FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen Rotation Issue

119 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By 5harkology, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 03:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I received my sprint s6 edge today and have noticed that the screen will randomly go to landscape while browsing without any or very little movement and then it will get stuck in landscape. The only way to get it back to portrait is to return to the homescreen or another screen that forces portrait view.

Anyone else experiencimg this issue?

9th April 2015, 10:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
It's very odd I seem to be the only person with this problem. I've never had this issue on a phone before. I've noticed it seems to get stuck in landscape most often when using the stock browser, but it does happen with other apps.
9th April 2015, 10:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My screen doesnt rotate at all .i have galaxy edge sprint version.im ok with it though but it kind of sucks that i cant figure put the issue
9th April 2015, 10:42 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian288

My screen doesnt rotate at all .i have galaxy edge sprint version.im ok with it though but it kind of sucks that i cant figure put the issue

How can you be okay with it? Lol. It drives crazy. So yours doesn't do into landscape at all?
9th April 2015, 11:00 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology

How can you be okay with it? Lol. It drives crazy. So yours doesn't do into landscape at all?

Nope .well yes if i force it to like when im in the youtube app for example i can swtich it there by pressing the button. I guess im loving the phone soo much right now that im overlooking the auto rotation as something minor .i hope they push an update to fix it .im still trying to search for a solution myself
10th April 2015, 09:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mine is totally stuck as well, ie thats broken. Anyone got any ideas on this, I am seeing more and more people on various forums with the issue.

At this point its back to AT&T for me....
10th April 2015, 10:05 PM |#7  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
it only rotates within the APP. To obtain full rotation you have to have a 3rd party app like NOVA and enable screen orientation within the settings.
10th April 2015, 10:09 PM |#8  

More
Mine just started doing this today too. Noticed it first with my camera app symbols being upside down and all my pictures coming out upside down too. Then realized my screen rotation isn't working.
10th April 2015, 11:45 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1one

it only rotates within the APP. To obtain full rotation you have to have a 3rd party app like NOVA and enable screen orientation within the settings.

Nope not true..it doesnt even work with nova launcher installed...also anyone noticing the people edge lighting not working either...the phone is supposed to flash colors depending on the contacts when faced down...buts its not doing it for me
11th April 2015, 01:41 AM |#10  

More
Screen rotation not working for me either. ..

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app
11th April 2015, 03:37 AM |#11  

More
Hopefully this is just a software thing and they can push out a quick update.

Just realized that my screen rotation was normal before the update. I took a couple pictures at some point before the update and those are the only ones not upside down.

Has everyone with an issue installed the update? Anyone notice if it started afterwards?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)