[ROM][SM-G920F][zerofltexx] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL for the Galaxy S6

447 posts
Thanks Meter: 510

By Sub_Zero2, Senior Member on 10th March 2019, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2019, 11:05 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
installed everything as per instructions....
i dont feel i did anything wrong, i followed instructions and installed everything in twrp, after the last step i chose to reboot the phone but its stuck on the Samsung galaxy s6 screen and wont load the OS... is there something i can do to fix this ?

27th August 2019, 05:51 PM |#122  
Flag Fortim
Thanks Meter: 7

More
HWC?
2nd September 2019, 10:00 PM |#123  

More
Hi,
i prefer this version for samsung S6 instead of lineageOS 16.
LineageOS 15.1 supports better S6. Excellent work.
Let me disturb you, will you continue to update this custom rom?
Thanks
3rd September 2019, 09:30 AM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sørreisa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzio

Hi,
i prefer this version for samsung S6 instead of lineageOS 16.
LineageOS 15.1 supports better S6. Excellent work.
Let me disturb you, will you continue to update this custom rom?
Thanks

No I won't continue as I don't have time to contribute to the original developers' work. I'll leave the building to their team. They also have lineageos 15.1 builds at the moment.
There's a lot going on in their telegram group.
10th September 2019, 05:51 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_Zero2

No I won't continue as I don't have time to contribute to the original developers' work. I'll leave the building to their team. They also have lineageos 15.1 builds at the moment.
There's a lot going on in their telegram group.

Where do you mean, exactly?
TIA,
Zsolt
10th September 2019, 05:31 PM |#126  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sørreisa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by szazs89

Where do you mean, exactly?
TIA,
Zsolt

Here:
[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][9.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 16.0

You can find the telegram group link in the first post.

The devs there are releasing signed builds of lineageos 16.0, and they are working on enforcing selinux. (Don't ask for ETA's though)
13th September 2019, 09:43 PM |#127  

More
rom seems to work fine, just some recurring issues I can never get to be solved.

- call on speaker has echo for person on the other line
- built in mic is quiet
- bluetooth headphones do not work
- headphones/earphones mic does not work
(audio works, mic does not)
- Discord app is unusable even without earphones/headphones when on voice detect mode and not push to talk. common problem with custom roms it seems...
- gps doesn't work

G920F baseband G920FXXU5EQHC
kernel 3.10.61-g83f4992a577-dirty (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) )
[email protected] #5 Sat Jul 13 00:42:11 CEST 2019

can anyone point me to a custom rom that will actually work?

I keep having to fall back on lame official roms to get things to work properly for basic functionality...
I'm not even on about VoLTE and all that because we don't even have that stuff.
14th September 2019, 01:08 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
> can anyone point me to a custom rom that will actually work?

I'm having good luck with DotOS, Evolution 2.0 seems to lock location on in various buggy ways and kills the battery, but with DotOS I keep picking up my phone and it feels cold.
14th September 2019, 06:19 PM |#129  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sørreisa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcoon

rom seems to work fine, just some recurring issues I can never get to be solved.

- call on speaker has echo for person on the other line
- built in mic is quiet
- bluetooth headphones do not work
- headphones/earphones mic does not work
(audio works, mic does not)
- Discord app is unusable even without earphones/headphones when on voice detect mode and not push to talk. common problem with custom roms it seems...
- gps doesn't work

G920F baseband G920FXXU5EQHC
kernel 3.10.61-g83f4992a577-dirty (gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC) )
[email protected] #5 Sat Jul 13 00:42:11 CEST 2019

can anyone point me to a custom rom that will actually work?

I keep having to fall back on lame official roms to get things to work properly for basic functionality...
I'm not even on about VoLTE and all that because we don't even have that stuff.

[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][9.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 16.0
14th September 2019, 08:12 PM |#130  

More
thanks, I just tried this, but yet again, wired headphones &/ earphones mic does not work, terrible echo from call on speaker... anything I can do?

the headphones and earphones are not broken & this stuff works on android 7.0/stock roms so it can't be my hardware

edit: Is it my kernel? I don't know anything about kernels but afaik they are responsible for the drivers/hardware-software layer interactions right?
am I meant to flash another kernel when installing this? is the required kernel included?

& before you ask, I always do a clean install, complete factory wipe, wiped dalvik cache, no custom kernel - don't even have xposed installed before these problems show up.. hell I don't think I even have magisk on it right now. do I need that already for these things to work?

do I have a special snowflake phone? I don't understand - are these issues not a thing on everyone else's G920F , because these issues show up release after release of LineageOS and other similar roms - I have similar problems on ResurrectionRemix and all the other famous roms...

the ONLY roms I do not have problems with are roms that go as far as the official supported release -- Android 7.0
so LightROM is the best thing I could find where everything worked, except that the theme is piss ugly and idk how to put pixel theme on other than substratum which I can't even seem to install

Sorry if I'm a bit of a noob at this but it's frustrating
17th September 2019, 09:26 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcoon

thanks, I just tried this, but yet again, wired headphones &/ earphones mic does not work, terrible echo from call on speaker... anything I can do?

the headphones and earphones are not broken & this stuff works on android 7.0/stock roms so it can't be my hardware

edit: Is it my kernel? I don't know anything about kernels but afaik they are responsible for the drivers/hardware-software layer interactions right?
am I meant to flash another kernel when installing this? is the required kernel included?

& before you ask, I always do a clean install, complete factory wipe, wiped dalvik cache, no custom kernel - don't even have xposed installed before these problems show up.. hell I don't think I even have magisk on it right now. do I need that already for these things to work?

do I have a special snowflake phone? I don't understand - are these issues not a thing on everyone else's G920F , because these issues show up release after release of LineageOS and other similar roms - I have similar problems on ResurrectionRemix and all the other famous roms...

the ONLY roms I do not have problems with are roms that go as far as the official supported release -- Android 7.0
so LightROM is the best thing I could find where everything worked, except that the theme is piss ugly and idk how to put pixel theme on other than substratum which I can't even seem to install

Sorry if I'm a bit of a noob at this but it's frustrating

It looks like you are running an older baseband (modem) firmware so you could try updating that (https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...ware/SM-G920F/). I have been building Lineage 15.1 for S6 & S6 Edge for a while now and I have never had issues with wired headsets. Are you really sure its not hardware? I thought I had a similar issue that I blamed on the ROM, however it turned out to be fluff in the 3.5mm socket.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)