[ROM] [OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.X for Galaxy S5 | Android 7.X Nougat

Search This thread

ShahabJafri

Apr 2, 2011
Jeddah
www.shahabjafri.com
Ok, I have had 3 S5 running lineage ok for the last few weeks, a few minor issues I had to sort through but overall pretty good once everything settled down.

I have 2 strange issues though.

1: 1 of the tmobile variants suddenly "broke the ringtones". It will not ring and if I try to pick another ringtone nothing plays when I click on one of them. Notifications and alarms still work fine though. What could possibly make it suddenly not play ringtones, even manually?

2: the same phone has a small x in the lower corner of the data connection as if the internet is not active. Yet everything appears to work fine? It is on the same carrier and settings as my other tmobile phone and it does not have the x. I also get an x when connecting to some wifi networks yet once again, everything appears to work fine.

Any ideas?

I faced both of these issues.
(1) For the No Ringing issue, I was able to capture a logcat on 14th Nov but then I got busy with work so couldn't report it. Rebooting the phone solved the issue though.
(2) For the cross sign on data connection, I didnt have any terminal app that day so couldn't capture anything other than screenshots. When the cross sign was active I couldn't access Internet at all and rebooting the phone didn't help. In fact I couldn't access Internet using any network mode (LTE, 3G and 2G).

Please note that both of these screenshots and the logcat is from the 8 Nov build on my klte and both these issues occur randomly which is why I installed a logcat app and terminal app to capture the logs.

Attachments

• 2017-11-14-14-57.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 9
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 331
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 331

cthulhu1987

Jun 14, 2010
Stuttgart
I have a Bluetooth issue: When I switch on Bluetooth, it tries to connect with my (switched off) headphones for 30 seconds or so, then tries to connect with my Bluetooth speaker (switched on), but doesn't succeed, either. What might be the problem?

J-Lindo

Jul 4, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I've got a weird one. Running the 11/16 nightly on my G900V, I've found multiple times that the status bar clock gets stuck. For example, it's 9:00pm EST, and my pull-down menu clock and lock screen clock say as much, but the status bar clock is stuck at 5:26pm. Any idea what the problem could be? I dunno where to even start :eek:

vasilis69

Nov 20, 2017
hi guys,
can someone help me why i don't see the red notifications in icons apps,like facebook,viber etc? i don't know what can i do to fix this.In 6.0.1 version i didn't had this problem.Thank you.!

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
What's that icon on the lock screen?

It looks like a greyed out SDCard...... There's one in the device and it seems OK. I've never noticed it before.

cdrivex4

Jan 13, 2014
It looks like a greyed out SDCard...... There's one in the device and it seems OK. I've never noticed it before.

Last time I saw that icon my sd card was not mounted correctly, pull it out then push it back in.
Or turn it off, turn on wait for launcher screen then of it in.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: fitittome

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
Hey, euro.

I know it's been two weeks since your last post, but as a fellow kltespr on Virgin Mobile, how'd you get LTE on lineageOS, post 10/25?

I'm having a bit of a struggle with cellular data on the 11/08 kltedv. It's permanently on 3G and cellular overall seems spotty, at best. Since the absence of selecting 3G / LTE in previous nightlies, I can't get a lock on cellular data.

I've updated the baseband to CQD1 and even tried flashing an old MM VM APN fix .zip to no avail.

I'm just curious how successful on your end you are with lineageOS, really.
Any advice?

Hey man, sorry for not replying, I was traveling all weekend! but i see you found the answer on javelinandart's thread very quickly :)

Reactions: meatfest1974

jpereira23

Jan 9, 2013
Not normal. Make sure modem/bootloader combination (firmware) is upto date. IMHO, do a clean install. It will be the fastest way to sort it out, unless you have a day or two to waste troubleshooting.
I don't. This installation is about 1 month old. But I played with some optimization tools, don't know if it was from that...

How can I check if the modem/bootloader comb is correct?

Last edited:

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Reactions: jpereira23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS official builds have been released.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Build/Variant Map:
    [OFFICIAL] klte - SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
    [OFFICIAL] klteduos - SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    [OFFICIAL] kltedv - SM-G900I, SM-G900P
    [OFFICIAL] kltekor - SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S
    [OFFICIAL] klteusc - SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7 Moved to klte build as of 19 April 2017
    [OFFICIAL] kltevzw - SM-G900V, SM-S902L Moved to klte build as of 11 March 2017

FAQ/Frequent Statements
    Q0: When ${THING}?
    A0: No ETAs. Don't ask.
    Q1: You list my phone above but there isn't a build uploaded, why not?
    A1: Haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Q2: But when will you get to building it?
    A2: Damn it, see Q0/A0.
    Q3: How often will builds be produced?
    A3: Whenever I get to them and feel like uploading.
    Q4: But ${THING} isn't working for me. I cannot live without ${THING}. :crying:
    A4: Not surprising, lineage-14.1 is still young. Some features aren't ported and some may still be buggy. Maybe lineage-14.1 isn't ready for you yet. And don't cry.
    Q5: Xposed/Magisk?
    A5: Don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I'll ignore you if you complain about something and are using them. Don't even think of talking about it.
    Q6: Can I complain about something?
    A6: I'd prefer not, but be prepared for me to ignore you.
    Q7: Can I report a bug?
    A7: Absolutely. Please ensure that you are running stock ROM and kernel. No Xposed or other hacky crap. Create a logcat.
    Q8: When will you fix ${THING} that I just reported?
    A8: Damn it, see Q0/A0. And if your ${THING} isn't something that bothered me, it probably just got shuffled to the back of the line.
    Q9: Can I donate?
    A9: Code, yes. Money, no.
    Q11: My bluetooth seems to mostly work except it gets glitchy when I turn my screen off, put it in my pocket, walk away from it by more than a couple feet, etc. Why?
    A11: Your OUI isn't recognized by macloader. We're doing the right thing for cm-14.x+ and giving EVERYONE the correct BT and WIFI firmware/calibration data. Send me the first three octets of your WIFI MAC address as well as the output of the instructions in this post.
    Q12: Can I dirty flash from CM to LineageOS?
    A12: The official timeframe for dirty-flashing from CM to LineageOS is over.
    Q13: HALP, I restored a TWRP backup and now cannot get my radio to work.
    A13: First, don't panic. You have a full backup, it's just that something weird is happening on boot of the restore. We can get through this. Go ahead and restore that nice, clean backup again (Yes, restore it AGAIN!), but DO NOT REBOOT YET! Using the TWRP file manager, delete these two directories:
    • /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/
    • /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/shared_prefs/
    Now you may reboot your phone.

GApps:
    LineageOS recommends Opengapps. I use Opengapps mini. If you are running lineage-14.1 then you want ARM 7.1.
    http://opengapps.org/

Doesn't Work:
    • CM ThemeEngine - Not ported to lineage-14.x
    • VoLTE - Didn't work on cm-13.0. Didn't work on cm-14.1. Don't expect great things, even devices from the same generation as ours that had VoLTE on M (e.g., bacon) don't have it on N.

Downloads:
    Official (lineage-14.1) - https://download.lineageos.org
    Official SU Addon - https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    Where is this Lineage os ?

It will be LineageOS as soon as we finish standing up a new Gerrit code review instance (should happen today) and merge rebranding patches. Currently it is a 100% bare fork -- CM source == LAOS source.

I'd expect official builds are at least a week away. There are a lot of offers for server time and storage space coming in, but no one really wanted to do much thinking along those lines yesterday during the holiday and step 1 really is getting Gerrit running.

Suffice to say, cyngn's actions over the weekend accelerated our timeline. We'd been planning to be cut over to new Gerrit by New Year's, but by deleting DNS entries and disabling SSH access to CM gerrit really has pulled the rug out from under us.

Please bear with us. If anyone is looking for general OFFICIAL LineageOS information/messaging, stick to these locations -- we control them:
    http://lineageos.org/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/
    https://www.facebook.com/lineageandroid
    https://twitter.com/lineageandroid
    https://plus.google.com/113897076738126120764
    Builds are being uploaded to the usual place, all with filenames containing the 20161027 date.

Changes of note:
    - Kernel update to 3.4.12. Ozzy is grinding through, only about 100 releases left to go.
    - seccomp-bpf. Well, this isn't exactly new to my builds, the last one or two had it, but I went ahead and merged it.
    - Dirty COW fix. Yeah, all of you probably are running rooted, but we don't want some rogue app doing root-level stuff without you being prompted now, do we? This may have been in the last build, I cannot remember the time of day that I kicked it off...
    - Anything merged into the greater cm-14.0 tree.
    - Oh yeah, some camcorder thing. It appears to be working for me. It should work for you. Or it may completely blow up. It is still under active review. Beware, dragons.

Yes, I know that work is being done on cm-14.1 (Android 7.1). Not every project is forked yet, I don't want to deal with a frankentree, and I'd just as soon let that settle down a bit (first devices successfully booted only just last night). So no, no cm-14.1 yet. And no, I don't know when.
    CM-14.1 builds are going up. I updated the first post, but if you don't feel like clicking back, they are here. klte is up already and kltevzw will be soon thereafter. The rest will come in due time. All will have the date of 20161029 in the filename.

If you want to dirty-flash upgrade from cm-14.0, you MUST flash new Android 7.1 gapps immediately after flashing cm-14.1 before booting the ROM or fail city will result.

For those asking what's different from the @javelinanddart build, pretty much just everything that's been committed in the last couple days to the greater CM tree. I did compile this using MALLOC_SVELTE which may help with our relatively low-memory device. If this looks good over the next couple days I'll merge it upstream.

Oh yeah, I also picked this unmerged commit that will let you actually change the status bar battery representation.