By reefur, Member on 25th February 2015, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2015, 07:49 AM |#401  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzbang3

He's made 3 idiotic posts about the radio and you've come up to back him up with complete idiocy as well, very clever.
Bolded your idiocy so others can mock you too.
EDIT: and if you don't want me giving you a hard time, don't "back up" a poster who is dumb enough to claim data plans are dirt cheap all over the world and or no one needs / wants the radio - this very thread is proof a lot of people miss it.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Hate to say it but I agree, I mean, I don't dislike it! It's not too bad but ....... it's not amazing either and 2 people posting very similar pics has me worried it's legit.
So no SD card? How much extra are they gonna sting us, like Apple do?
I don't need SUPER EXPENSIVE, HIGH END, LATEST MODEL FLASH RAM in 128gb, I need 32gb onboard my phone and 64 to 128gb of mid speed ram for my photos or movies - hence SD Card :/ (40$ for 64gb,...)
I bet the difference from 32 to 64 is more like $100 and 64 to 128? $100 more again :/

The Edge version looks great, though (Except for the back. The back looks awful). I'm just worried the Edge variant will cost much more, be in short supply, and have worse specs than the original.

S6Edge
26th February 2015, 07:52 AM |#402  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm praying this not the real galaxy s6. Biggest disappointment if it is. Very amateurish. Samsung will go down as the stupidest company ever!
The Following User Says Thank You to nyknight77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nyknight77 Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 07:53 AM |#403  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknight77

I'm praying this not the real galaxy s6. Biggest disappointment if it is. Very amateurish. Samsung will go down as the stupidest company ever!

This is fricking hilarious lol!
26th February 2015, 07:53 AM |#404  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant786

The problem is that they are calling it S6 Edge. In any case, limited stocks could be a boon - Like the iPhones. Having limited stocks always seems to keep the public interest high. Especially when the phone is unique.

Yeah, the naming thing could get people thinking about the Note 4 Edge.
I just think that S6 Edge is actually visually appealing, so it'll catch a lot of attention, regardless of its name.
26th February 2015, 07:54 AM |#405  
OP Member
Flag Busan-Haeundae
Thanks Meter: 159

More
And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424936492000.jpg
Views:	15154
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	3184401   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424936509980.jpg
Views:	18320
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	3184402   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424936526750.jpg
Views:	17772
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	3184403  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to reefur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefur Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 07:54 AM |#406  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzbang3

You shouldn't be streaming ANYTHING on 3g or 4g, except on wifi or if you're rich with an expensive plan.
What started this subthread was someone claiming online IP based radio is hte future and it is if you're on wifi or in the USA or Asia - but a lot of places do not hand out big amounts of data for nothing.

It's a huge waste of bandwidth (mobile / cellular bandwidth IS a limited thing, it's not like fibre) - if everyone streamed radio it would completely go to the ****ter for performance.
People should be keeping their media locally, it's inefficient to do otherwise.

I pay equivelant to $17 US per month for ONE GB of data, it's with a good provider and it's reliable.
1gb... ONE.
I use about 400mb per month.

That's absurd!! That's a ****load of money for not much data.
Ofcourse in your circumstance it would be wise to save data as much as you can.

But I don't agree with you about keeping media local, never stream 3G/4G etc.
Yes, in your case it makes sense, but a lot of places it doesn't.

I my case I pay 30$ a month for unlimited 4G, I have speeds around 50-100mbit anywhere I go (Copenhagen, Denmark) and there is no data throttling at all. So for people living in places like that it does make sense to stream.

Heck, I never even turn on wifi cuz it's so slow compared to LTE, lol.

In Korea they have even faster speeds and better coverage.. I've heard of people in Seoul getting 40 mbit LTE inside a METAL ELEVATOR!

Internet is the future man, I'm telling you... that also applies for radio
The data prices will come down eventually.. also where you live.
26th February 2015, 07:55 AM |#407  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefur

And FYI, it boots although I booted one I had permission to do so on. I left the other alone, same model. Definitely glass back, feels solid as heck, runs android 5.0.2., no more finger swipe, just press like iPhone/iPad. This thread has gotten a bit out of hand. My fault, my curiosity has led to craziness. Im going to let others do the work going forward. Also, this IS the s6 whether you like it or not albeit not final version. I confirmed by turning the 2nd unit I got my hands on obviously. Pictures have not done this phone justice, it's actually pretty nice. It's weird, people complain about Samsung's build quality and point at HTC and Apple as examples of solid build quality, Samsung takes cues from them and they get ripped? I guess you can't make everyone happy. I'm fine without removable battery but the SD card being gone does piss me off..... To each their own, I know people are passionate about what they want or need. Anyways..... Voila

Ok, those pics actually do make it look a lot better. Maybe it's down to the angle?

BTW, how's the UI? Does it lag or stutter?
26th February 2015, 07:56 AM |#408  
Flag Bronx, New York
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknight77

That title goes to HTC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phillax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phillax Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 07:57 AM |#409  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesexual

Yeah, the naming thing could get people thinking about the Note 4 Edge.
I just think that S6 Edge is actually visually appealing, so it'll catch a lot of attention, regardless of its name.

It does! It looks sexy. And i really want them to succeed again, they seem to be taking a lot of steps in the right direction lately. Dont want people to write them off - a la HTC.

Quote:

You are right. They seem to be taking a lot of steps in the right direction and deserve credit.
So do you, inspite of your apprehensions you did give us a lot of info. Thanks a lot!
Overall did you seem to be satisfied though? With the build quality and especially the UI?
26th February 2015, 07:59 AM |#410  
OP Member
Flag Busan-Haeundae
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesexual

Ok, those pics actually do make it look a lot better. Maybe it's down to the angle?

BTW, how's the UI? Does it lag or stutter?

No lag, video might get posted by someone else, anything is possible. UI is classic Samsung garbage. Slightly different than Note 4. But buttery smooth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reefur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefur Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 08:00 AM |#411  

More
Quote:

No lag, video might get posted by someone else, anything is possible. UI is classic Samsung garbage. Slightly different than Note 4. But buttery smooth.

Thank ****ing god. At least they got this one correct.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)