I am proud to present you my latest work.
PhoeniX Reborn Kernel for Galaxy S5 G900F.
Users Pay Attention!
This kernel was built for:
- Galaxy S5 G900F
- Touchwiz 6.0.1
Do not use it on other devices because it might brick your device!
I take no responsibility for any damaged that might have been caused by using this kernel.
PhoeniX Kernel was officialy introduced in PhoeniX ROM for Galaxy Note II.
Since then, PhoeniX Kernel was implemented in all PhoenIX ROMs.
So.. why do you release a new kernel? What is the difference between PhoeniX Kernel to PhoeniX Reborn kernel?
Well, there are many changes between linux 3.4.113 to the modified 3.4.0. I believe some user want stock experience as Samsung intended to.
So PhoeniX Reborn kernel is actually a stock base kernel with some tweaks and features.
PhoeniX Kernel V1 features:
- Built from Samsung Marshmallow Kernel Source Update XXS1CPK1 for G900F
- Built with Google's arm-androideabi-4.9 compiler
- Linux 3.4.0
- SELinux set to permissive in source code
- ExFat Support
- Samsung MM Official XXS1CPK1 Ramdisk
- init.d support
- Added Improved Fast Charge Support - Huge thanks to Faux123! You can control it via Trickster Mod app
- Fixed SELinux Memory Leak
- Enabled NTFS support- thank you andip71
- Enable USB OTG Ethernet support - thank you andip71
- Added Faux Sound Control - thanks to faux123 & ktoonsez
- Kernel Compression: LZO
- Increased entropy levels (both read and write)
- Disable restrict ROOT
- Double min-max Read Ahead
- disable crc to improve performance [andip71]
- No more "Kernel is not SEANDROID" warning at boot - huge thanks to kykint
- Added Network Speed Tweak
- Added frandom
- SELinux: revert Samsung hard enforcing
- Enabled Screen wake and sleep functions - special thanks to andip71 and ktoonsez
- Added Color control to adjust RGB color space + inverted mode - special thanks to andip71
- TCP Congestion changed to Westwood
- Added some kernel tweaks
- This kernel was built to match PhoeniX ROM goals. Therefore, I am not going to include the following:
- Things I don't like.
- Things that can risk devices and are dangerous(Such as OC...).
- Experimental things.
- Gaming modules that are not included by Samsung(I am not a gamer, so I don't really care..)
- F2FS - causes compatibility issues and there is no need for that.
- Flash at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damaged that might have been caused by using this kernel.
- I don't really care about benchmark results. Most stock kernels should have between 50K to 55K without OC. The most important thing is how you feel with this kernel. I can give you a patch that can get score of 120K but what is the point if the kernel has lags
- Flash only on Touchwiz 6.0.1 ROMs.
If you wish to report a bug,
Do it only in this thread or in this link:
- If you just want to share something, follow me/this rom, talk with me, you have alot of options
1. Write in this thread
2. Write here: http://tdroms.com/index.php/contact-us
3. Write on our facebook/twitter.
If you like my rom and work, please consider a donation:
If you can't donate or just don't want it is ok! but please make the following:
- Rate this thread 5 stars
- Click thank to my posts
GitHub: Click here
- If I've forgotten someone, please PM me.
PhoeniX Reborn Kernel , Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5
Kernel Special Features:
Current Stable Version: V1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-12-02
Last Updated 2016-12-02