here my s.shots for whole day usage on dotOS rom on klteduos . using stock kernel .

Attachments

• 1527399030628.jpg
    1527399030628.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 979
  • 1527399057826.jpg
    1527399057826.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 1527399071185.jpg
    1527399071185.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,029
  • 1527399089270.jpg
    1527399089270.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 957

mefairo

Oct 16, 2013
I switched to AOSPX last week, and battery life is much better. RR seems to be a killer for battery.

I also installed Lspeed and enabled aggressive doze. The phone uses hardly any battery at all now when it's sleeping.

thank you for your post...since a year i use RR and LOS but now i tried AOSPX and i cant believe how perfect this rom is...no lags no getting stuck etc..and camera work perfect... video recording is perfect ( its always problem on RR and ) really iam sad that i didnt try it before...

also battery drain is very much less according to RR ...

thank you so much...İ will also give a try to mokee but for now i am happy with aospx.

mefairo

Oct 16, 2013
thank you for your post...since a year i use RR and LOS but now i tried AOSPX and i cant believe how perfect this rom is...no lags no getting stuck etc..and camera work perfect... video recording is perfect ( its always problem on RR and ) really iam sad that i didnt try it before...

also battery drain is very much less according to RR ...

thank you so much...İ will also give a try to mokee but for now i am happy with aospx.

Hi, i changed my mind about the AOSPX rom, its perfect and performance is very good but battery SOT 2 hours was a struggle for me...

yesterday i installed Mokee , also bug free and problemless rom, and SOT is 2:38 and %37 battery....I think Mokee is my king for now :) performance is a little bit less according to AOSPX but it doesnt get stuck or get laggy...

I stricktly recommend you to try mokee rom...

https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=klte

pmduper

Hi, i changed my mind about the AOSPX rom, its perfect and performance is very good but battery SOT 2 hours was a struggle for me...

yesterday i installed Mokee , also bug free and problemless rom, and SOT is 2:38 and %37 battery....I think Mokee is my king for now :) performance is a little bit less according to AOSPX but it doesnt get stuck or get laggy...

I stricktly recommend you to try mokee rom...

https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=klte

Great choice!!

My "go to" rom for Oreo for battery performance. I also flash Magisk so I can delete NFC and FlipFlap.
I'm actually back on Mokee N for a period. Just loving the smoothness, speed and of course battery performance.
Galaxy S5 never looked so good!! :good::good:

mefairo

Oct 16, 2013
Great choice!!

My "go to" rom for Oreo for battery performance. I also flash Magisk so I can delete NFC and FlipFlap.
I'm actually back on Mokee N for a period. Just loving the smoothness, speed and of course battery performance.
Galaxy S5 never looked so good!! :good::good:

Vaowww i am really shocked how good Mokee is :D i had 5H SOT yesterday and i really use my phone very much... and the smootless and performance is really wonderfull... Also camera quality&performance is very good here and got no crash or error...

Mokee is the best for me, also thank you for those who advices Mokee here :)

İ was thinking of changing my phone because of RR builts, but now my phone is back to life :)

mefairo

Oct 16, 2013
I discovered ViperOS which is my new daily. Its a nougat build with amazing battery performance and features. Fast and smooth.
This team got it right!! :good::good:
There are only 2 builds available - klte and klteduos and no ongoing support.

https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=206056

So after a while what do you think? Mokee or viperos? :)

By the way i use 29.05 built of mokee, the new ones were terrible...didnt work normal so i fresh installed 29.05 again and i am still with mokee...

Whats SOT with viperos?

pmduper

By the way i use 29.05 built of mokee, the new ones were terrible...didnt work normal so i fresh installed 29.05 again and i am still with mokee...

Whats SOT with viperos?

No idea what the SOT is with Viper. Never checked it to be honest. Even though I love Mokee N roms I prefer ViperOS. I find it has a better feel, customisation's etc.
You should give it a go see what you think :good:
I'm currently test driving a new RR O rom kltedv, released today however have a backup of Viper on my SD card. So many great choices we have :D

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

the new ones were terrible...didnt work normal

Did you try the new MK81 builds? Were they the builds you never liked?

pmduper

https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=kltedv

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Whats SOT with viperos?

I've just noticed that todays MK81 changelog is quite substantial so I'll flash that one soon to have a look for any obvious changes :)

pmduper

I guess they deleted it...my rom is MK81.0-klte-201805290826-NIGHTLY.zip

i tried the new ones but my phone became terrible...

With this one my sot is 4/4:40h so i am happy with it and wont try another update for now .D

SM-G900I
I just flashed MK81.0-klte-201806120824-NIGHTLY and open_gapps-arm-8.1-pico-20180612.
Setup went well.
Flashed Magisk, deleted NFC and Flipflap.
Using Kernel Adiutor, changed CPU governor to Conservative and enabled Multicore power saving
Adjustments to Privacy guard etc
Haven't seen any smoke yet, could be a good thing :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all why the hell you purchase a S5 a month ago, cz the phone is too old for 2018. battery wise lineage roms are not good as stock roms as per my knowledge, i personally thinks battery wise the best rom is nemsis rom and unique rom here.
    S5 isn't a bad phone for 2018. Pefromance is just like middle range phones, battery life isn't that bad, water resistant, great camera (even mid-end phones can't record at 1080p60 or 4k), great screen, heartrate sensor, fingerprint. The downside is lack of software updates from samsung, but community keeps this phone up to date. Android 6.0.1 isn't that bad anyways. Everything at price of low end phone.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
    This is pretty much normal for rr. If you want better battery life in deep sleep return to stock.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Hello folks.

I purchased an S5 about a month ago, and I've been disappointed w/ the battery life. I need to charge it daily, even though I don't use it much. It loses 20-30% just sitting overnight. I've turned everything off that I don't need, scaled down the CPU and GPU, but I'm still not happy with battery life.

I'm running resurrection remix oreo. Are there better choices when it comes to battery life? Perhaps just a different kernel?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Try Mokee MK81.0. I've tried 8 different Oreo roms and I always return to Mokee. Small in tweaks but better battery performance.
    I flashed klte for my sm-g900i and it works well!
    Hi

Wich kernel do you use with mokee? And what is LSpeed?

I use the stock Mokee kernal and L Speed is brand new to me. I'll need to check it out at the play store...