FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[EOL] SmartPack [Kernel] GCC-8.x for Lineage OS-14.1/15.1/16 [kltexxx]

1,781 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,337

Thread Closed Email Thread
This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

/* Introduction */
I'm proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for Lineage-OS (LOS) and other LOS based (Nougat/Oreo/Pie) ROMs.
Please note: All these kernels are designed to work only on LOS-14.1/15.1/16 based Nougat/Oreo/Pie ROMs.
/* DISCLAIMER! */
Code:
I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
I only own kltelgt (Korean variant). Hence, kernels under the category 'kltekor' are only tested by myself.
Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.
/* Supported devices */
klte: SM-G900F, SM-G900AZ, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
kltekor: SM-G900K/L/S
kltedv: SM-G900P/I
klteduos: SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
kltekdi: SCL23
/* Compatibility */
This kernel is only meant to work on Lineage-OS 14.1/15.1/16 and nothing else. However, it may work on other LOS-14.1/15.1/16 (and AOSP) based Nougat/Oreo/Pie ROMs (Please try at your own risk).
This kernel will NOT work in Samsung Stock and other TW ROMs.

/* How-to-Install */
Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
ii. Flash Kernel
iii. Reboot and enjoy

/* Features */
Build from latest Lineage OS source code.
Built using latest GCC-8.x.
Anykernel for compatibility with maximum devices.
Linux Kernel version is updated to 3.4.113
Kernel tweaker app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel).
Added features include...
CPU voltage control
CPU Freq Gov: INTELLIDEMAND, INTELLIACTIVE, SMARTMAX, LIONHEART, NIGHTMARE, ADAPTIVE, ALUCARD, ZZMOVE, etc.
(for those who want to use zzzmove, I strongly suggest to carefully read this forum post by @Saber)
CPU hotplugs: Lazyplug, Alucard, and mako hotplug.
Full control over AC, USB and Wireless charging rate in SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Default charging rates: AC: 1800 mA; USB 700 mA; Wireless: 900 mA).
Boeffla Sound to control speaker and headphone volume.
(for official KA users, follow these instructions by @Exzu to create respective custom controllers for Boeffla Sound and Fast Charge.)
Advanced control over MSM Thermal in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
Adreno_Idler
CPU Input boost (configurable in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
IO schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, VR, ZEN, FIFO, TRIPNDROID.
TCP congestion algorithms: Westwood, reno, cubic etc.
FRandom
Dynamic sync control 2.0
Powersuspend
Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
CPU overclocked up to 2.84 GHz (only Oreo)
268 MHz CPU underclocked frequency cycle
Additional 27 MHz GPU frequency step (idle frequency)
KCAL v2
SELinux "Enforcing" by default (can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
a lot more...
/* Downloads */

https://smartpack.github.io/sgs5/

/* Special note to Korean S5 users */
Flashing this kernel after AOSP/LOS based nougat ROMs originally build for the klte (SM-G900F) variant will allows the use of those ROMs on SM-G900S/K/L. Tested ROMs includes Resurrection Remix, AOKP, crDroid, Mokee, CosmicOS, VanirAOSP, Zephyr OS, Beanstalk, AospExtended etc,

/* Special note to ROM developers */
You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

/* Acknowledgements */
@haggertk for LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5
@Lord Boeffla
@franciscofranco
@Sultanxda
@arter97
@faux123
@CrazyGamerGR
@Saber
@nathanchance
@ZaneZam
@osm0sis for AnyKernel project
@Grarak for Kernel Adiutor
Our Korean Galaxy S5 Facebook group members
Many other XDA developers

XDA:DevDB Information
SmartPack, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
sunilpaulmathew
Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-02-27
Last Updated 2019-01-10
The Following 83 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2017, 10:43 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1: Is this kernel compatible with ROM(s) a/b/c?
Ans: I do not know. All of my kernels are based off and tested only on Lineage-OS. However, if your ROM(s) a/b/c are based on Lineage-OS (and uses the same kernel source code), it will most probably work.

Q2: Which version of kernel should I use?
Ans: I recommend to use the latest if you are on the latest Lineage-OS. For other ROMs with an old built dates, you probably need to find an old version of my kernel with a comparable build date (though you are advised to stay with the latest, if possible).

Q3: Is this kernel better than stock/‘xyz’ kernel(s)?
Ans: Regarding stock, Yes, It should be better in many aspects (Otherwise it will never been published). Regarding ‘xyz’ kernels, I don’t know. I even may not used your mentioned ‘xyz’ kernels.

Q4: How about performance/SOT?
Ans: Since SOT, performance etc. are largely based on several factors such as ROM, installed apps etc. No one else can exactly predict the performance/SOT of your mobile. So, you should test and find out that by yourself.

Q5: Can you tell me the best settings for performance/SOT?
Ans:Again, that depends on several factors. I can only say my favorite settings that give me best results in my favorite ROM.

Q6: Which are the best CPUfreq gov/CPU hotplug/IOScheduler/TCP congestion algorithm for battery life/performance etc?
Ans:Again you need to find out those things yourself. To get more idea, I suggest you to read this awesome guide @Saber

Q7: Could you add feature x and y to your kernel?
Ans: Not sure. It depends on the feature and the capability of the device. Anyway, I’m happy to check and add, if possible, any useful features (unless it is too experimental or dangerous) to my kernel. Please give your suggestions in the official xda thread.

Q8: When will you release a new version of this kernel?
Ans: New updates will arrive whenever I have something new to present in front of you (such as I managed to add new useful features or fix some existing issues or along with each LOS release with some changes in the kernel source code).

Q9: I found a bug, what do I do?
Ans: Please provide as much information as possible (such as what feature, what didn\'t work, screenshots or logcat if possible) and post in this thread.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2017, 10:43 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi

Donate to Me
More
Change-logs
Nougat

Oreo

Pie

SmartPack-Kernel-Manager
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2017, 10:44 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
Reserved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2017, 08:22 PM |#5  
Flag Port-Au-Prince
Thanks Meter: 1,042

Donate to Me
More
will this kernel support all variants ?
27th February 2017, 10:05 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazuDante

will this kernel support all variants ?

I can build for any klte variant supported by LineageOS if someone is willing to test. How about your model?
The Following User Says Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2017, 11:01 PM |#7  
Flag Port-Au-Prince

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilpaulmathew

I can build for any klte variant supported by LineageOS if someone is willing to test. How about your model?

mine is the 900v kltevzw unlocked . and i will test to help support the vzw variant as well.

Update : Your test build boots just fine . fresh install with LOS . and all added features are registered and working....sadly changing gov of gpu reboots system as other custom kernel do. Screen values are not correct( in line with kernel auditor's screen profiles ).

Great Work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KazuDante For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KazuDante Ad-Free
28th February 2017, 01:22 AM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kochi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazuDante

mine is the 900v kltevzw unlocked . and i will test to help support the vzw variant as well.

Thank you very much for the support. Here is your test build. Kindly update your comments after testing. If it is fine, I shall include the same in the main download section. plz backup your current boot.img in twrp before testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunilpaulmathew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2017, 04:26 AM |#9  
Flag Port-Au-Prince

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilpaulmathew

Thank you very much for the support. Here is your test build. Kindly update your comments after testing. If it is fine, I shall include the same in the main download section. plz backup your current boot.img in twrp before testing.

Updated.
28th February 2017, 06:48 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nice kernel
Working perfectly
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to m.ebedo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m.ebedo Ad-Free
28th February 2017, 05:31 PM |#11  
Flag Port-Au-Prince

Donate to Me
More
is it possible to underclock/undervolt the gpu and the cpu ? because if the S5s can that would help on battery life but i dont see anywhere where someone underclocked/undervolt the s5 to the very low limit while retaining stability on all cores and frequencies , and including an underclock/undervolt the gpu as well.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread