FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(SM-G903F S5 Neo) Some general questions after upgrading from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By HighFidelity2k, Member on 3rd July 2016, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I had some problems with my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, then finally there was Marshmallow 6.0.1 released and since then it's really running smoother (because a lot of people had problems with APA2 Lollipop Version). Now its base band G903FXXU1BPD3 and I also recognized much better battery life (no more high "android system" battery use).
On Lollipop i rooted my device with cf-autoroot and installed team win recovery to backup the system.. got it to work after a while. KNOX is 0x1 but no problem and OTA update was not working but i'm glad i could update to MM with SmartSwith PC Software.
I'm also waiting for Chainfires g903F -6.0.1- root file then I try again.. need it mainly for Apps2SD app to link big data to my 128gb sandisk microsd. By the way, is it o.k. to first install TWRP again to backup the system data, and after that root and TWRP will stay?

Now the remaining problems:
- Device Lag on Lollipop (had to reboot every morning to clear RAM): hope its better with 6.0.1 now.
- Sound issues: 1-2 apps stutter when bluetooth headset or bluetooth sound box is connected; without bluetooth it's working fine. Already tried to clear data/cache for system sound apps like AdaptSound, SoundAlive and also BluetoothService etc. ... by the way my stock music app is lost, can i reinstall it after rooting again with a .apk file ?
- I have CM Locker installed and now, on MM, I don't know which app data/cache i have to clear to reset the standard lockscreen which always starts after reboot (swipe) shortly before CM locker shows up.
- Is it safe to clear data of Google App or will my connected accounts, apps etc. be removed ?

I don't want a factory reset because i've got too much apps to configure again, maybe clearing dalvik-cache on MM after rooting will solve some things...

Thanks for answers..

3rd July 2016, 07:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
You can already root your phone you must flash the cf auto root for g-903m. It also works for 903f. Look at the g-903f marshmallow theard. And after you flash cf auto root you have to flash twrp again because cf auto root deletes twrp
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)