Galaxy S6 Official Oreo Update

Search This thread

AhmedKhan123

Account currently disabled
Nov 30, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
In post #9 , a member/developer showed a screenshot of oreo. If anyone can provide the kernel of that rom, i shall be very thankful.
I actually made an oreo rom but it didn't booted because i didn't had proper kernel. If anyone could provide kernel i shall be thankful.

DqrKn3Zz

Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2015
México
t.me
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
OnePlus 10 Pro

Shaden Stewart

Nov 26, 2014
Because that's spam, nobody want to read a full page of models

It's spam? Compared to the hundred of posts that will be on this thread in a couple weeks or months a few posts including models will not spam this thread. You saying something about it and us going on about it is causing there to be spam. Get a different phone and use a different guide if you don't want to see it.

Izy

It's spam? Compared to the hundred of posts that will be on this thread in a couple weeks or months a few posts including models will not spam this thread. You saying something about it and us going on about it is causing there to be spam. Get a different phone and use a different guide if you don't want to see it.

I mean it is spam. You guys ignored the A8 2016 getting oreo thread when it has same chipset. Then 1 guy posts an alpha screenshot and then spend a page saying "gimme gimme heres my model"

Also the fact you think its fine to do it because others may do it in the future.
The blaming him for his 1 reply to be spam versus the countless amounts in this thread and other threads.

We knew an a8 port was gonna come even if official oreo wasnt.
If the devs wanted testers they will ask in their respective threads even then spam isnt okay its just inflation dms exist for a reason.

How about you learn some patience and the keep quiet if you cant abide by simple courtesy then.

"Get a different phone and use a different forum if thats to difficult."

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RodrigoSkywalker

May 25, 2018
São Paulo
I mean it is spam. You guys ignored the A8 2016 getting oreo thread when it has same chipset. Then 1 guy posts an alpha screenshot and then spend a page saying "gimme gimme heres my model"

Also the fact you think its fine to do it because others may do it in the future.
The blaming him for his 1 reply to be spam versus the countless amounts in this thread and other threads.

If the devs wanted testers they will ask in their respective threads even then spam isnt okay its just inflation dms exist for a reason.

How about you learn some patience and the keep quiet if you cant abide by simple courtesy then.

And now, 2 pages of "spam"

camalger

Sep 1, 2015
I am making this thread because i see that quite a bit of people are wondering if 3 year old flagship from Samsung is going to receive Oreo.
Yes it is. No release date yet. It was confirmed to me by Samsung here are some screenshots

Giving Oreo to the S6 after they ended monthly Update support for this device!!! hmm, that's interesting :confused:

Jun 10, 2011
Any news about this update?
There will be an official 8.0 for s6 or not?

Yes i 100% confirmed from Samsung UK support and they said we are working on the Oreo 8 update for S6 & S6 edge, but yet they did not confirmed the date just said you will get that via your device updates once its completed and tested by the Development team, So we must expect that in the next two months are so IMO. :good:

Reactions: jubarim and TeoShow

TheElfLord

Feb 4, 2017
Asked from Samsung Members app... :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180819-202247.png
    Screenshot_20180819-202247.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,385

Nikolayy2013

Jun 6, 2013
Aleksandrovac
Serbia has something on it :D

After like half an hour or more finally managed to contact Samsung for some info on the update.

Me: I've heard that there's suppose to be a new Oreo update for the Galaxy S6, so i wanted to know if that's correct?

Samsung: Welcome to Live Chat Samsung support. How can i help you?

Samsung: For now we don't have any concrete information, but it's possible that it may show up.

Samsung: If the update becomes available, you will get a notification.

Me: So it's possible?

Samsung: (Again just copy-pasting) For now we don't have any concrete information. But it could be.

Me: Thanks a lot!

Samsung:Thanks for contacting Samsung!

I asked about it on the Serbian Samsung support page. Still possible i didn't get any NO's. Well let's for the best!

Attachments

• samsung.png
    samsung.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 522

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
Samsung is very stupid. The S6 could even run Android 9 and they would even roll that update out if they wouldnt publish nearly 100 phones every year. I mean who needs all that **** C7, C7 pro, J7 nxt, Galaxy ON.. God Samsung make it like Apple. Focus on the S and Note Series. Maybe the A Series can also stay but you know what I want to say. Our Phones are capable of running new versions but our manufactor is too lazy to develop a new update because they are making new crap..

Reactions: elkhamshy

blairo_1226

Oct 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Samsung is very stupid. The S6 could even run Android 9 and they would even roll that update out if they wouldnt publish nearly 100 phones every year. I mean who needs all that **** C7, C7 pro, J7 nxt, Galaxy ON.. God Samsung make it like Apple. Focus on the S and Note Series. Maybe the A Series can also stay but you know what I want to say. Our Phones are capable of running new versions but our manufactor is too lazy to develop a new update because they are making new crap..

What's more special, is that I've oreo on my old and s4, for 1 year now.. My S6 is the worst on the custom roms side...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The S6 never get Oreo officially
    In that way, the port of A8 2016 with Oreo is under development.
    Galaxy S6 Android Oreo Update

Galaxy S6 Android Oreo Update

Samsung still isn’t saying much about its future plans for Android Oreo so we can’t tell you anything with one hundred percent certainty. That said, we can tell you a little bit about Samsung’s history.

The company typically keeps its Galaxy devices upgraded with major Android software updates for two years before killing off support. The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge started on Android Lollipop and they’ve been upgraded to Android Marshmallow and Android Nougat.

The Galaxy S6 celebrated its third birthday in April which means there’s a very good chance it’ll stay put on Android Nougat. After all, Samsung Turkey and Samsung Canada have both left the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge off lists outlining upcoming Android Oreo updates.

The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge also have disappeared from Samsung’s list of quarterly and monthly security updates. This all but confirms bad news for those of you holding out hope for Oreo. The Galaxy S6 Edge+ and Galaxy S6 Active both remain on the list.

There’s also a chance Samsung decides to push a third major update to the Galaxy S6 series.

The company still hasn’t released an official list of devices getting upgraded Android 8.0 Oreo, but we’ve seen unofficial lists appear on Weibo and XDA-Developers.

The list from Weibo includes the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, and Galaxy S6 Active while the list from XDA-Developers, which is based on data pulled from the Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update, doesn’t.

T-Mobile’s also seemingly confirmed Android Oreo updates for the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, and Galaxy Note 5, but nothing is official until Samsung itself confirms the development.

Android-Oreo-Update-List.jpg

According to multiple Samsung customer service reps, the Galaxy S6 will be getting Android Oreo. The information comes from threads on Reddit and XDA-Forums where posters state they were told that the company is currently working on a Galaxy S6 Android Oreo update behind the scenes.

One customer rep went as far as to say the Galaxy S6 Android 8.0 Oreo update is set to arrive sometime in January or February. That obviously didn’t happen.

Customer service representatives have been known to push bogus information to those asking questions over the phone and online so take this information with an immense grain of salt.

If Samsung does update the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, and Galaxy S6 Active with Android Oreo it will inch the company’s software support closer to Apple’s support for the iPhone. Apple typically keeps iPhones updated for four (five now that the iPhone 5s is getting iOS 12) years before kicking them to the curb.

At this point though, Galaxy S6 users shouldn’t be holding their breath.

Galaxy S6 Oreo Release Date

If Samsung decides to release Android 8.0 Oreo for the Galaxy S6, and that’s a huge if, it probably won’t release the software in June.

With the Android Oreo update just now hitting the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, we’re likely months away from a roll out. If there is one.

Samsung Canada’s confirmed Android Oreo support for the Galaxy Xcover4, Galaxy A8, Galaxy J3 Prime, Tab A8 and Tab A10.1. The regional arm says those updates will arrive later in 2018.

It makes no mention of the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.

S6-Oreo-768x689.jpg

Captu1111re.png

Having launched more than two years before than Android Oreo’s release, the Galaxy S6 is not eligible for the Android 8.0 update.

soo wait and see fellaazzz!!!:cool:
    I am making this thread because i see that quite a bit of people are wondering if 3 year old flagship from Samsung is going to receive Oreo.
    Yes it is. No release date yet. It was confirmed to me by Samsung here are some screenshots

I'm totally with you. It's really getting ridiculous. I would also like to see this thread closed.

Guys just stop this waiting, this is the real and final answer of Samsung (The one who answered the email, UK")

Sin-t-tulo.png

I request to close this topic, since it won't get any update anymore, Android 7.0 Nougat is the last for Galaxy S6.