Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2,582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokogator

@Rapier
You can also try disabling volte if you didn't already (that may help with high cell standby usage), but 6h SOT I have to admit is a nice score, cpu has less stuff to do without all that bloatware. I'm assuming you use wifi only?

Wysłane z mojego D6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Please, read my previous posts.... We don't have VoLTE and WiFi calling in Romania. Those options do not exist in our ROMs. So unfortunately that won't help us with the cell standby issue.

Yes, I am mostly using WiFi (both at work and home) and have 4G/LTE just when driving or going out, but that's much less than WiFi usage. And I don't use Facebook so this will help battery life as well as I understood that FB is a high battery drain factor. My usage consists of browsing (Dolphin Browser), whatsapp, viber, skype, e-mail, Tapatalk, Word, ocazional navigation, camera... No listening to music, no movies

Sent from nowhere over the air...

28th September 2015, 10:13 PM |#1272  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

Please, read my previous posts.... We don't have VoLTE and WiFi calling in Romania. Those options do not exist in our ROMs. So unfortunately that won't help us with the cell standby issue.

Yes, I am mostly using WiFi (both at work and home) and have 4G/LTE just when driving or going out, but that's much less than WiFi usage. And I don't use Facebook so this will help battery life as well as I understood that FB is a high battery drain factor. My usage consists of browsing (Dolphin Browser), whatsapp, viber, skype, e-mail, Tapatalk, Word, ocazional navigation, camera... No listening to music, no movies

You need to stop trolling this thread. You get over 24 hours of standby on a charge, which means 'cell standby' is going to be at the top of the battery users. Even otherwise, you get good battery life so please let others speak - those who have actual battery problems. Common sense.

Stop clogging the thread please.
28th September 2015, 10:29 PM |#1273  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa

You need to stop trolling this thread. You get over 24 hours of standby on a charge, which means 'cell standby' is going to be at the top of the battery users. Common sense.

Stop clogging the thread please.

I am not trolling anything, you need to look for this word's definition. I just answered to questions I was directly asked. I've also posted the setup I have for Package Disabler Pro and that was also something I was asked. If you don't like my posts, please don't read them, move along. On the other hand, you had 3 posts lately in this thread, totally useless and without even reading the questions you were answering, or without knowing the particularities of our carier or provider. You just assumed you're the smartest guy and we didn't thought about that. Guess what...you were wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapier Ad-Free
29th September 2015, 05:37 AM |#1274  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Personally I didn't know the meaning of trolling. Now I know cause I have searched the meaning of this word. I think Rapier didn't troll anyone. This forums has to help people about this thread, "battery life" . Rapier lets speak all people. Did he say the opposite? I didn't read that in all his words. He only put how he obtain that great duration in his consumption. Please, we have to be positive and let people say what they think. This is the best of the forums and learn the best of us to increase our batteries.

Enviado desde mi SM-G925F mediante Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpboronat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rpboronat Ad-Free
30th September 2015, 02:58 AM |#1275  
Flag kalamazoo, MI
Thanks Meter: 9

More
So what in the world don't you have disabled? Lol. Have you noticed any negatives to having all that stuff disabled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier

I've attached the screenshots from the app...

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
30th September 2015, 04:49 AM |#1276  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrostbite

So what in the world don't you have disabled? Lol. Have you noticed any negatives to having all that stuff disabled?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Not at all. Everything works, at least what I use. Ofc, if someone has Samsung Gear or uses the S Voice, Health and so on, those shouldn't be disabled. But there are alot of bloatware apps along with services I never use so I don't find any reason to keep them running and eating resources

The Following User Says Thank You to Rapier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rapier Ad-Free
30th September 2015, 06:16 AM |#1277  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have tried to disable all the apps Rapier has told and all works well. I have seen an increase of battery. I will send you screenshots about it.

Enviado desde mi SM-G925F mediante Tapatalk
30th September 2015, 10:02 AM |#1278  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
S6 Edge 2600mah battery is smaller than the 2800mah one on the S5, and the Edge has a higher-resolution screen. I'm not a heavy battery user, but the phone left me with around 50% battery life at the end of the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to ellmoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ellmoon Ad-Free
2nd October 2015, 01:06 AM |#1279  
Thanks Meter: 925

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellmoon

S6 Edge 2600mah battery is smaller than the 2800mah one on the S5, and the Edge has a higher-resolution screen. I'm not a heavy battery user, but the phone left me with around 50% battery life at the end of the day.

The S6 has a 64bit processor however which uses less power than the 32 bit chip in the S5.
2nd October 2015, 11:11 AM |#1280  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Does everybody else have so that even without using the phone 10% of battery equals to one hour? Like now I have 75% left and I haven't touched it much and phone says that roughly 7,5 hours left. This is ridiculous!
2nd October 2015, 11:08 PM |#1281  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyAndy

Does everybody else have so that even without using the phone 10% of battery equals to one hour? Like now I have 75% left and I haven't touched it much and phone says that roughly 7,5 hours left. This is ridiculous!

Had the same problem..had to factory reset...get ridd of all the 3rd party widgets like Zooper, HD widgets, removed the launcher and so on... now i have it stock, wich looks like a gipsy...but at least it drains only 3% by night. Nasty thing now is that i have lag in the transition between homescreens. in almost one month had factory reset it 4 times, cleared the cache partition many times, still laggy. I'm using package disabler with the same configuration as Rapier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roland Fediuc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roland Fediuc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)