2,219 posts
Thanks Meter: 513

By bibiner, Senior Member on 12th June 2015, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2015, 05:18 PM |#121  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 203

More
So apparently this is some built in feature within lollipop of expiring quick setting toggles you don't use after 30 days. Coincidentally i've had my phone for about 30 days. I guess most people here had their phone around the same time, which is why you are now experiencing this problem. Stupid programming, stupid features, not enough user control!!! I hope there is a non-root solution for all us unrooted folk.

Check out this crap:
Source: ( http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/11/u...-5-0-lollipop/ )

Unused tiles will automatically disappear from Quick Settings in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Google has given Quick Settings a major revamp with Android 5.0 Lollipop and filled it with useful toggles that people actually use in day-to-day life. One neat little feature that the company has added in Lollipop for Quick Settings is that unused items will automatically disappear after a certain time.

For example, if you don’t use W-Fi hotspot quick tile in Lollipop for a certain amount of time, it will automatically disappear. Similarly, if you frequently use an option from the Settings menu, it will automagically appear as a tile in Quick Settings.

However, Google does not provide a way to bring back a toggle that is removed, or remove one that comes up automatically.

As pointed out on Reddit by user eak125 though, you can fast forward, or go back a month or two in time to remove any unwanted toggles. To remove an unused toggle, simply head over to Settings -> Date & Time and change the date to a month from now. The unused quick tile will then automatically disappear. Do note though that the default toggles in Lollipop will always be present no matter what.
There is also another way to reset the Quick Settings tile using ADB, but the process is more cumbersome than the one pointed out by eak125.

Considering how limited quick settings was in KitKat, it is nice to see that Google has added such thoughtful new features to it in Lollipop to enhance its usability.
14th June 2015, 05:22 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozaghloul

So apparently this is some built in feature within lollipop of expiring quick setting toggles you don't use after 30 days. Coincidentally i've had my phone for about 30 days. I guess most people here had their phone around the same time, which is why you are now experiencing this problem. Stupid programming, stupid features, not enough user control!!! I hope there is a non-root solution for all us unrooted folk.

Check out this crap:
Source: ( http://www.androidbeat.com/2014/11/u...-5-0-lollipop/ )

Unused tiles will automatically disappear from Quick Settings in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Google has given Quick Settings a major revamp with Android 5.0 Lollipop and filled it with useful toggles that people actually use in day-to-day life. One neat little feature that the company has added in Lollipop for Quick Settings is that unused items will automatically disappear after a certain time.

For example, if you don’t use W-Fi hotspot quick tile in Lollipop for a certain amount of time, it will automatically disappear. Similarly, if you frequently use an option from the Settings menu, it will automagically appear as a tile in Quick Settings.

However, Google does not provide a way to bring back a toggle that is removed, or remove one that comes up automatically.

As pointed out on Reddit by user eak125 though, you can fast forward, or go back a month or two in time to remove any unwanted toggles. To remove an unused toggle, simply head over to Settings -> Date & Time and change the date to a month from now. The unused quick tile will then automatically disappear. Do note though that the default toggles in Lollipop will always be present no matter what.
There is also another way to reset the Quick Settings tile using ADB, but the process is more cumbersome than the one pointed out by eak125.

Considering how limited quick settings was in KitKat, it is nice to see that Google has added such thoughtful new features to it in Lollipop to enhance its usability.

So.. I use my data toggle around 4 times a day. Why would it disappear ?

Also, I got this s6 2 weeks ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to swa100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swa100 Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 05:24 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimeniAltu

Search in The playstore for Multiwindow toggle and you find an app that can add a multiwindow toggle without root . Maybe someone ca-n rewrite it to add The missing ones

EDIT: Modified myself the app for adding the mobile data toggle and works, apk attached, just click add multiwindow toggle and data toggle should be there

Use the thanks button if this work for you

It worked 😍 now the only toggles missing are hotspot and private mode! But thanks anyway! You just saved the day 💖
14th June 2015, 05:32 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The same problem in Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArjunI

It was there y'day but today the data toggle and mobile hot spot are both missing on the notification bar.
A lot of users are facing the same issue since today morning.
Is there a FIX ?

The same problem in Romania.
I tried to fill the online complaint form on Samsung's website, but it doesn't work (it's impossible to upload files, despite the issue is required; their website does not recognize the phone model or serial number, although the information is there and selected by their popups). What a tech support...
14th June 2015, 05:35 PM |#125  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathst

The reason why they are disappearing is because Google's implementation of quick toggles will disappear after 30 days after it was last used.

I understand what you're saying, but I guess it's not the case with that issue, apparently these tree toggles disappeared from many Galaxy S6 Edge (I haven't heard from Galaxy S6 owners having the same issue) today around the world, mobile data, hotspot and private mode. If this new lollipop feature was the case, these would not be the toggles to disappear in my phone and many others.
14th June 2015, 05:40 PM |#126  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 203

More
I agree with you. I used Hotspot all the time, so it definitely wasn't unused. However I think this might be a bug related to this feature. One stupid line of code somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ozaghloul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozaghloul Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 05:56 PM |#127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozaghloul

I agree with you. I used Hotspot all the time, so it definitely wasn't unused. However I think this might be a bug related to this feature. One stupid line of code somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah, it could be related indeed
14th June 2015, 06:37 PM |#128  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

EDIT: Modified myself the app for adding the mobile data toggle and works, apk attached, just click add multiwindow toggle and data toggle should be there

Use the thanks button if this works for you

Awesome...it work on my s6 edge
14th June 2015, 07:53 PM |#129  
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Apk attached to re-add Wi-Fi hotspot toggle

Currently not fixed private mode toggle

Hope it works

Thanks to the developer of the app
Attached Files
File Type: apk WifiHotspotToggle.apk - [Click for QR Code] (925.0 KB, 28966 views)
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to NimeniAltu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NimeniAltu Ad-Free
14th June 2015, 08:02 PM |#130  

More
Quote:

Apk attached to re-add Wi-Fi hotspot toggle

Currently not fixed private mode toggle

Hope it works

It works! Great work!
14th June 2015, 08:28 PM |#131  

More
Same from Spain (stock and unrooted vodafone rom)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)