FORUMS

[SPECS] Samsung Galaxy S6 Specifications

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By ForumNinja, Forum Editor on 18th February 2015, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all

We have several threads dedicated to the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S6. so I thought it best roll them all into one as we now have more detailed listings. These are still TBC, so they will be updated as we get more information in.

Interesting Samsung went with its "in-house" Exynos chipset and not a snapdragon 810, thoughts?

Galaxy S6

Specifications:

Display - Super AMOLED, 5.1 inches, 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
Chipset - Exynos 7420
CPU - Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57
GPU - Mali-T760
RAM - 3 GB
Memory - 32/64/128 GB, No SD Card slot.
Camera - 16 MP, 3456 x 4608 pixels, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash
Secondary Camera - 5 MP
Sensors - Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, gesture, heart rate
Connectivity - Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.1
Battery - 2550 mAh - Non removable
Dimensions - 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm
Weight - 138 g
Color Availability - White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz
Source: gsmarena
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxy s6.jpg
Views:	5902
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	3189508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung_Galaxy_S6_SPECS.jpg
Views:	3332
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	3193065  
The Following User Says Thank You to ForumNinja For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ForumNinja Ad-Free
18th February 2015, 08:39 PM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I think the battery will be ~3000mAh and while i don't want a 1440 screen its going to happen. Also i think it will be Bluetooth 4.1 and i think that the heart rate monitor will be gone in the S6.
The Following User Says Thank You to zigzag32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zigzag32 Ad-Free
19th February 2015, 04:53 AM |#3  
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I think it doesn't have dust and water resistant facilities.
19th February 2015, 11:01 AM |#4  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,928

More
Here's hoping for a sdcard slot, else it'll be a big change, no removable battery and no sdcard slot.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S5
19th February 2015, 05:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
At long last a 32GB default memory for the base model, taken them long enough. Really hope the rumours that they've seriously cut back touch whizz are true.
19th February 2015, 08:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13

Here's hoping for a sdcard slot, else it'll be a big change, no removable battery and no sdcard slot.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S5

i second that on the sd slot. And i really hope att doesnt have samsung lock it using knox again, theres little to no development on my s5 thanks to knox. and its just not fair to pay 700 dollars to have limited phone.

March 1st will be here soon enough and hopefully HTC can convince me enough to get off the sammy band wagon lol
19th February 2015, 09:12 PM |#8  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,928

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David111jr

i second that on the sd slot. And i really hope att doesnt have samsung lock it using knox again, theres little to no development on my s5 thanks to knox. and its just not fair to pay 700 dollars to have limited phone.

March 1st will be here soon enough and hopefully HTC can convince me enough to get off the sammy band wagon lol

Personally I don't care about Knox, the first thing I did when I got my Tab S was flash a custom recovery and root it. That's the joy of an unlocked bootloader.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S5
19th February 2015, 11:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandroid13

Personally I don't care about Knox, the first thing I did when I got my Tab S was flash a custom recovery and root it. That's the joy of an unlocked bootloader.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S5

Thats what im saying if knox is going to be activated on at&t i think im gonna have to pass on this device even though the specs are amazing. i love all the work the devs do, and being able to push the phone to the limit and without being able to root i cant see myself buying this.

p.s. unless att can garrentee us resonable update times.
20th February 2015, 01:57 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I heard that we are going to be able to delete the bloatware, which is a plus, but I still want my SD card.
20th February 2015, 01:34 PM |#11  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 415

Donate to Me
More
Cool
Subscribed...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)