[GENERAL HELP]Noob Friendly : Post Your Questions Here

1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 710

Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to
https://img.xda-cdn.com/qf8RCRGq4bdc1mclXPY5QJJy_2k=/http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.xda-developers.com%2Fdevdb%2FdeviceForum%2Fscreenshots%2F4064%2F20150304T020746.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters
... @abhishekr700
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!!
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free

15th March 2015, 01:40 PM |#2  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Was wondering if the fingerprint scanner can be used with encryption without strange workarounds like I did on my note 4.

Has samsung finally made fingerprint scanner Microsoft Exchange friendly?
26th March 2015, 06:03 PM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Will the S6 Edge 128gb be launched all over or just few countries
The Following User Says Thank You to ilordvader For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilordvader Ad-Free
27th March 2015, 03:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am considering switching from Verizon to AT&T, for a few reasons:

1.) There seems to be a trend of AT&T devices getting updates substantially sooner than Verizon devices
2.) Due to using GSM instead of CDMA, it's easier/cheaper to find unlocked/off-contract devices for AT&T
3.) I live and work near a major metro area, so coverage should easily be as good

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks.
28th March 2015, 06:37 PM |#5  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleynn

I am considering switching from Verizon to AT&T, for a few reasons:

1.) There seems to be a trend of AT&T devices getting updates substantially sooner than Verizon devices
2.) Due to using GSM instead of CDMA, it's easier/cheaper to find unlocked/off-contract devices for AT&T
3.) I live and work near a major metro area, so coverage should easily be as good

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks.

Att and Verizon like to lock their bootloaders. I haven't even put my pre-order in for my T-Mobile device because I don't know if they are going to follow the trend of att and Verizon. But I guess it depends on what your plan on doing with your device.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
29th March 2015, 02:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Not understanding the point of this thread. This sub-forum is for questions. If questions are asked here there is a better chance of them getting buried and not answered. Just my 2 cents
31st March 2015, 06:49 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkeyhnter

Not understanding the point of this thread. This sub-forum is for questions. If questions are asked here there is a better chance of them getting buried and not answered. Just my 2 cents

To keep xda clean

You guyz should discuss small questions here but you dont...

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 08:41 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
Hey everyone ...please use this thread for questions and answers...
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free
4th October 2015, 11:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekr700

Hey everyone ...please use this thread for questions and answers...

Okay then, I have a T-Mobile Galaxy s6 Edge and our dev forum is a ghost town. Which ROMs are safe for me to flash? I'm running latest doi1 update. Can I flash pretty much any rom from any s6 Edge forum as long as its 5.1.1?
5th October 2015, 11:47 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

More
As far as it is from your own android version , you can use any rom.
To see whether it is safe or not read what other users have replied , it will give yoyu a general idea about the bugs and features of the rom

Please press the thanks button...
6th October 2015, 07:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
wow a whole topic for self promotion, this will soon be tumble weed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)