It must be installed via Recovery (TWRP) over any LOS/AOSP 14/15/16 Based (or pure) ROM. It doesn't NEED any tweaking, just install it and use it as is.
BUT you can use "Boeffla Config App" or Kernel Adiutor if you like tweaking. In Boeffla App, you will receive a Warning about "mpdecision": just ignore it.
This kernel uses codes from other kernels, as you'd expect in an open-source community, most notably code from Boeffla, SmartPack, Lolz, Ares and Intelli.
It has UNIQUE features like:
- a different "low memory killer" algorithm wrote by me. Extremely simple, but multiple apps can be killed in a batch! It runs on a timely fashion but stops when phone is idle
- zcache is disabled for really *freeing* up memory that was used for caching files
- a different default cpu hotplugger. ALL kernels (even LOS/AOSP/stock) relies on Qualcomm's vanilla MPDecision, I wrote my own
- Tuned CPU governor (it's the default). It's basically the Interactive governor but with a LOT of tuning to match up with the tuned hotplugger. Did you know stock/los/aosp roms uses a multi-socket Interactive governor that doesn't match our phone's chipset?
- many many many MANY compiler optimizations not found on boeffla kernel, LOS/AOSP or anywhere else!
- MANY unused code simply REMOVED to free memory and CPU. People ADD a lot of stuff on a kernel, I like to remove
- compiled with 2019 GCC version 9.1 (instead of the ancient version 4.9 that EVERY ROM uses)
- many unstable cpu and gpu governors and i/o schedulers removed. they only wasted space
- ext4 tweaks
- fair scheduler tweaks
- removed 3 touch boosters code.. why so many? just to raise your clock on every single touch?
- Maple i/o scheduler
- lowered "read ahead" of files and inodes.. why would you read something you don't know you'll need?
- lowered maximum i/o requests for lowering ram usage while writing to SD (internal or external)
- removed a lot of DEBUG code.. why release a software with debugging code built-in?
- removed network protocols we would never use
- removed some compatibility code
- removed dynamic fsync, why would anyone want to enable fsync in any moment anyway? it has been disabled by default linux kernel for decades!!
- decreased commit DELAY of file changes from 20s to 5s, which is linux default. there's no advantage in keeping new/modified data on ram for too long
And common features found in another kernels, like:
- Max cpu voltage set to 1.4v
- Min cpu clock set to 268mhz instead of 300
- Max cpu clock set to 2995mhz instead of 2457
- Max gpu clock set to 657mhz and 27mhz as min
- Compiled to speed, not size
- Voltage table for undervolting or overvolting
- Charging level for AC, USB and Wireless charger can be set (use Boeffla App)
- LED fading control + brightness (use Boeffla App)
- Tuned, conservative, impulse, lionheart, nightmare, ondemand, pegasusq, performance and powersave CPU governors
- bfqz, deadline, maple, noopz, row, sioplus and zen I/O Schedulers
- "Boeffla Sound" for increasing headphones and speakers volume (use Boeffla App)
- You can set "Minimum display brightness" to prevent flickering (use Boeffla App)
- You can Enable or Disable DOZE mode and SElinux (use Boeffla App)
Overall your phone will be snappier, and less battery hungry
If you don't like it, you can go back to your rom's default-vanilla-old-slow kernel by simply installing the rom's .zip file again. No need to wipe anything ever!
Telegram Group: https://t.me/tunedkernel
If your voice on recordings or whatsapp calls is too LOW, try my fix for that: CLICK
TUNED, a LOS Kernel for S5 - Performance and Battery life together!, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-20
Last Updated 2019-07-20