FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[R&D]New CM ROM project - TESTERS NEEDED

5,127 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,583

By Rapier, Recognized Contributor on 15th September 2015, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody...I just moved on to this device and even if I've read this section for awhile and knew there's not much development I still have hope.

So, I've discussed with some people I know and there is at least the will to try to develop something. @javelinanddart made some nice kernels for my old device and he wants to make a CM ROM for S6 Edge. I know there were other attempts and I know they failed (at least here I couldn't find anything else).

He needs testers...and when I say tester I mean no newbies or users that just want to be cool..real, good testers. Someone who's able to flash and test kernels and ROMs, someone who has some medium to advanced knowledge and of course knows how to flash, take logcats and things like that. So don't jump in if you think you're not qualified. Devs are more than welcome to join this if they want to.

We would like to start a specific Hangouts chat for that to be easier to communicate, there will be NO public releases untill at least a bootable build is made. As with any other development, there is a small risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong but that's a risk we all know and accepted when we start flashing. So once again, THIS IS NOT FOR NEWBIES, please don't even think about asking to be a tester if that's the case.

If there is anyone interested, please let me know by posting here and send your Hangouts contact via PM (I don't want to have a public disclosure of personal info)

Also if there is detailed info about development for this device like kernel sources, device trees, vendor files and so on, please post the GITHUB links, it'll help the development.

Thank you...
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapier Ad-Free
15th September 2015, 09:00 PM |#2  
Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 1,873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

Hi everybody...I just moved on to this device and even if I've read this section for awhile and knew there's not much development I still have hope.

So, I've discussed with some people I know and there is at least the will to try to develop something. @javelinanddart made some nice kernels for my old device and he wants to make a CM ROM for S6 Edge. I know there were other attempts and I know they failed (at least here I couldn't find anything else).

He needs testers...and when I say tester I mean no newbies or users that just want to be cool..real, good testers. Someone who's able to flash and test kernels and ROMs, someone who has some medium to advanced knowledge and of course knows how to flash, take logcats and things like that. So don't jump in if you think you're not qualified. Devs are more than welcome to join this if they want to.

We would like to start a specific Hangouts chat for that to be easier to communicate, there will be NO public releases untill at least a bootable build is made. As with any other development, there is a small risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong but that's a risk we all know and accepted when we start flashing. So once again, THIS IS NOT FOR NEWBIES, please don't even think about asking to be a tester if that's the case.

If there is anyone interested, please let me know by posting here and send your Hangouts contact via PM (I don't want to have a public disclosure of personal info)

Also if there is detailed info about development for this device like kernel sources, device trees, vendor files and so on, please post the GITHUB links, it'll help the development.

Thank you...

Thanks for posting this. The kernel will probably be stock kernel with a few patches, i'll be releasing source for that immediately, however, the trees will be closed till we can get a booting build, once it boots, and maybe fix a few issues, I'll leave it there because I don't own the device (however clicking the donate buttons a few hundred times if you like the project might resolve that :P) Screenshots can be posted here, and updates on what works or if it boots or not can be posted here, but most of the discussion will be in the google hangouts chat.
I'm looking mostly at @BMc08GT's stuff right now, and mythos.... something I can't remember.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javelinanddart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2015, 09:05 PM |#3  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Check this guys http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=61785445
15th September 2015, 10:24 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2,583

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny camaro

Yes, we've checked that thread already but he said he's no longer working on S6 and his device start acting bad...so I don't think he will want to be into this, but maybe he can help with what knowledge gained during his tries
15th September 2015, 10:53 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny camaro

man..he wrote that allready (..... I know there were other attempts and I know they failed (at least here I couldn't find anything else)................)

so this was unneeded..

good luck at op..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex-V For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex-V Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 01:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,233

Donate to Me
More
thanks for trying port cm to s6 edge, good luck!!
17th September 2015, 02:51 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I'm in for testing. I've been doing this sort of stuff since Android version 0.7 on the HTC Vogue, so I'm no stranger to the type of effort involved. I'll PM you my Hangouts details now.
The Following User Says Thank You to craig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift craig0r Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 06:15 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I am up for testing on s6 edge g925f
17th September 2015, 09:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Um, if I'm not mistaken both GS6 Flat and Edge have the same hardware so maybe you can make this thread in Flat section? It would get to bigger audience. Also what about funding the device to @javelinanddart? I have seen fundraisers couple of times so maybe we will start one here too?
The Following User Says Thank You to Skreedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skreedi Ad-Free
17th September 2015, 09:35 PM |#10  
Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 1,873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skreedi

Um, if I'm not mistaken both GS6 Flat and Edge have the same hardware so maybe you can make this thread in Flat section? It would get to bigger audience. Also what about funding the device to @javelinanddart? I have seen fundraisers couple of times so maybe we will start one here too?

I need a T-Mobile S6 Edge then, i personally don't care about getting one, I'm trying to help @Rapier out. I'll do as much as I can but I'm busy AF with school right now, idk if this will get far, or how far it will get
The Following User Says Thank You to javelinanddart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2015, 10:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Tester
I am a tester for the g925f
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)