FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SM - G901F Rooted at last ! CWM Recovery in English ! BUT Aroma not supported

1,110 posts
Thanks Meter: 316
 
By fgth90, Senior Member on 19th September 2014, 11:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

Root for G901F is fine now.

All credits to @Chainfire

Tuto's here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683

File to download is here http://download.chainfire.eu/481/CF-...xx-smg901f.zip

Be informed that Knox will be affected to 0x1 by rooting.


Edit 2014/12/01:

Added CWM Recovery in English working for G901F.
Thanks to @Chenglu for making this possible.

Bugs in CWM:

Aroma interface not working (...Aroma doesn't support MSM OVERLAY display mode, g901f kernel only use MSM OVERLAY...) Pb See here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=26

Everything else is working.




Best regards
Franky
Attached Files
File Type: tar g901f-cwm-recovery-6.0.5.1(1130).tar - [Click for QR Code] (12.47 MB, 26524 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fgth90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fgth90 Ad-Free
 
 
20th September 2014, 12:48 PM |#2  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Ok found my pb by odin and "flash" ROM.

But my S5 is still not rooted.

Did not find anything about this for my model SM-G901F.

Still searching.

Best regards
Franky
20th September 2014, 10:34 PM |#3  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 4,152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgth90

Ok found my pb by odin and "flash" ROM.

But my S5 is still not rooted.

Did not find anything about this for my model SM-G901F.

Still searching.

Best regards
Franky

Download and flash a G901F rom from Sammobile/firmwares/ with Odin. First pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, boot into downloadmode and connect to the pc and flash the rom with Odin and data factory reset afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gee2012 Ad-Free
21st September 2014, 12:15 AM |#4  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Download and flash a G901F rom from Sammobile/firmwares/ with Odin. First pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, boot into downloadmode and connect to the pc and flash the rom with Odin and data factory reset afterwards.

Yep, that's what I did.

It seems that cf auto root is nearly ready for my G901, hope it'll come soon.

Thanks for responding
Franky
21st September 2014, 08:36 PM |#5  
maz38's Avatar
Member
Flag PARIS-GRENOBLE
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
hi
I sent g901f recovery to Chainfire to make CFAR.
For now it's not working, probably because this phone is the first with s805.
Chainfire is working on it, maybe he will find some path to root it.
just wait and be patient

alex
The Following User Says Thank You to maz38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maz38 Ad-Free
22nd September 2014, 03:08 PM |#6  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maz38

hi
I sent g901f recovery to Chainfire to make CFAR.
For now it's not working, probably because this phone is the first with s805.
Chainfire is working on it, maybe he will find some path to root it.
just wait and be patient

alex

Yep, I saw that on original thread.

Think I'm not the only one who wants to root this one!

Hope it will come soon, can't wait!

Best regards
Franky
23rd September 2014, 05:12 PM |#7  
glimpsofreality's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgth90

Yep, that's what I did.

It seems that cf auto root is nearly ready for my G901, hope it'll come soon.

Thanks for responding
Franky

I seen the following link, haven't tested it yet though

http://androidxda.com/root-samsung-g...5-lte-sm-g901f
The Following User Says Thank You to glimpsofreality For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glimpsofreality Ad-Free
23rd September 2014, 05:25 PM |#8  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimpsofreality

I seen the following link, haven't tested it yet though

http://androidxda.com/root-samsung-g...5-lte-sm-g901f

Yep, saw it so.

I allready test it and it fails.

But same problem or same file than chainfire's one.

Chainfire is actually looking for it.

Thanks for giving information
Franky
23rd September 2014, 07:32 PM |#9  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
I think @Chainfire done it.

See 1rst post for file.

Best regards
Franky
23rd September 2014, 11:15 PM |#10  
LanceAmr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgth90

Hello,

EDIT: root is fine now.

All credits to @Chainfire

Tuto's here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1980683

You tested it and working ? I got unsupport devtype sadly.

Sent from my SM-G901F using XDA Free mobile app
23rd September 2014, 11:32 PM |#11  
fgth90's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Belfort, France
Thanks Meter: 316
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceAmr

You tested it and working ? I got unsupport devtype sadly.

Sent from my SM-G901F using XDA Free mobile app

What's your firmware version?

CFAR works for

G901FXXU1ANH6_G901FBOG1ANH4_G901FXXU1ANH6 firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes