FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TUNED, Kernel for Nougat/Oreo/Pie - (200719) Performance and Battery life together!

997 posts
Thanks Meter: 866

By fbs, Senior Member on 26th January 2019, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
"A kernel is the central part of an operating system. It manages the operations of the computer and the hardware - most notably memory and CPU."

It must be installed via Recovery (TWRP) over any LOS/AOSP 14/15/16 Based (or pure) ROM. It doesn't NEED any tweaking, just install it and use it as is.
BUT you can use "Boeffla Config App" or Kernel Adiutor if you like tweaking. In Boeffla App, you will receive a Warning about "mpdecision": just ignore it.

This kernel uses codes from other kernels, as you'd expect in an open-source community, most notably code from Boeffla, SmartPack, Lolz, Ares and Intelli.

It has UNIQUE features like:
- a different "low memory killer" algorithm wrote by me. Extremely simple, but multiple apps can be killed in a batch! It runs on a timely fashion but stops when phone is idle
- zcache is disabled for really *freeing* up memory that was used for caching files
- a different default cpu hotplugger. ALL kernels (even LOS/AOSP/stock) relies on Qualcomm's vanilla MPDecision, I wrote my own
- Tuned CPU governor (it's the default). It's basically the Interactive governor but with a LOT of tuning to match up with the tuned hotplugger. Did you know stock/los/aosp roms uses a multi-socket Interactive governor that doesn't match our phone's chipset?
- many many many MANY compiler optimizations not found on boeffla kernel, LOS/AOSP or anywhere else!
- MANY unused code simply REMOVED to free memory and CPU. People ADD a lot of stuff on a kernel, I like to remove
- compiled with 2019 GCC version 9.1 (instead of the ancient version 4.9 that EVERY ROM uses)

- many unstable cpu and gpu governors and i/o schedulers removed. they only wasted space
- ext4 tweaks
- fair scheduler tweaks
- removed 3 touch boosters code.. why so many? just to raise your clock on every single touch?
- Maple i/o scheduler
- lowered "read ahead" of files and inodes.. why would you read something you don't know you'll need?
- lowered maximum i/o requests for lowering ram usage while writing to SD (internal or external)
- removed a lot of DEBUG code.. why release a software with debugging code built-in?
- removed network protocols we would never use
- removed some compatibility code
- removed dynamic fsync, why would anyone want to enable fsync in any moment anyway? it has been disabled by default linux kernel for decades!!
- decreased commit DELAY of file changes from 20s to 5s, which is linux default. there's no advantage in keeping new/modified data on ram for too long

And common features found in another kernels, like:
- Max cpu voltage set to 1.4v
- Min cpu clock set to 268mhz instead of 300
- Max cpu clock set to 2995mhz instead of 2457
- Max gpu clock set to 657mhz and 27mhz as min
- Compiled to speed, not size
- Voltage table for undervolting or overvolting
- Charging level for AC, USB and Wireless charger can be set (use Boeffla App)
- LED fading control + brightness (use Boeffla App)
- Tuned, conservative, impulse, lionheart, nightmare, ondemand, pegasusq, performance and powersave CPU governors
- bfqz, deadline, maple, noopz, row, sioplus and zen I/O Schedulers
- "Boeffla Sound" for increasing headphones and speakers volume (use Boeffla App)
- You can set "Minimum display brightness" to prevent flickering (use Boeffla App)
- You can Enable or Disable DOZE mode and SElinux (use Boeffla App)

Overall your phone will be snappier, and less battery hungry

If you don't like it, you can go back to your rom's default-vanilla-old-slow kernel by simply installing the rom's .zip file again. No need to wipe anything ever!

Telegram Group: https://t.me/tunedkernel

If your voice on recordings or whatsapp calls is too LOW, try my fix for that: CLICK

XDA:DevDB Information
TUNED, a LOS Kernel for S5 - Performance and Battery life together!, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
fbs
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-20

Created 2019-01-28
Last Updated 2019-07-20
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to fbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbs Ad-Free

26th January 2019, 06:16 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag not in brazil

Donate to Me
More
Tuned Kernel versions will be attached here, the build date is at the file name.
"LOS16" = los16-based and los15-based roms.
"LOS14" = los14-based roms. (RECOMMENDED)

klte = SM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8, SM-S902L
klteduos = SM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
kltedv = SM-G900I, SM-G900P
kltekor = SM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S
kltechn = SM-G9006V

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW WITH YOUR MODEL ON ITS NAME (KLTE or KLTEDUOS or KLTEDV or KLTEKDI or KLTEKOR or KLTECHN) TO DOWNLOAD:
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to fbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbs Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 06:16 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag not in brazil

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
- possible fix for encrypted devices and f2fs file system (f2fs is buggy on every s5 kernel, don't use this)

- more overclocking on cpu and gpu
- sdfat updated
- tuned hot plugger enhanced
- xor and square root algorithms optimized for ARM
- boot time maybe a little faster with LZ4 compression (that's why kernel seems bigger)
- removed "read-ahead" code from kernel, don't bother changing read_ahead_kb because it won't work
- zcache (not zswap/zram) back on for now

- 266mhz undervoltable again.
- f2fs removed for now
- ext4 read_ahead blks reduced but not eliminated

- tweaks to zcache. still don't know if it's better with it on or off..
- tuned hotplugger will enable a core and put it on maximum freq right away!
- removed CPUBW_HWMON gpu governor
- tweaks to uv_oc table

- compiling with march=armv7-a mtune=cortex-a15

- linux 'fair' scheduler tuning
- zcache disabled
- more inlining while compiling

- more tuning on linux cpu fair scheduler and tuned governor
- revised all kernel configs (klte and variants)

- smooth screen animations
- new f2fs version
- maple scheduler tuned
- compiled with -funroll-loops but less function inlining

- f2fs should be working now
- new assembly optimizations

- boeffla app should work better now when changing cpu hotpluggers and charging voltages
- some governors are back
- using "system_freezable_power_efficient_wq" for disk events
- RoW and Maple schedulers tweaked
- ext4 tweaks
- fair scheduler tweaks

- GCC 9.1 (2019 compiler and toolchains)
- Compiling with -fgraphite -fgraphite-identity -fschedule-fusion -ftree-lrs
- tuned hotplugger with different algorithm

- number of online cores are now working on boeffla app
- boeffla app can raise input charger amperage to 2200
- minor gpu tweaks

- Tuned governor and hotplugger tweaked
- Saving more battery when suspended
- Merging sd reads/writes by default
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to fbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbs Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 06:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
thank you for great work
The Following User Says Thank You to warism100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift warism100 Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 09:26 PM |#5  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 1,290

More
Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drhedphuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drhedphuk Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 09:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
why a new thread?! and also the download link is missing.^^
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craP_cillA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift craP_cillA Ad-Free
27th January 2019, 10:15 PM |#7  
Flag Cardiff, South Wales
Thanks Meter: 236

More
Where's the download link, appears to be missing.
28th January 2019, 01:11 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag not in brazil

Donate to Me
More
xda is completely ****ed up
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbs Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 02:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbs

xda is completely ****ed up

told yu some weird **** going on ..

Sent from my unknown using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to darrendude1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darrendude1 Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 02:35 AM |#10  
Flag Canoas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thanks a lot for your work! But where do I get this kernel?
The Following User Says Thank You to TarzanSUD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TarzanSUD Ad-Free
29th January 2019, 03:31 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag not in brazil

Donate to Me
More
I've just upload a new version for klte only for now. TEST with los15.1 and 16 please.. and see if boeffla config app is still working with it..
and please don't flood this thread about the variants
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fbs Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)