[R&D]New CM ROM project - TESTERS NEEDED

Search This thread

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi everybody...I just moved on to this device and even if I've read this section for awhile and knew there's not much development I still have hope.

So, I've discussed with some people I know and there is at least the will to try to develop something. @javelinanddart made some nice kernels for my old device and he wants to make a CM ROM for S6 Edge. I know there were other attempts and I know they failed (at least here I couldn't find anything else).

He needs testers...and when I say tester I mean no newbies or users that just want to be cool..real, good testers. Someone who's able to flash and test kernels and ROMs, someone who has some medium to advanced knowledge and of course knows how to flash, take logcats and things like that. So don't jump in if you think you're not qualified. Devs are more than welcome to join this if they want to.

We would like to start a specific Hangouts chat for that to be easier to communicate, there will be NO public releases untill at least a bootable build is made. As with any other development, there is a small risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong but that's a risk we all know and accepted when we start flashing. So once again, THIS IS NOT FOR NEWBIES, please don't even think about asking to be a tester if that's the case.

If there is anyone interested, please let me know by posting here and send your Hangouts contact via PM (I don't want to have a public disclosure of personal info)

Also if there is detailed info about development for this device like kernel sources, device trees, vendor files and so on, please post the GITHUB links, it'll help the development.

Thank you...

Last edited:

javelinanddart

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Hi everybody...I just moved on to this device and even if I've read this section for awhile and knew there's not much development I still have hope.

So, I've discussed with some people I know and there is at least the will to try to develop something. @javelinanddart made some nice kernels for my old device and he wants to make a CM ROM for S6 Edge. I know there were other attempts and I know they failed (at least here I couldn't find anything else).

He needs testers...and when I say tester I mean no newbies or users that just want to be cool..real, good testers. Someone who's able to flash and test kernels and ROMs, someone who has some medium to advanced knowledge and of course knows how to flash, take logcats and things like that. So don't jump in if you think you're not qualified. Devs are more than welcome to join this if they want to.

We would like to start a specific Hangouts chat for that to be easier to communicate, there will be NO public releases untill at least a bootable build is made. As with any other development, there is a small risk of bricking the device if something goes wrong but that's a risk we all know and accepted when we start flashing. So once again, THIS IS NOT FOR NEWBIES, please don't even think about asking to be a tester if that's the case.

If there is anyone interested, please let me know by posting here and send your Hangouts contact via PM (I don't want to have a public disclosure of personal info)

Also if there is detailed info about development for this device like kernel sources, device trees, vendor files and so on, please post the GITHUB links, it'll help the development.

Thank you...

Thanks for posting this. The kernel will probably be stock kernel with a few patches, i'll be releasing source for that immediately, however, the trees will be closed till we can get a booting build, once it boots, and maybe fix a few issues, I'll leave it there because I don't own the device (however clicking the donate buttons a few hundred times if you like the project might resolve that :p) Screenshots can be posted here, and updates on what works or if it boots or not can be posted here, but most of the discussion will be in the google hangouts chat.
I'm looking mostly at @BMc08GT's stuff right now, and mythos.... something I can't remember.

Last edited:

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
I'm in for testing. I've been doing this sort of stuff since Android version 0.7 on the HTC Vogue, so I'm no stranger to the type of effort involved. I'll PM you my Hangouts details now.

Reactions: LilAnt530

Skreedi

May 4, 2011
Um, if I'm not mistaken both GS6 Flat and Edge have the same hardware so maybe you can make this thread in Flat section? It would get to bigger audience. Also what about funding the device to @javelinanddart? I have seen fundraisers couple of times so maybe we will start one here too?

Reactions: Ripshod

javelinanddart

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Um, if I'm not mistaken both GS6 Flat and Edge have the same hardware so maybe you can make this thread in Flat section? It would get to bigger audience. Also what about funding the device to @javelinanddart? I have seen fundraisers couple of times so maybe we will start one here too?

I need a T-Mobile S6 Edge then, i personally don't care about getting one, I'm trying to help @Rapier out. I'll do as much as I can but I'm busy AF with school right now, idk if this will get far, or how far it will get

Reactions: giorgior.r

ad_on_is

Dec 21, 2008
Vienna
I recently got my SG6 edge, i love the phone, it's design, the camera, but i damn touchwiz. it makes the phone look so cheap and laggy. so guys go for it - i'd also help you in testing ;)

Skreedi

May 4, 2011
Edge and Flat version of Galaxy S6 share the same hardware so Flat version users can also participate in tests I suppose?

I know nothing about development but since we have unified kernels and roms that should be possible I think, right?

Wysłane z mojego One S przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you...
    I can help by Development and Testing too!
    just send me a PM ;)
    First AOSP running on S6

http://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-boots-up-its-first-aosp-rom/

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you...

Thanks for posting this. The kernel will probably be stock kernel with a few patches, i'll be releasing source for that immediately, however, the trees will be closed till we can get a booting build, once it boots, and maybe fix a few issues, I'll leave it there because I don't own the device (however clicking the donate buttons a few hundred times if you like the project might resolve that :p) Screenshots can be posted here, and updates on what works or if it boots or not can be posted here, but most of the discussion will be in the google hangouts chat.
    I'm looking mostly at @BMc08GT's stuff right now, and mythos.... something I can't remember.
    Making a thread makes you look smart.

Stop making these ****ty non real contributing comments, you are no klein kind anymore are you? You are not wrong, but XDA isn't the right place for this, maybe 4chan is. At least if you do want to troll do it smart and not getting a warning like earlier today http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63512884&postcount=282

Also I suggest to the OP to close this thread, since supposedly testers aren't needed anymore because there is no real source code/progress on the CM rom. When you achieve progres compiling a CM rom, re-open the thread. Goodluck with the process.