FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fresh start with G925A with 7.0 (root and Rom?)

1,141 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By veener79, Senior Member on 5th October 2017, 04:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After giving up on rooting my AT&T phone well over a year ago this week I just found out rooting was available. Right now I am leaving AT&T and going over to T-mobile. I would like to get all the AT&T software off my phone since I will be with T-Mobile.

In searching for rooting ( I have not done it since my HTC One) I see rooting for 5.1 and 6.0. Right now my phone is running 7.0. Can you root with 7.0 running?

When flashing a Rom do I have to find ones that are specific to G925A?

Thanks for any help confirming this. I just do not want to brick this phone. First time I do things like this I want to make sure I have all my information correct.

2nd December 2017, 12:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
bump
2nd December 2017, 07:21 AM |#3  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 686

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79

After giving up on rooting my AT&T phone well over a year ago this week I just found out rooting was available. Right now I am leaving AT&T and going over to T-mobile. I would like to get all the AT&T software off my phone since I will be with T-Mobile.

In searching for rooting ( I have not done it since my HTC One) I see rooting for 5.1 and 6.0. Right now my phone is running 7.0. Can you root with 7.0 running?

When flashing a Rom do I have to find ones that are specific to G925A?

Thanks for any help confirming this. I just do not want to brick this phone. First time I do things like this I want to make sure I have all my information correct.

So your just switching carriers to T-Mobile? And your using the same phone G925A?

It still has a locked bootloader so it's still not rootable. From what I can find you can root 6.0.1 on an older firmware with ENG boot firmware. But not for 7.0.
@ThatAngryGnome
8th April 2019, 11:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i need G925AUCS7ERC1 7.0 root file
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)