[EOL] SmartPack [Kernel] GCC-8.x for Lineage OS-14.1/15.1/16 [kltexxx]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
New builds...

Stable release: v8_r1
All the commits in the LOS kernel source till date... Sound control (my fav values) and Fast charge features are now enabled by default. Now it is your responsibility to disable (fast charge) or change the gain values (sound control) according to your choice :p
Advised to flash over the latest LOS build (there are so many changes in the LOS source code)... Download links are here... Enjoy...
/* Downloads */
Code:
[B][COLOR="red"]Always remember to download the latest build (dated 20170713) for your device.[/COLOR][/B]

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Speakerphone not work talking:crying:
I pre-set some gain values in the sound control. That might make some conflicts especially if you guys are already applied some other values to the sound control. To solve that, just remove the check mark on "Apply on Boot" in the Kernel Auditor --> Sound and restart. After restart, you can see the new deafault gain values in Kernel Auditor --> Sound tab (ofc, u can change if you wish to do so). Can you guys try and check if it solves? Thanks...
I gave my S5 away to my friend. In any case, she is experiencing a similar issue. Everyone can hear her on speakerphone just fine but when it comes to talking through earbuds or a headset, no one can her but she can hear them. Latest Smartpack kernel update.

Last edited:

dan13l3

May 1, 2013
Rome
I pre-set some gain values in the sound control. That might make some conflicts especially if you guys are already applied some other values to the sound control. To solve that, just remove the check mark on "Apply on Boot" in the Kernel Auditor --> Sound and restart. After restart, you can see the new deafault gain values in Kernel Auditor --> Sound tab (ofc, u can change if you wish to do so). Can you guys try and check if it solves? Thanks...
In addition to this i have to uncheck mark on apply on boot on menu profile's choice (see the attached below), otherwise microphone doesn't works :rolleyes:
I don't know if this is a kernel's issue or a bug of Kernel Adiutor app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170714-094023.png
    Screenshot_20170714-094023.png
    92 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
In addition to this i have to uncheck mark on apply on boot on menu profile's choice (see the attached below), otherwise microphone doesn't works :rolleyes:
I don't know if this is a kernel's issue or a bug of Kernel Adiutor app

May not be an issue of both... simply the conflict btw the pre-setted gain values and individual values selected by individual users.
And yes, you need to do the necessary changes if you are using a profile...
Edit: you can edit and uncheck the sound tab from the profile...

Last edited:

dan13l3

May 1, 2013
Rome
May not be an issue of both... simply the conflict btw the pre-setted gain values and individual values selected by individual users.
And yes, you need to do the necessary changes if you are using a profile...
Infact now I have unchecked all switch's Apply on boot, but to set kernel how I wish, I have to load profile manually.

GZeromskas

May 25, 2017

Thank you. What is the Known CPU Frequency:confused: Will it work

Screenshot_20170714-101142.png

Screenshot_20170714-101217.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170714-101142.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20170714-101217.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 204

Blackburn119

Nov 14, 2016
It is because of this kernel or lineage ROM itself? My Korea S5 running 07122017 build just got a random reboot while using Facebook app.

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Thank you. What is the Known CPU Frequency:confused: Will it work

Sorry. I can't get you clearly...
What you mean?
It is because of this kernel or lineage ROM itself? My Korea S5 running 07122017 build just got a random reboot while using Facebook app.
Not sure... I'm also using Facebook app a lot on my kltekor and is so far stable. In the main LOS thread, many users reported that the phone gets rebooted while using camera apps (both snap and 3rd party). But, so far, no complaints abt Facebook in LOS as well as this thread...

Blackburn119

Nov 14, 2016
Sorry. I can't get you clearly...
What you mean?

Not sure... I'm also using Facebook app a lot on my kltekor and is so far stable. In the main LOS thread, many users reported that the phone gets rebooted while using camera apps (both snap and 3rd party). But, so far, no complaints abt Facebook in LOS as well as this thread...
Maybe I got the same issue like them, before I open FB app I also did open camera to take a selfie.

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Are the v8 r2 stable ..or v8
Both are actually stable. However, due to some recent commits in stock kernel source, v8_r2 might makes some issues like camera error on some device variants (though I don't have such issues on kltekor).
So, in my opinion, try the latest first and then go back to v8 only if you have issues...

Reactions: ariel5zal

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
New builds...

Minor update: v8_r3
This is just a minor update. You can even avoid this. The only change is that zzmove cpufreq gov is updated to the latest version (credits: zanezam)... If anyone interested, plz test zzmove (preferably after disabling other hotplug) and share your comments. In my personal use for a week, it is reasonably good. And hope it will not kill the Camera :p Download links are here... Cheers...
/* Downloads */
Code:
[B][COLOR="red"]Always remember to download the latest build (dated 20170727) for your device.[/COLOR][/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project is now "End-of-Life" (EOL). Thanks to all of you for the kind support...

/* Introduction */
    I'm proudly presenting my work, SmartPack-Kernel for Lineage-OS (LOS) and other LOS based (Nougat/Oreo/Pie) ROMs.
    Please note: All these kernels are designed to work only on LOS-14.1/15.1/16 based Nougat/Oreo/Pie ROMs.
    pic001.png
    /* DISCLAIMER! */
    Code:
    I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Everything you are doing on your device is at your own risk.
    I only own kltelgt (Korean variant). Hence, kernels under the category 'kltekor' are only tested by myself.
    Please note that flashing any custom Kernel including mine will void your warranty.

/* Supported devices */
    klte: SM-G900F, SM-G900AZ, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    kltekor: SM-G900K/L/S
    kltedv: SM-G900P/I
    klteduos: SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltekdi: SCL23

/* Compatibility */
    This kernel is only meant to work on Lineage-OS 14.1/15.1/16 and nothing else. However, it may work on other LOS-14.1/15.1/16 (and AOSP) based Nougat/Oreo/Pie ROMs (Please try at your own risk).
    This kernel will NOT work in Samsung Stock and other TW ROMs.

/* How-to-Install */
    Auto-flash from SmartPack-Kernel Manager or download from my webpage &
    i. Go to recovery (TWRP recommend)
    ii. Flash Kernel
    iii. Reboot and enjoy​

/* Features */
    Build from latest Lineage OS source code.
    Built using latest GCC-8.x.
    Anykernel for compatibility with maximum devices.
    Linux Kernel version is updated to 3.4.113
    Kernel tweaker app recommend: SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Please note: official Kernel Adiutor is NOT fully compatible with this kernel).
    Added features include...
    CPU voltage control
    CPU Freq Gov: INTELLIDEMAND, INTELLIACTIVE, SMARTMAX, LIONHEART, NIGHTMARE, ADAPTIVE, ALUCARD, ZZMOVE, etc.
    (for those who want to use zzzmove, I strongly suggest to carefully read this forum post by @Saber)
    CPU hotplugs: Lazyplug, Alucard, and mako hotplug.
    Full control over AC, USB and Wireless charging rate in SmartPack-Kernel Manager (Default charging rates: AC: 1800 mA; USB 700 mA; Wireless: 900 mA).
    Boeffla Sound to control speaker and headphone volume.
    (for official KA users, follow these instructions by @Exzu to create respective custom controllers for Boeffla Sound and Fast Charge.)
    Advanced control over MSM Thermal in SmartPack-Kernel Manager
    Adreno_Idler
    CPU Input boost (configurable in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
    IO schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, VR, ZEN, FIFO, TRIPNDROID.
    TCP congestion algorithms: Westwood, reno, cubic etc.
    FRandom
    Dynamic sync control 2.0
    Powersuspend
    Boeffla Generic Wakelock Blocker
    CPU overclocked up to 2.84 GHz (only Oreo)
    268 MHz CPU underclocked frequency cycle
    Additional 27 MHz GPU frequency step (idle frequency)
    KCAL v2
    SELinux "Enforcing" by default (can be switched to "Permissive" in SmartPack-Kernel Manager)
    a lot more...​

/* Downloads */

https://smartpack.github.io/sgs5/

/* Special note to Korean S5 users */
    Flashing this kernel after AOSP/LOS based nougat ROMs originally build for the klte (SM-G900F) variant will allows the use of those ROMs on SM-G900S/K/L. Tested ROMs includes Resurrection Remix, AOKP, crDroid, Mokee, CosmicOS, VanirAOSP, Zephyr OS, Beanstalk, AospExtended etc,

/* Special note to ROM developers */
    You are allowed to include my kernel in any ROMs. Giving proper credits to the original developers (including me, if you considered me as one among them) are, however, highly appreciated. Feel free to contact me, if you need any assistance from my side.

/* Donations */

If you like to appreciate my work, please consider donating to me as it is helpful to continue my projects more active, although it is not at all necessary.

/* Acknowledgements */
    @haggertk for LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5
    @Lord Boeffla
    @franciscofranco
    @Sultanxda
    @arter97
    @faux123
    @CrazyGamerGR
    @Saber
    @nathanchance
    @ZaneZam
    @osm0sis for AnyKernel project
    @Grarak for Kernel Adiutor
    Our Korean Galaxy S5 Facebook group members
    Many other XDA developers

XDA:DevDB Information
    SmartPack, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    sunilpaulmathew
    Source Code: https://github.com/SmartPack

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-02-27
    Last Updated 2019-01-10
    Announcement

***Announcement***

Finally, time to share some bad news...

With a heavy heart, I decided to donate my s5 to one of my friends. Which means, I do not own my favorite phone anymore, which I used for the last 3+ years. As a result, I have no way to continue none of my remaining kernel projects (including SmartPack & Boeffla) for this device.

It was a long journey of nearly 2 years, where I learned a lot about Kernel (and Android in general) development, met many good people, and our friendship with some of them grows even beyond the borders of xda. I enjoyed your company a lot. I hope I am able to satisfy many of you during this time. Also, please accept my sincere apologies, if I hurt some of your feelings in any stage of this journey,

If anyone like to continue my projects (both Smartpack & Boeffla), feel free to contact me. Further, If someone takes the maintenance of SmartPack-kernel, and who is ready to follow a similar release strategy of mine, I'm happy to continue auto-flash support from SP-Kernel Manager (Otherwise, I'll remove it in the near future).

Finally, Thank you very much to all of you for supporting my projects throughout the long period.

Hope to see you all, one day, somewhere else in the forum, or in real life (who knows):highfive:
    One more update

Hi friends...
    It's Easter day... So, here is a small gift...

/* Story */
    I again got my S5 back for a few days use. So, as usual, I updated Lineage OS 16 kernel for my personal use. Here I'm sharing the same for anyone interested. So, here is beta-v3.

/* Changes */
    Up-to-date with Lineage OS changes.

/* Note */
    • It's built over my Pie branch and tested only on Lineage OS 16 (Pie). It might work on Lineage OS 15.1 (Oreo) as well, but not on Lineage OS 14.1 (Nougat).
    • Only for klte & kltekor.
    • This thread will be active until a future Lineage OS update break this version of Kernel.

/* How-to */
    Download kernel from the provided link and flash in recovery. Enjoy...

/* Downloads */
    klte
    kltekor
    Just realized that "SmartPack" turned one-year-old yesterday (Feb 27). When I start this thread, I do not think that it will happen. It's all because of your kind support... Thank you very much to all of you... :)
    Last and "final" version of SmartPack-Kernel for LOS-14.1 (Nougat) ROMs

*** *** ***Announcement*** *** ***
    Hi all,
    After closely monitoring the development of LOS-14.1 for a while, I decided to stop building my Nougat Kernels with a last and "final" release. I do not expect any significant changes from Lineage-OS development team. Also, I'm not planning to remove any of the Nougat Kernels from the download page. You guys can safely use my *final* version on any latest LOS based Nougat ROM.

So, here you go to the last and final version (final-v14) of SmartPack-Kernel provided from my side for LineageOS-14.1 and other LOS based Nougat ROMs.

Changes:
    Added LED blink/fade control.
    Added boeffla generic wakelock blocker driver (v1.1.0).
    Merge recent patches from osm0sis's anykernel2 repo.​
    As already mentioned, this will be the last and "final" update of SmartPack-Kernel for LOS-14.1
    (Please note: only Nougat Kernels are discontinued. Oreo Kernels will receive updates on time-to-time)

As always, download links for all the variants can be found at the below links as well as in Smartpack-Kernel Manager. Enjoy...

https://sunilpaulmathew.github.io/downloads/

Bye bye Nougat... and welcome you all to Oreo... ;)