FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CF-Auto-Root

11,010 posts
Thanks Meter: 83,903
 
By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 16th March 2015, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The first S6 Edge roots are available from the repository: http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ !

Note that the stock kernel currently has an issue preventing the device from going into "deep sleep" if a custom recovery is flashed (which is what this does). A fix for this issue can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=49. This fix will also work if you replace the recovery with for example TWRP.
The Following 89 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
30th March 2015, 11:58 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
im trying to root my tmobile sm-g925t s6 edge and in odin it is stuck on nand write start.. what should i do?
31st March 2015, 12:14 AM |#3  
Alex-V's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,289
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yubby

im trying to root my tmobile sm-g925t s6 edge and in odin it is stuck on nand write start.. what should i do?

is your bootloader unlocked..?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427757271622.jpg
Views:	30362
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	3237243  
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex-V For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2015, 12:55 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yubby

im trying to root my tmobile sm-g925t s6 edge and in odin it is stuck on nand write start.. what should i do?

Same issue here. I've tried all the "Odin" tricks.. different cables, different PCs, latest drivers, several reboots, different Odin versions, etc.... All the same, stuck on "NAND Write Start". Hoping for a fix soon.
31st March 2015, 01:00 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Yes the sm-g925t is on the list
The Following User Says Thank You to yubby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yubby Ad-Free
31st March 2015, 01:02 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
From looking at the other threads, specifically the non-edge S6 auto root thread, everyone is in the same boat. We just need to wait for Chainfire to update. Like an idiot, I accepted the out-of-the-box OTA although others are saying they are having the same issue without the OTA update.
31st March 2015, 04:07 AM |#7  
dhonzik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

is your bootloader unlocked..?

All t-mobile phones have unlocked bootloaders
31st March 2015, 06:23 AM |#8  
XxSilent.NightmarexX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles/El Monte
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayhew

From looking at the other threads, specifically the non-edge S6 auto root thread, everyone is in the same boat. We just need to wait for Chainfire to update. Like an idiot, I accepted the out-of-the-box OTA although others are saying they are having the same issue without the OTA update.

mine is bricked. i tried to root and it wont get passed the first screen. cant even access recovery. i cant even get the phone to turn off
31st March 2015, 04:54 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Damn I bricked mine too. Used Odin 3.10.6, got a successful flash but it won't get past the booting screen, won't shut off, can only really access Download Mode. Which I've tried using different suggestions but still failed to get it to boot up or put into recovery to complete the root process.
31st March 2015, 05:41 PM |#10  
gdmlaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 608
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowk91

Damn I bricked mine too. Used Odin 3.10.6, got a successful flash but it won't get past the booting screen, won't shut off, can only really access Download Mode. Which I've tried using different suggestions but still failed to get it to boot up or put into recovery to complete the root process.

I would be really pissed if my new edge will be stuck before i even got to play with it...... Hope you guys get it working back asap
31st March 2015, 05:45 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
How did you get it to be successful flash? I tried ODIN 3.10.6 with the available CF-Auto_root and continue to get stuck at NANO WRITE! Of course i accepted the OTA right out of box also.

Wonder why we have different results of "same task"
The Following User Says Thank You to FieldsInc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FieldsInc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes