FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want Overclocking?

Absolutely YES!

9 Vote(s)
33.33%
No, NEVER!!

7 Vote(s)
25.93%
I don't care, better add Unicorns!

11 Vote(s)
40.74%

[TW][5.1.1][G925F/T/I/W8][30. June][Synapse] SimplKernel

1,015 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,660

By mythos234, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd April 2015, 11:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mythos234: SimplKernel testbuild for 5.1.1 BOFJ (G925F Exclusive for now) released
29th June 2015, 02:12 AM |#881  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythos234

Unified Build for G92x is running fine so far.
Unanswered PMs with numbers will be answered and added to WhatsApp shortly. Testers for G920 (Flat S6) please PM me your numbers so I can add you to the WhatsApp group, if you are interested
No matter if T, W8 or F.
Next version will come very soon for 5.1.1 and ship as R5U - U for Unified.
*finally something works*

Thanks to @g.lewarne of course, I have doubted the success of unification from day 1. I was wrong and I'm sorry. Kudos!

I would love to test it, but I don't have whatsapp. Any other way?

30th June 2015, 10:49 PM |#882  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Wrocław

Donate to Me
More
Red face Testbuild for G92xF/T/(W8) (5.1.1) UNIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightoffyoredeamons

I would love to test it, but I don't have whatsapp. Any other way?

Ahh, not really, sorry. I tried that once and couldn't manage all the people on various platforms Thanks for volunteering though!
You can try the first public beta build for 5.1.1 though.

5.1.1 based (BOFJ) build for G92x (Unified)
Read the text. It's a lot, but it's a build untested on the G920, posted for trying, NOT a stable
release by any means. Not until it was tested.. Especially W8 users, extra-important for you.
ONLY FOR 5.1.1 USERS

Soo, long story short. I've been talking with @g.lewarne and this build should work on all variants on which his build works.
Since it's based off 5.1.1, it should support:

G92xF/T/(W8)

Important - READ FIRST
Why not others? Haven't tried L/S/K yet and the I-variant hasn't gotten 5.1.1 or nobody has told me. W8 doesn't seem to have a new bootloader, at least on the Edge. You might want to stay away from it, if your Rom has support for Fingerprint..
That actually counts for anyone who doesn't use the new bootloader along with a 5.1.1 Rom.
I won't stop you from trying it, but without the new bootloader running, the first boot will probably work. The second will not. You will need Odin.
Lack of Fingerprint in the Rom could avert that, but I don't guarantee anything. Best stay away from it.

Super important!!!
This is a test build. We are so far running it on G925F and W8 ourselves, but nobody ever tried running it on the flat S6. With all the patches I'm fairly confident that a flash should merely be a formality, but who knows what will happen.. I certainly have no idea, since no one tried. The OP disclaimer counts as usual, you are the first ones to actually run this.
Please report a success on your variant or any problems encountering while on the build. If it boots. Lol.
Don't bother trying it on CDMA phones. It will not work.

Prerequisites:

- You must have a 5.1.1 Rom running (or stock)
- You must have the 5.1.1 Bootloader. Else you will face great pains, trust me on that.
- 5.1.1 TWRP required too
- You must have read the text above. Seriously, it's really important.

Changelog
Code:
- Still no custom governors. Yet.
- Direct Memory Acces as in RXF is back aboard finally
- fixed a Synapse derp in VM (there are more where this came from)
- Unification
- Rest is same to previous 5.1.1 build

Download
Please test in-call audio (for everyone)

Known possible problems:
With this 5.1.1 firmware we are facing some really weird struggles. It's almost as if something was randomly making our day harder.
In one case, my touchkey lights tend to turn off and then back on after a while. No one else could confirm this one yet.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mythos234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mythos234 Ad-Free
1st July 2015, 12:01 AM |#883  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythos234

Ahh, not really, sorry. I tried that once and couldn't manage all the people on various platforms Thanks for volunteering though!
You can try the first public beta build for 5.1.1 though.

5.1.1 based (BOFJ) build for G92x (Unified)
Read the text. It's a lot, but it's a build untested on the G920, posted for trying, NOT a stable
release by any means. Not until it was tested.. Especially W8 users, extra-important for you.
ONLY FOR 5.1.1 USERS

Soo, long story short. I've been talking with @g.lewarne and this build should work on all variants on which his build works.
Since it's based off 5.1.1, it should support:

G92xF/T/(W8)

Important - READ FIRST
Why not others? Haven't tried L/S/K yet and the I-variant hasn't gotten 5.1.1 or nobody has told me. W8 doesn't seem to have a new bootloader, at least on the Edge. You might want to stay away from it, if your Rom has support for Fingerprint..
That actually counts for anyone who doesn't use the new bootloader along with a 5.1.1 Rom.
I won't stop you from trying it, but without the new bootloader running, the first boot will probably work. The second will not. You will need Odin.
Lack of Fingerprint in the Rom could avert that, but I don't guarantee anything. Best stay away from it.

Super important!!!
This is a test build. We are so far running it on G925F and W8 ourselves, but nobody ever tried running it on the flat S6. With all the patches I'm fairly confident that a flash should merely be a formality, but who knows what will happen.. I certainly have no idea, since no one tried. The OP disclaimer counts as usual, you are the first ones to actually run this.
Please report a success on your variant or any problems encountering while on the build. If it boots. Lol.
Don't bother trying it on CDMA phones. It will not work.

Prerequisites:

- You must have a 5.1.1 Rom running (or stock)
- You must have the 5.1.1 Bootloader. Else you will face great pains, trust me on that.
- 5.1.1 TWRP required too
- You must have read the text above. Seriously, it's really important.

Changelog
Code:
- Still no custom governors. Yet.
- Direct Memory Acces as in RXF is back aboard finally
- fixed a Synapse derp in VM (there are more where this came from)
- Unification
- Rest is same to previous 5.1.1 build

Download

Please test in-call audio (for everyone)

Known possible problems:
With this 5.1.1 firmware we are facing some really weird struggles. It's almost as if something was randomly making our day harder.
In one case, my touchkey lights tend to turn off and then back on after a while. No one else could confirm this one yet.

Everything is running perfectly for me!
1st July 2015, 12:28 AM |#884  
Morgan Hill, CA
Thanks Meter: 828

More
works great on 920T. would it be possible to incorporate root with the kernel?
1st July 2015, 12:39 AM |#885  
Flag Wrocław

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightoffyoredeamons

Everything is running perfectly for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaneet

works great on 920T. would it be possible to incorporate root with the kernel?

Thats awesome to hear
Yes, sure. I had that aboard for a short while but threw it out again. But I can integrate root into the final release, no problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mythos234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mythos234 Ad-Free
1st July 2015, 09:27 AM |#886  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 77

More
925F 4G don't work for me (mobile data)

with UniKernel works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spirit81 Ad-Free
1st July 2015, 10:29 AM |#887  
Flag Wrocław

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit81

925F 4G don't work for me (mobile data)

with UniKernel works fine

Problem must be on your end, probably unlucky reception. If the kernel and modem work together then the modem powers up correctly, which it does in this case. 4G works for me and none of the testers reported anything. If there was a problem related, the entire network would be down, not just 4G
3rd July 2015, 08:13 AM |#888  
Thanks Meter: 513

More
If my phone is stock and I ota to 5.1.1 . Will I have 5.1.1 bootloader? Or I must use odin?
3rd July 2015, 05:57 PM |#889  
Flag Wrocław

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 SimplKernel Unified (5.1.1) Stable released / 5.0.2 cut off
Hello there,

the Unified 5.1.1 Build is now considered Stable Thanks to everyone who tested.
The Thread now has a new home in the Unified Section.

Changelog
Code:
- Added simplgov
- pre-rooted
- Removed sqlite3
New Thread / Download(s)

Quote:

Click here

There will be NO 5.0.2 builds past RXF for ANY variant.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mythos234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mythos234 Ad-Free
7th July 2015, 07:53 PM |#890  
Flag Wrocław

Donate to Me
More
We have a new thread to call home, this thread will no longer be updated..
Follow the link to get to the new thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3149460
19th September 2015, 09:23 AM |#891  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Can I flash this on my SM G925I with baseband version ending with COF8 and currently on stock Lollypop 5.1.1.
Also can't find the download link;can somebody please direct me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)