FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Touchwiz Nougat VS. Lineage OS?

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I need your best advise and/or suggestions. I've been a fan of custom ROMs and switching from Touchwiz Nougat (e.g. Nemesis Reborn) to Lineage OS to stock G900F firmware seems to be what I always do (am I the only one who does this?). I am undecided as to which software should I use as my daily driver. These ROMs are great and have their own pros and cons, but I've been annoyed of the fact that I keep switching ROMs which is somehow a waste of time and could even mess up my device in the future.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamcharlesjay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamcharlesjay Ad-Free
 
 
29th March 2017, 08:46 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Touchwiz: The ultimate deciding factor for me is the stock S5 camera app. If you can find similar camera app on the Google Play Store that gives almost the same results let me know.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PabloVicenteWroar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PabloVicenteWroar Ad-Free
29th March 2017, 08:54 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag San Cristóbal
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloVicenteWroar

Touchwiz: The ultimate deciding factor for me is the stock S5 camera app. If you can find similar camera app on the Google Play Store that gives almost the same results let me know.

Have u tried footej camera?
29th March 2017, 10:19 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Rampur U.P
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
What about VOLTE? (No support for non touchwiz)
Native 3g (gsm)native vedio call without internet?( No support for non touchwiz)

S view?
29th March 2017, 07:39 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrilabr

Have u tried footej camera?

Footej Camera has a great user interface but the quality of the photo it produces is not that good; noise, grain, blur -- those stuff. Also, it has no real FAST auto-focus. Essentialy, it just focuses continuously, but it does not really detect objects whether they are near or far. If it ever focuses into something, it's not that accurate, it's blurred.

The stock S5 camera app is not perfect, it does not have manual settings, but among all the camera apps for the S5, it is the best. That's why I'm sticking with a Touchwiz-based ROM.
liammendes
3rd April 2017, 09:56 PM |#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcharlesjay

I need your best advise and/or suggestions. I've been a fan of custom ROMs and switching from Touchwiz Nougat (e.g. Nemesis Reborn) to Lineage OS to stock G900F firmware seems to be what I always do (am I the only one who does this?). I am undecided as to which software should I use as my daily driver. These ROMs are great and have their own pros and cons, but I've been annoyed of the fact that I keep switching ROMs which is somehow a waste of time and could even mess up my device in the future.

I don't have G900F(I have G901F) but

Why choose,
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xy-s5-t3580980
Your welcome,
Thank me later.....

This allows you to have 2 rooms on one phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 12:03 AM |#7  
namthienvo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
hard decision. Stock touchwiz for better gaming performance and better camera (especially during low light and focus). Lineage os if you want a smooth ui experience and nougat features...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to namthienvo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift namthienvo Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 11:02 AM |#8  
iamcharlesjay's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namthienvo

hard decision. Stock touchwiz for better gaming performance and better camera (especially during low light and focus). Lineage os if you want a smooth ui experience and nougat features...

Exactly! 😂😂😂
4th April 2017, 11:47 AM |#9  
Dragonfail's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Touchwiz. Working smooth
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfail For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dragonfail Ad-Free
4th April 2017, 12:07 PM |#10  
Fil in XDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
I personally use an AOSP ROM (RR 5.8.2) for my Galaxy S5 (klte). I don't use the camera too often. Plus, the camera quality isn't as bad compared to stock ROM. As for gaming, I don't​ play games anymore on my phone since the top grossing Android games would force you to spend money to progress (usually) which isn't good. I just want my phone to look like how I want and experience smooth Android experience. But your mileage may vary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fil in XDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fil in XDA Ad-Free
5th April 2017, 05:51 AM |#11  
RipCityBassWorks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Lineage Based:
-Better performance
-Touchwiz lacks the customization options I want
-Touchwiz feels bloated to me even with the debloated Note 7 or A7 firmware
-Latest version of Android
-The features in Touchwiz aren't very practical (I set up the edge panels and then proceeded to never use them, AOD drains the battery)
-Can have better battery life depending on which ROM / Kernel are used
-I have been happy with the quality from Open Camera
-The Lineage stock apps (other than file manager) are awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to RipCityBassWorks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RipCityBassWorks Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes