[MOD] MultiROM-20200708-v33x - TWRP_3.4.0-0 [No Kexec Workaround]

Search This thread

artixerix

Dec 28, 2012
I've got a problem with installing magisk. I flashed LineageOS 14.1 with microG as secondary and while flashing magisk zip succeeds, it doesn't show up in the rom itself. What do?

saikyom

Apr 6, 2015
casablanca
tried it yesterday, installed the tool and everything is fine. on kltekor g900s.
i just want a better camera so i want to install a touchwiz based rom as secondary, but can't find any. anyone can help?

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
I've got a problem with installing magisk. I flashed LineageOS 14.1 with microG as secondary and while flashing magisk zip succeeds, it doesn't show up in the rom itself. What do?

magisk not supported yet, maybe in future.
new build will be up soon with lzma compression support, this will fix injecting multirom to lzma/xz based boot.img mainly for aosp.

LokifiedMee

Sep 24, 2017
I'll test for you one sec
.gonna test with aicp Oreo as main ROM and then resurrection remix as secondary

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
kltesprsports now supported I need a tester!

Edit: here is the link for the new build (not tested), will update changelog later
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=270499
Did not work for me though it boots a little further. Installed new TWRP, rebooted recovery, installed new multirom, deleted old secondary LOS 15.1, added a new ROM with latest LOS15.1, installed also microg and booted that new ROM. Went until new Google white splash screen, then device rebooted on its own to recovery. Copied the logs, here they are.
Will try without microg.
Oh I have crdroid Oreo as internal with magisk, crdroid nougat as secondary

Attachments

• recovery.log
    20.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dmesg.log
    133.3 KB · Views: 7

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Uninstalled magisk, deleted and reinstalled vanilla los 20180506 but still it reboots to recovery from google splash screen

AndroidSamsungFreak

Apr 14, 2017
stock-based roms dont work ...... can you add support ??? SM-G900F
EDIT: i mean touchwiz based roms...... tried a 5.1 touchwiz backup, says "extracttarfork ended with error 255" (and no the backup is not corrupted)
and on other touchwiz based roms like dreamux it says "symlink:some symlinks failed"
But other backups and roms like lineageos work just fine...

Last edited:

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
I'm having difficulty booting or working with ROM's that I install to the SD card. Any ROM's that I install to the internal storage work great, but if I install a ROM to the SD card, it does not show up in the multirom boot menu
I'm having this same issue still on a different phone with a different SD card. During multirom system boot, ROMs installed on internal phone storage show on the internal tab in the boot menu and boot fine, and ROM installed on an external USB stick can be found in the external tab and booted into, but any ROM installed on the removeable SD card inside the phone will not show as an option to boot, although it can be fully managed from within TWRP. Which tab should those ROMs be on, and any idea how to make them show up?

mouyahama

Jul 3, 2012
Internal ROM(RR pie) boots without any issues but when I select any other ROM(tried many) I get kernel is not seandroid enforcing warning at the top and gets stuck. Why is that happening?

mouyahama

Jul 3, 2012
Are you on 20180514 build?

yes I am on the latest build 20180514 but I still I always get at the top on boot the following
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING (red)
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery (yellow)

then It stays like this forever when I boot to the secondary ROM

I tried enabling no-kexec but doesn't work. I did a run restorecon and inject bootsector twice didn't help also.
I even tried to switch roms so here is what I got
Primary ROM (Liege OS 15.1 - latest build)
Secondary ROM (RR Pie - latest build)

Is there any kernel recommendation to get this thing to work?

Thanks.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
yes I am on the latest build 20180514 but I still I always get at the top on boot the following
2. RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING (red)
3. Set Warranty Bit: recovery (yellow)

then It stays like this forever when I boot to the secondary ROM

I tried enabling no-kexec but doesn't work. I did a run restorecon and inject bootsector twice didn't help also.
I even tried to switch roms so here is what I got
Primary ROM (Liege OS 15.1 - latest build)
Secondary ROM (RR Pie - latest build)

Is there any kernel recommendation to get this thing to work?

Thanks.

The warning are ok, can you enable multirom logs and upload them to me?

mouyahama

Jul 3, 2012
The warning are ok, can you enable multirom logs and upload them to me?
Sorry I made a mistake earlier... the warning says KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING

I have attached below all the logs you might need:
- Recovery logs
- Multirom (from multirom-klogs)

by the way in Multirom boot screen when I click "copy logs to sd" it fails

Attachments

• multirom-klogs.rar
    104.5 KB · Views: 10

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
Sorry I made a mistake earlier... the warning says KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING

I have attached below all the logs you might need:
- Recovery logs
- Multirom (from multirom-klogs)

by the way in Multirom boot screen when I click "copy logs to sd" it fails

I think its kernel issue, I will make more tests when I got the device in my hand!

I think data on pie are read only, that why it fail to boot.

Log path is not correct will fix it soon.

Next build will fix SEANDROID ENFORCING warning.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fvh3puLb.png

You use this tool at your own risk!!

I have tried to put as many safeguards as I can,
    but I cannot be held accountable for any soft-bricks, hard-bricks, loss of data and/or information,
    or anything else going wrong.​

Introduction
    MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte). It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Active, Bohdi Linux or WebOS port. Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
    * Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
    * Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
    * Use for example Ubuntu Touch or Desktop alongside with Android, without the need of device formatting
    * Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

Warning!
    It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is messing with boot sector and data partition. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector (actually the no-kexec workaround is messing with your boot sector), but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again.
    Make backups. Always.

Installation
    Manual installation
    Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).

MultiROM has 2 parts you need to install:

MultiROM (multirom-YYYYMMDD-vXX-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip) - download the ZIP file from the download section and flash it in recovery.

Modified recovery (TWRP_multirom_kltexxx_YYYYMMDD.img) - download the IMG file from the download section and flash it in recovery.

Your current rom will not be erased by the installation.

Downloads

Adding ROMs
    1. Android
    Go to recovery, enter the MultiROM section of TWRP (by clicking the icon in to top right corner) -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of stock 4.2 after first boot (with dalvik cache generated and connected to google account) takes 676mb of space.

2. Ubuntu Touch this is NOT SUPPORTED

Use the MultiROM Manager app to install Ubuntu Touch.

Ubuntu Touch is in development - MultiROM will have to be updated to keep up with future changes in Ubuntu, so there's a good chance this method stops working after a while and I'll have to fix it.

Using USB drive
    During installation, recovery lets you select install location. Plug in the USB drive, wait a while and press "refresh" so that it shows partitions on the USB drive. You just select the location (extX, NTFS and FAT32 partitions are supported) and proceed with the installation.
    If you wanna use other than default FAT32 partition, just format it in PC. If you don't know how/don't know where to find out how, you probably should not try installing MultiROM.
    If you are installing to NTFS or FAT32 partition, recovery asks you to set image size for all the partitions - this cannot be easilly changed afterward, so choose carefully. FAT32 is limited to maximum of 4095MB per image - it is limitation of the filesystem, I can do nothing about that.
    Installation to USB drives takes a bit longer, because the flash drive is (usually) slower and it needs to create the images, so installation of Ubuntu to 4Gb image on my pretty fast USB drive takes about 20 minutes.
    Enumerating USB drive can take a while in MultiROM menu, so when you press the "USB" button in MultiROM, wait a while (max. 30-45s) until it searches the USB drive. It does it by itself, no need to press something, just wait.

Updating/changing ROMs
    1. Primary ROM (Internal)
    • Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
    • Go to the MultiROM section of TWRP (by clicking the icon in to top right corner) and do Inject curr. boot sector.

2. Secondary Android ROMs
    If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
    • Go to the MultiROM section of TWRP (by clicking the icon in to top right corner) -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
    • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.
    • In some cases, you might need to flash patched kernel - get corresponding patched kernel version from second post and flash it to the secondary ROM sama way you flashed ROM's ZIP file.

Explanation of recovery menus
    Main menu
    - Add ROM - add ROM to boot
    - List ROMs - list installed ROMs and manage them
    - Inject boot.img file - When you download for example kernel, which is distrubuted as whole boot.img (eg. franco kernel), you have to use this option on it, otherwise you would lose MultiROM.
    - Inject curr. boot sector - Use this option if MultiROM does not show up on boot, for example after kernel installation.
    - Settings - well, settings.

Manage ROM
    - Rename, delete - I believe these are obvious
    - Flash ZIP (only Android ROMs) - flash ZIP to the ROM, for example gapps
    - Add/replace boot.img - replaces boot.img used by this ROM, this is more like developer option.
    - Re-patch init - this is available only for ubuntu. Use it when ubuntu cannot find root partition, ie. after apt-get upgrade which changed the init script.

Source code

Thanks
    MultiROM team
    @nkk71 for No Kexec Workaround
    @klabit87 for inspiration and mrom device tree
    @vasishath
    @shahan-mik3
    FAQ and other notes

No-kexec workaround
    Q: What is the no-kexec workaround?
    A: The no-kexec workaround by nkk71 allows you to use MultiROM without having to flash a kexec enabled kernel.
    More info here

Q: MultiROM bootmenu never show up?
    A1: You need MM (or based) kernel.
    A2: Go to recovery, enter the MultiROM section of TWRP (by clicking the icon in to top right corner) -> Inject boot sector.

Q: Secondary ROM reboot to recovery?
    A: Enter recovery > MultiROM menu > List ROMs > Select your ROM and Run Restorecon.
    Changelog

Code:
    MultiROM-20200708-v33x - TWRP 3.4.0-0
    ======================================
    * MultiROM: Better compatibility with android 8 and 9
    * MultiROM: Fix magisk root on secondary rom
    * Include all recent improvements from TWRP 3.4.0-0

MultiROM-20180111-v33x - TWRP 3.2.1-0
    ======================================
    * MultiROM: Better compatibility with android 8
    * MultiROM: Update default android rom icon
    * Include all recent improvements from TWRP 3.2.1-0