FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Oreo update for the Galaxy S6

333 posts
Thanks Meter: 225

By nysadev, Senior Member on 13th January 2018, 03:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I just spoke to a Galaxy support rep, and they gave an ETA of about January/February. I don't know if this is completely legit but if it came from a support rep, I'd think it's true. And the ETA seems legit.

I don't know what you guys think of this but... yea. Hopefully we get the Oreo update. I'd also suggest you speak to support reps yourselfs to comfirm it

Screenshots below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1111.PNG
Views:	5236
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	4388114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Captu1111re.PNG
Views:	5156
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	4388115  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nysadev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nysadev Ad-Free

13th January 2018, 04:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolongo

Hi,
I just spoke to a Galaxy support rep, and they gave an ETA of about January/February. I don't know if this is completely legit but if it came from a support rep, I'd think it's true. And the ETA seems legit.

I don't know what you guys think of this but... yea. Hopefully we get the Oreo update. I'd also suggest you speak to support reps yourselfs to comfirm it

Screenshots below

"That was Legitness..."

I would be happy if my S6 gets OREO.

I think its true, its only a matter of time now. S6 is a good device!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fixo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fixo Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 10:06 AM |#3  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Don't get me wrong but that answer seems very generic and as far as i know the oreo update didn't even hit the S8 model. Mind you that it will take another 2-3 months after that for the S7 update wich is the previous generation. Aaaand after that we can expect something for S6, but i'm not confident for a stock oreo from Samsung...
The Following User Says Thank You to punktnet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift punktnet Ad-Free
14th January 2018, 02:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Since N released for the S6 in April/May, I expect Oreo to be released in August/September
15th January 2018, 02:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Carefully read the message timed at 14.22, they will release an update on WHICH phones will receive an update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Migman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Migman Ad-Free
18th January 2018, 09:14 PM |#6  
Flag Warsaw - Poland
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Oreo update for the Galaxy S6
https://www.sammobile.com/news/dont-...0-oreo-update/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waldemarz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waldemarz Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 03:50 PM |#7  
if T-Mobile is getting the Oreo update for s6, i would hope Verizon goes through with it too.. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...update-3391192
19th February 2018, 07:22 PM |#8  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanger

if T-Mobile is getting the Oreo update for s6, i would hope Verizon goes through with it too.. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...update-3391192

Pretty much impossible that the S6 gets Oreo. Their support rep has denied that the update will come. Here is the link: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/143393 . If you look at the T-Mobile software update page the S6 isn't listed as an eligible device for the Oreo update

Here is the link for the software update page: https://support.t-mobile.com/communi...ftware-updates
21st February 2018, 01:26 PM |#9  
Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
That post is old...
[QUOTE=CroGamer1;75627057]Pretty much impossible that the S6 gets Oreo. Their support rep has denied that the update will come . If you look at the T-Mobile software update page the S6 isn't listed as an eligible device for the Oreo update

The post is really old, May 2017, its been almost a year. So still a chance!
21st February 2018, 02:12 PM |#10  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 19

More
[QUOTE=ZartexPlays;75646057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroGamer1

Pretty much impossible that the S6 gets Oreo. Their support rep has denied that the update will come . If you look at the T-Mobile software update page the S6 isn't listed as an eligible device for the Oreo update

The post is really old, May 2017, its been almost a year. So still a chance!

It's not. If you read the page carefully the rep apologised for not coming back to clarify the situation. The rep gave the answer no a week ago
12th March 2018, 09:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
There is no official news of galaxy s6 to get oreo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)