FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H(exynos) No display, only sound & vibrations...Bricked ?

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By aplombx, Member on 3rd August 2017, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I have SM-G900H(exynos).

1. I was on AJ's S7 rom for SM-G900H(exynos) which was good.

2. But I wanted to change the rom but I wanted a lighter rom so I flashed lighter + v1 by yash92duster, after that my phone shows only blank display. I can
hear booting sound & feel vibration but no display.

3. I can go to recovery & download mode but can't see anything due to black/blank screen aka SCREEN OF DEATH. I have tried all Volume rockers + menu button methods for no good.

4. To solve the issue I flashed Official stock rom lollipop for India (INU) (downloaded from sammobile)....everything is good but blank/black
screen is causing me trouble.

5. I went to Samsung service center & they said your display is gone which will cost me Rs.11500/-($200). I don't want to pay 200$ for screen replacing because I think screen is not problem.

6. When the phone is switched off while charging, the notification red light blinks, during boot up the notification light is blue-green &
only multi-tasking button lightens up but the back button is no light.

** I don't have any backups.

WHAT TO DO NOW ? PLEASE HELP.

4th August 2017, 02:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplombx

Hi, I have SM-G900H(exynos).

1. I was on AJ's S7 rom for SM-G900H(exynos) which was good.

2. But I wanted to change the rom but I wanted a lighter rom so I flashed lighter + v1 by yash92duster, after that my phone shows only blank display. I can
hear booting sound & feel vibration but no display.

3. I can go to recovery & download mode but can't see anything due to black/blank screen aka SCREEN OF DEATH. I have tried all Volume rockers + menu button methods for no good.

4. To solve the issue I flashed Official stock rom lollipop for India (INU) (downloaded from sammobile)....everything is good but blank/black
screen is causing me trouble.

5. I went to Samsung service center & they said your display is gone which will cost me Rs.11500/-($200). I don't want to pay 200$ for screen replacing because I think screen is not problem.

6. When the phone is switched off while charging, the notification red light blinks, during boot up the notification light is blue-green &
only multi-tasking button lightens up but the back button is no light.

** I don't have any backups.

WHAT TO DO NOW ? PLEASE HELP.

If flashing a stock ROM didn't help and the screen never turns on at any point there's a good chance the issue is hardware related. The led has nothing to do with the screen. Otherwise you wound sew an icon at charge. I've had my phone display not work while on a ROM. This is not that issue at all. I could still get into recovery. And the screen came on outside of the ROM.
5th August 2017, 06:55 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godkingofcanada

If flashing a stock ROM didn't help and the screen never turns on at any point there's a good chance the issue is hardware related. The led has nothing to do with the screen. Otherwise you wound sew an icon at charge. I've had my phone display not work while on a ROM. This is not that issue at all. I could still get into recovery. And the screen came on outside of the ROM.

Seems like some loose connection because when i tapped/pressing hard under the heart rate sensors the phone booted normally but when i stopped pressing the back the phone dies again .
The Following User Says Thank You to aplombx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aplombx Ad-Free
5th August 2017, 07:21 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Seems like some loose connection because when i tapped/pressing hard under the heart rate sensors the phone booted normally but when i stopped pressing the back the phone dies again .

Yes, there are reported cases of a loose connection behind the screen. But its not an easy fix, you can destroy the screen
The Following User Says Thank You to godkingofcanada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift godkingofcanada Ad-Free
5th August 2017, 07:27 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godkingofcanada

Yes, there are reported cases of a loose connection behind the screen. But its not an easy fix, you can destroy the screen

Thanks godkingofcanada

Then what i am supposed to do now ? i went to samsung service center and they said i have to replace the display . i know that my display is fine.
5th August 2017, 10:31 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Thanks godkingofcanada

Then what i am supposed to do now ? i went to samsung service center and they said i have to replace the display . i know that my display is fine.

Go to a not Samsung phone repair shop and tell them a cable at the back is loose and only works when you push on the screen. They can fix it. Or you can do it yourself but you need to really research it first. And remember its better to be overly cautious as opposed to eager.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, no display, only sound & vibrations, samsung galaxy s5 sm-g900h(exynos)

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)